Windows 10: Bsod system thread exception not handled

Discus and support Bsod system thread exception not handled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I got this BSOD: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED The first time, Its said about a file named "fltMgr.sys"; But after that, Everytime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by raya2, Sep 10, 2017.

1. raya2 Win User

Bsod system thread exception not handled

Recently I got this BSOD:

SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

The first time, Its said about a file named "fltMgr.sys"; But after that, Everytime It only shows "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED"

Windows can't loads up. I just can access the windows only in safe mode.

Windows 10 Pro x64

The dump has been uploaded.

Thank u.

:)

raya2, Sep 10, 2017

2. BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled - SPUVCbv64.sys

We are volunteers willing to help you try to resolve this issue. I am a 10 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting including BSOD events.

Both minidumps were essentially the same and I fully analyzed them to be sure other processes were not implicated.

Since the computer is new and still under warranty please contact HP Support and the seller. As OEM HP is responsible for the proper operation of both the hardware and Windows. So regardless of the cause it is theirs to resolve. And the unit is under full warranty
    and may be in need of repairs or replacement. Added that even if you are able to resolve the issue you would want it fully documented just in case there are related problems down the road. Remember the more you do the more they will say it is something you
    have done.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff807e4f6ad53, ffffef862b01f768, ffffef862b01efb0}

Probably caused by : SPUVCbv64.sys ( SPUVCbv64+6ad53 )

SPUVCbv64.sys dated 10/30/2017 AVStream driver SUNPLUS INNOVATION TECHNOLOGY.

BiosVersion = F.36

BiosReleaseDate = 10/25/2017

SystemManufacturer = HP

SystemProductName = HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ac0XX

SystemFamily = 103C_5335KV HP Spectre

SystemVersion =

SystemSKU = 2EN69EA#ABZ

BaseBoardManufacturer = HP

BaseBoardProduct = 827E

BaseBoardVersion = 94.61

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz"

MaxSpeed: 2500

CurrentSpeed: 2712

HP Support/Troubleshooting & Drivers

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Contact HP

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us....

HP Forums

Home - HP Support Forum

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Sep 10, 2017
  3. enrijerry Win User
    BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled - SPUVCbv64.sys

On a 2 months old hp laptop (hp spectre x360 with kaby lake intel proc.) I had 2 BSOD in the last day shortly after
    waking the laptop from sleep while using the
    windows hello feature.

I have updated recently the pc to windows 10 pro (from home) and I have activated the hyper-v and Bitlocker features (but i think the problem is unrelated to these things).

The hp camera driver was also udpate recently (SunplusIT 27/10/2017 ver. 3.6.8.7). Maybe I should revert back to an older version?

Minidump file and system info here Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I would appreciate any suggestion.

I will be grateful for any help any community member can provide.

Enri

enrijerry, Sep 10, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi raya2,

Please try the following to see if you can boot into normal mode.

Bsod system thread exception not handled [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    If you can boot into normal mode using this method, uninstall Avast. Avast looks to be the cause of the crash.

5. zbook New Member
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste: slmgr /dlv

zbook, Sep 11, 2017
  6. raya2 Win User
    Here is the screenshot:

And after typing "slui.exe 0x2a 0x8007043C", It shows:

raya2, Sep 11, 2017
  7. axe0 New Member
    When you search slmgr, what do you get in Windows Explorer?
    An example of my system
    Attachment 152998

8. lx07 Win User

You can't run slmgr in safe mode - it doesn't work.

9. axe0 New Member
    Oops, forgot about safe mode when I edited my post *Redface

Reverted the edit

10. raya2 Win User
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    If you can boot into normal mode using this method, uninstall Avast. Avast looks to be the cause of the crash. I launched an app named "BluScreenView" & it shows the cause of BSOD is from a file named "aswSnx.sys" that is a part of Avast antivirus.

Also u say its from Avast too, So I'm %99 sure that problem is from Avast.

I will contact Avast support team.

Here:

raya2, Sep 12, 2017
  11. Theres illegal software installed on the computer. Also it seems that Windows or another Microsoft product wasnt activated the legal way.

BSODHunter, Sep 12, 2017
  12. raya2 Win User
    So u mean if I remove that illegal software "Sexy Beach Premium Resort" (I leeched this illegal software from torrent), my problem will be solved?! Or maybe u r referring to another software?

raya2, Sep 12, 2017
  13. axe0 New Member

I wonder why everyone thinks that removing cracked programs solve their problems. No it does not.

IME you need to be in normal mode to properly remove all the cracks and cracked stuff

14. raya2 Win User
    Update: I uninstalled Avast antivirus from my PC, but still recieving BSOD. *Sad

The only change in BSOD is the message it shows:

Driver Verifier Detected Violation

I ran BlueScreenView app to see the Driver that caused it:

vmci.sys

It was related to VMWare, So I uninstalled VMWare apps and restart, But again I received BSOD & this time with another driver.

I removed that driver But again & again the BSOD comes with other drivers. Till now I removed 6 drivers or their apps, But Still I have BSOD.

I must say that All BSODs have the same message:

Driver Verifier Detected Violation

But each time with different drivers + a windows system file named "ntoskrnl.exe" (NT Kernal & System).

Newest Dump file attached.

raya2, Sep 14, 2017
  15. axe0 New Member
    Please upload a zip created by the dm log collector

Thema:

1. Bsod system thread exception not handled - Similar Threads - Bsod system thread

2. BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hello, I was on google chrome with many tabs and application open when my computer gave me a BSOD.I went and updated the graphics driver and the network drivers through device manager. It said I had the best installed one. I looked at the event logger to try and find the...
  3. BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hello, I was on google chrome with many tabs and application open when my computer gave me a BSOD.I went and updated the graphics driver and the network drivers through device manager. It said I had the best installed one. I looked at the event logger to try and find the...
  4. BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD system exception thread not handled

BSOD system exception thread not handled: HELP! Every time my laptop powers on it BSOD and shows the error code 'system exception thread not handled'. It will then auto-restart and work fine after this. Any ideas on how I can fix this initial boot issue would be great!...
  6. System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD

System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD: Recently I've been getting the BSOD with the message "your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" and stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. At first this happened maybe once a week, but it has gotten more and more frequent. Links to the dmp files:...
  7. BSOD system thread exception not handled

BSOD system thread exception not handled: My PC just had a BSOD. While following instructions from another post and running verifier my PC was stuck in a crash loop. Booted up after system restore kicked in, good thing I didn't skip the restore point step. I uploaded a .rar with 3 files: the MSinfo32, the older DMP...
  8. BSOD system thread exception not handled

BSOD system thread exception not handled: Hello :) I recently god this BSOD in an endless loop: STOP CODE: system thread exception not handled win ver: 2004 19041.572 I attach the V2 log as requested. Hopefully you can help me solve this issue. thank you so much! DESKTOP-HOLLOWC-(2020-12-11_20-19-28).zip 170250
  9. BSOD System thread exception not handled.

BSOD System thread exception not handled.: Hello everyone! I'm here with an issue, that came up yesterday afternoon. There was a windows update, PC restarted, and I left it sitting idle for a while, like 40 minutes or so. After I came back, it was sitting on the wimdows restore screen, telling me it failed to...
  10. BSOD System thread exception not handled

BSOD System thread exception not handled: So, a few weeks ago I had a problem with daily blue screens. That problem got fixed since it was a driver that was the problem. Just now, I had another blue screen but this time it was a differant problem. I looked in the events but unfortantly I cannot see what the problem...