Windows 10: BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled

Discus and support BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I ran WhoCrashed and it indicated this was caused by an unidentifiable driver. No driver or .exe or .sys file was displayed at the time of crash. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RKramkowski, Jun 22, 2017.

1. BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled

I ran WhoCrashed and it indicated this was caused by an unidentifiable driver. No driver or .exe or .sys file was displayed at the time of crash. I believe all these crashes were while playing Arma3 but I've had others in the recent past when running Malwarebytes.

:)

RKramkowski, Jun 22, 2017

2. BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled - SPUVCbv64.sys

We are volunteers willing to help you try to resolve this issue. I am a 10 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting including BSOD events.

Both minidumps were essentially the same and I fully analyzed them to be sure other processes were not implicated.

Since the computer is new and still under warranty please contact HP Support and the seller. As OEM HP is responsible for the proper operation of both the hardware and Windows. So regardless of the cause it is theirs to resolve. And the unit is under full warranty
    and may be in need of repairs or replacement. Added that even if you are able to resolve the issue you would want it fully documented just in case there are related problems down the road. Remember the more you do the more they will say it is something you
    have done.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff807e4f6ad53, ffffef862b01f768, ffffef862b01efb0}

Probably caused by : SPUVCbv64.sys ( SPUVCbv64+6ad53 )

SPUVCbv64.sys dated 10/30/2017 AVStream driver SUNPLUS INNOVATION TECHNOLOGY.

BiosVersion = F.36

BiosReleaseDate = 10/25/2017

SystemManufacturer = HP

SystemProductName = HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ac0XX

SystemFamily = 103C_5335KV HP Spectre

SystemVersion =

SystemSKU = 2EN69EA#ABZ

BaseBoardManufacturer = HP

BaseBoardProduct = 827E

BaseBoardVersion = 94.61

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz"

MaxSpeed: 2500

CurrentSpeed: 2712

HP Support/Troubleshooting & Drivers

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Contact HP

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us....

HP Forums

Home - HP Support Forum

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jun 22, 2017
  3. enrijerry Win User
    BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled - SPUVCbv64.sys

On a 2 months old hp laptop (hp spectre x360 with kaby lake intel proc.) I had 2 BSOD in the last day shortly after
    waking the laptop from sleep while using the
    windows hello feature.

I have updated recently the pc to windows 10 pro (from home) and I have activated the hyper-v and Bitlocker features (but i think the problem is unrelated to these things).

The hp camera driver was also udpate recently (SunplusIT 27/10/2017 ver. 3.6.8.7). Maybe I should revert back to an older version?

Minidump file and system info here Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I would appreciate any suggestion.

I will be grateful for any help any community member can provide.

Enri

enrijerry, Jun 22, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled

The log files suggest there may be problems with the software. I know it seems harsh to withhold support when we suspect this is the case but unfortunately the forum rules state that no piracy is allowed. If you can clean out all traces we can look again.

No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

The other problem is that people who use software illegally may be unwittingly affecting their systems in ways that introduce unexpected behavours - therefore, troubleshooting such systems is avoided by most analysts.

zbook, Jun 23, 2017
Thema:

BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled

1. BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled - Similar Threads - BSOD System Thread

2. BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hello, I was on google chrome with many tabs and application open when my computer gave me a BSOD.I went and updated the graphics driver and the network drivers through device manager. It said I had the best installed one. I looked at the event logger to try and find the...
  3. BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hello, I was on google chrome with many tabs and application open when my computer gave me a BSOD.I went and updated the graphics driver and the network drivers through device manager. It said I had the best installed one. I looked at the event logger to try and find the...
  4. BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD system exception thread not handled

BSOD system exception thread not handled: HELP! Every time my laptop powers on it BSOD and shows the error code 'system exception thread not handled'. It will then auto-restart and work fine after this. Any ideas on how I can fix this initial boot issue would be great!...
  6. System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD

System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD: Recently I've been getting the BSOD with the message "your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" and stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. At first this happened maybe once a week, but it has gotten more and more frequent. Links to the dmp files:...
  7. BSOD system thread exception not handled

BSOD system thread exception not handled: My PC just had a BSOD. While following instructions from another post and running verifier my PC was stuck in a crash loop. Booted up after system restore kicked in, good thing I didn't skip the restore point step. I uploaded a .rar with 3 files: the MSinfo32, the older DMP...
  8. BSOD system thread exception not handled

BSOD system thread exception not handled: Hello :) I recently god this BSOD in an endless loop: STOP CODE: system thread exception not handled win ver: 2004 19041.572 I attach the V2 log as requested. Hopefully you can help me solve this issue. thank you so much! DESKTOP-HOLLOWC-(2020-12-11_20-19-28).zip 170250
  9. BSOD System thread exception not handled.

BSOD System thread exception not handled.: Hello everyone! I'm here with an issue, that came up yesterday afternoon. There was a windows update, PC restarted, and I left it sitting idle for a while, like 40 minutes or so. After I came back, it was sitting on the wimdows restore screen, telling me it failed to...
  10. BSOD System thread exception not handled

BSOD System thread exception not handled: So, a few weeks ago I had a problem with daily blue screens. That problem got fixed since it was a driver that was the problem. Just now, I had another blue screen but this time it was a differant problem. I looked in the events but unfortantly I cannot see what the problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Spucvbv64.sys

2. fix stopcode spuvcbv64.sys

3. spuvcbv64 error_exception_not_handled

4. spuvcbv64.sys,
  5. spuvcbv64.sys hp spectre,
  6. hp spectre x360 blue screen system thread exception not