Windows 10: BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled - Just Received Radeon Update

Discus and support BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled - Just Received Radeon Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just received a Radeon software update yesterday. Version 17.8.1 I frequently experience so many issues with this machine. It's either one thing or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Peopleface, Aug 21, 2017.

1. BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled - Just Received Radeon Update

Just received a Radeon software update yesterday. Version 17.8.1

I frequently experience so many issues with this machine. It's either one thing or another.

Lots of corruption with drivers, etc. Previously had a windows kernel file become corrupt that required a system reset. Which was detailed in this thread among other BSOD issues...

BSOD When Browsing On Chrome - Windows 10 Forums

I have run Memtest86+ a full 8 passes previously, (took 5 whole days running non-stop) with no issues. I have been told that there is a possibility Windows does not play nicely with the amount of RAM that I have... *Confused

:)

Peopleface, Aug 21, 2017

2. BSOD SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Hi ,

So I have just upgraded to windows 10 about two weeks ago yey BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled - Just Received Radeon Update :) but sadly , today I have got an BSOD BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled - Just Received Radeon Update :( which said SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED .

So I checked some websites....etc. and I have noticed that in order to realize what's the main cause I need an .DMP file so I have extracted mine and putted it on this link : https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=EC9CFFC5306A4516!5323&authkey=!AM_nqffuDXTG7-4&ithint=file,rar

Please Help Me!!

Thanks In Advance !!

Mohamed IslamMekadmini, Aug 21, 2017
  3. BSOD SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Hi,

Thank you for your answer .

So , I have updated some drivers and I hope that everything will be alright .

But Honestly I'm wondering about something , I have downloaded a software called Bluescreen view and it told me that the crash was caused by this : Wdf01000.sys

Can you please tell me what's that ??

Thanks again .

Mohamed IslamMekadmini, Aug 21, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled - Just Received Radeon Update

Hi Peopleface ,

Welcome again to Ten Forums.
    There were 2 bsod mini dump files debugged and there was no definitive misbehaving driver.
    There were an additional 2 crashes noted in the event logs.

The Samsung and WDC drives appear identical.
    It appears that you made a clean install on 08/07/2017
    What other changes were made in the past 18 days?

The first crash was on 8/10/2017
    The second crash was on 8/11/2017
    The third crash was on 8/20/2017
    The forth crash was on 8/22/2017

The first bsod mini dump was on 8/10/2017
    The second bsod mini dump was on 8/22/2017

1) Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting.Sometimes there are problems in the bios that produce bsod.

The bios in your computer:
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1605, 10/25/2012
    2) Please check to see if this is the most up to date version.
    3) To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.
    Sometimes there can be failure to boot after resetting the bios.

4) So please make sure your files are backed up.

5) Please make a backup image with Macrium:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free:
    Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything
    6) Please create a brand new restore point.How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:
    How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

7) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste these commands:
    8) sfc /scannow

9) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

10) chkdsk /scan

11) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

12) Open Ccleaner > view > windows tab > system > make sure that memory dumps is unchecked

13) Open system control panel > advanced system settings > startup and recovery settings > make sure that automatic memory dump is selected and automatically restart is unchecked

14) Download and install:
    Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.
    Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer

15) review this link on the custom settings for windows driver verifier:
    Microsoft Community

16) review this link on the 3 methods to turn off windows driver verifier:
    Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

After you have completed all of the above steps and you have time to troubleshoot bsod please start windows driver verifier.

For each bsod you will open the windows advanced troubleshooting menu > startup options (not startup repair) > choice #6 safe mode with command prompt > type verifier /reset

When back on the desktop you will run both bluescreenview and whocrashed and then uninstall any misbehaving drivers. You can keep running windows driver verifier until all misbehaving drivers are uninstalled or you can reinstall a driver after it has been uninstalled. It is personal preference. The end result should be the same.

When there are no longer any bsod you will run windows driver verifier for an additional 36 hours with the computer under typical use. If there are no more bsod you can turn off windows driver verifier and troubleshooting will be completed.

For each bsod please post a new zip and we will perform debugging and guide you through the troubleshooting steps:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Aug 24, 2017
  5. I'm skipping all of this for now.

I have purchased a new motherboard that I will be installing, an ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z .

After I install it, I will do a fresh install of Windows and go from there. Hopefully, a different motherboard will help resolve some of the issues I'm having. I believe that my current board isn't working too well with either the brand or the amount of memory that I currently have installed.

Peopleface, Sep 3, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled - Just Received Radeon Update

1. BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled - Just Received Radeon Update - Similar Threads - BSOD System Thread

2. BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hello, I was on google chrome with many tabs and application open when my computer gave me a BSOD.I went and updated the graphics driver and the network drivers through device manager. It said I had the best installed one. I looked at the event logger to try and find the...
  3. BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hello, I was on google chrome with many tabs and application open when my computer gave me a BSOD.I went and updated the graphics driver and the network drivers through device manager. It said I had the best installed one. I looked at the event logger to try and find the...
  4. BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD system exception thread not handled

BSOD system exception thread not handled: HELP! Every time my laptop powers on it BSOD and shows the error code 'system exception thread not handled'. It will then auto-restart and work fine after this. Any ideas on how I can fix this initial boot issue would be great!...
  6. System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD

System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD: Recently I've been getting the BSOD with the message "your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" and stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. At first this happened maybe once a week, but it has gotten more and more frequent. Links to the dmp files:...
  7. BSOD system thread exception not handled

BSOD system thread exception not handled: My PC just had a BSOD. While following instructions from another post and running verifier my PC was stuck in a crash loop. Booted up after system restore kicked in, good thing I didn't skip the restore point step. I uploaded a .rar with 3 files: the MSinfo32, the older DMP...
  8. BSOD system thread exception not handled

BSOD system thread exception not handled: Hello :) I recently god this BSOD in an endless loop: STOP CODE: system thread exception not handled win ver: 2004 19041.572 I attach the V2 log as requested. Hopefully you can help me solve this issue. thank you so much! DESKTOP-HOLLOWC-(2020-12-11_20-19-28).zip 170250
  9. BSOD System thread exception not handled.

BSOD System thread exception not handled.: Hello everyone! I'm here with an issue, that came up yesterday afternoon. There was a windows update, PC restarted, and I left it sitting idle for a while, like 40 minutes or so. After I came back, it was sitting on the wimdows restore screen, telling me it failed to...
  10. BSOD System thread exception not handled

BSOD System thread exception not handled: So, a few weeks ago I had a problem with daily blue screens. That problem got fixed since it was a driver that was the problem. Just now, I had another blue screen but this time it was a differant problem. I looked in the events but unfortantly I cannot see what the problem...