Windows 10: BSOD, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and ATTEMPTED_EXICUTE_OF_NONEXICUTE_MEM

Discus and support BSOD, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and ATTEMPTED_EXICUTE_OF_NONEXICUTE_MEM in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay last month my brothers computer was getting the BSOD due to a bad hard drive, new drive ordered and installed, problem seemed to be solved.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by misspaperwait, Aug 22, 2017.

1. BSOD, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and ATTEMPTED_EXICUTE_OF_NONEXICUTE_MEM

Okay last month my brothers computer was getting the BSOD due to a bad hard drive, new drive ordered and installed, problem seemed to be solved.

However last night he was playing HOTS and skyping with his friends and it blue screened again. It's only done it once but I'd rather nip it in the bud before it degrades to constant problems again.

NOTE: It was having issues rebooting yesterday, apparently there was an error to do with overclocking, something that has never been on this or any other of our systems, brother says he looked up error, followed some tutorials and seems to have fixed that particular problem but I thought i'd mention it anyways.

:)

misspaperwait, Aug 22, 2017
  2. Neprut Win User

Windows BSOD issues - Have DMP files

The driver verifier is not the issue here.... The whole point of that command is to BSOD your system and to see which drivers are acting up, that is the reason I posted the .dmp file for that BSOD. Of course I would have disabled that after successfully
    getting the system to crash...

My BIOS is the latest version (American Megatrends Inc. 1.I0, 25-Apr-17), that is the reason the .nfo file is included with the dumps so people are able to see that.

The SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION is indeed the main BSOD caused by main things over the past few weeks, which is what I am trying to fix.

29JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

26JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys)

24JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntoskrnl.exe)

23JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys)

22JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntoskrnl.exe)

18JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys)

ect, ect...

If older .dmp files are necessary I can always provide.

Thanks.

Neprut, Aug 22, 2017
  3. nikosdim Win User
    bsod to a new pc

okay thanks. Also as we were talking another bsod occured saying

system_service_exception

nikosdim, Aug 22, 2017
  4. BSOD, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and ATTEMPTED_EXICUTE_OF_NONEXICUTE_MEM

Hi,

found two things. the

1) AMD GPU driver is shown in the bsod dumps. Driver & Software should be uinstalled and reinstalled using DDU:

BSOD, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and ATTEMPTED_EXICUTE_OF_NONEXICUTE_MEM [​IMG]
    Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) is a small software that can help the user to uninstall the display driver from the users PC. It can uninstall the driver for all the lead display chip developers, viz. Nvidia, AMD and Intel. Code: 0x000000FC: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY (23.08.2017 00:38:04) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption atikmdag.sys [7.07.2015] * ATI Video driver (remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver) * => AMD Support and Radeon Software Driver Download PROCESS: HeroesOfTheStorm_x64.exe Usual causes: Device driver[/quote]

2) I can see that theres an Seagate HDD installed and a lot of file system errors are shown in eventlog.
    Code: 2017-08-06 08:23:21 Error: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume C:. A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x7000000006da36. The name of the file is "\Windows.old\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Source\10.0.15063.0\ucrt\stdio". The corrupted index attribute is ":$I30:$INDEX_ALLOCATION". 2017-08-06 08:23:21 Error: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume C:. A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x14600000006da22. The name of the file is "\Windows.old\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Source\10.0.15063.0\ucrt\mbstring". The corrupted index attribute is ":$I30:$INDEX_ALLOCATION". 2017-08-06 08:23:21 Error: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume C:. A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x1f00000006da20. The name of the file is "\Windows.old\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Source\10.0.15063.0\ucrt\inc". The corrupted index attribute is ":$I30:$INDEX_ALLOCATION". 2017-08-06 08:23:21 Error: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume C:. A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x1600000006da2c. The name of the file is "\Windows.old\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Source\10.0.15063.0\ucrt\env". The corrupted index attribute is ":$I30:$INDEX_ALLOCATION". 2017-08-06 08:23:21 Error: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume C:. A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x14000000069dc0. The name of the file is "\Windows.old\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.15063.0\um". The corrupted index attribute is ":$I30:$INDEX_ALLOCATION". 2017-08-06 08:23:21 Error: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume C:. A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x1e00000006e24f. The name of the file is "\Windows.old\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Extension SDKs\WindowsDesktop\10.0.15063.0". The corrupted index attribute is ":$I30:$INDEX_ALLOCATION". 2017-08-06 08:23:21 Error: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume C:. A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x8000000062657. The name of the file is "\Windows.old\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x64\sdk\samples\exdi\ExdiGdbSrvSample". The corrupted index attribute is ":$I30:$INDEX_ALLOCATION". 2017-08-06 08:23:21 Error: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume C:. A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x80000000625c9. The name of the file is "\Windows.old\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\ddk\samples\kdserial". The corrupted index attribute is ":$I30:$INDEX_ALLOCATION". 2017-08-06 08:23:21 Error: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume C:. A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0xa000000061e5c. The name of the file is "\Windows.old\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\build". The corrupted index attribute is ":$I30:$INDEX_ROOT". The corrupted index block is located at Vcn 0xffffffffffffffff, Lcn 0xffffffffffffffff. The corruption begins at offset 496 within the index block. 2017-08-06 08:23:22 Error: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume C:. A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0xe00000006d607. The name of the file is "\Windows.old\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.15063.0\x86". The corrupted index attribute is ":$I30:$INDEX_ALLOCATION". 2017-08-06 08:23:22 Error: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume C:. A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x900000006cea1. The name of the file is "\Windows.old\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.cpp\v4.0\v140\Platforms\Win32\PlatformToolsets". The corrupted index attribute is ":$I30:$INDEX_ALLOCATION". 2017-08-06 08:23:22 Error: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume C:. A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x1a00000006ced0. The name of the file is "\Windows.old\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.cpp\v4.0\v140\Platforms\ARM64\PlatformToolsets". The corrupted index attribute is ":$I30:$INDEX_ALLOCATION". 2017-08-06 08:23:22 Error: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume C:. A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x3200000003cc5f. The name of the file is "\Windows.old\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp_11.19.820.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c\_Resources". The corrupted index attribute is ":$I30:$INDEX_ALLOCATION". 2017-08-06 08:23:22 Error: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume C:. A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x2300000003cc7d. The name of the file is "\Windows.old\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp_11.19.820.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c\SkypeApp\Assets". The corrupted index attribute is ":$I30:$INDEX_ALLOCATION". 2017-08-07 08:17:16 Warning: Volume C: (\Device\HarddiskVolume4) requires an Online Scan. An Online Scan will automatically run as part of the next scheduled maintenance task. Alternatively you may run "CHKDSK /SCAN" locally via the command line, or run "REPAIR-VOLUME <drive:> -SCAN" locally or remotely via PowerShell. 2017-08-09 23:45:49 Error: The shadow copies of volume C: were aborted because the shadow copy storage could not grow due to a user imposed limit.[/quote]
    Please check HDD:

Diagnostic Test
    HDD TESTS

Run HDTune to check health and scan for errors.

Note It may take some time, but look for signs of any errors or failure.

You can also run a disk or health check using chkdsk. Refer to the tutorial for details of how to do this.

Take Screenshots of it and post it here.

3)
    Repair Windows files system:

1. Open an elevated command prompt.
    2. In the elevated command prompt, type these five commands below, and press Enter:

dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    sfc /scannow
    chkdsk C: /F /R /X
    fsutil dirty set C:

SFC:
    The SFC command scans the integrity of all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
    DISM:
    If a Windows image becomes unserviceable, you can use the Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management (DISM) tool to update the files and correct the problem.
    For example, you would use sfc /scannow command is unable to repair corrupted or modified system files because the component store (source) is corrupted.
    CHKDSK:
    Checking your drives for errors every once in a while can help fix some performance issues. Drive errors can usually be caused by bad sectors, improper shutdowns, bad software, corruption, physical damage, etc...

4) The BIOS is also outdated:
    Code: BIOS_VERSION: A01 BIOS_DATE: 12/01/2011[/quote]
    Please update from here: Aurora R4 System BIOS Driver Details | Dell US

BSODHunter, Aug 23, 2017
  5. I just ordered a brand new hard drive and replaced it about 3 weeks ago so it shouldn't be that I hope.

I'm not home right this second but my brother said his computer froze solid so he forced it to shut down and when he tried to boot it back up you could hear everything turn on but the screen stayed black.

Could that be caused by the outdated bios?

What do you think would be the best thing to start with?

misspaperwait, Aug 23, 2017
  6. Oh also I had some slight issues with the windows install when I put in the new drive, the first time around it installed fine but I was in the process of trying to restore the windows OS using a full back up I had made and I had to go out, it stopped progressing at some point and my brother in his infinite wisdom forced the computer to shut down and when it came back up it said there was two windows 10 operating systems but of course only one worked.

Not sure if that could be a contributing factor or not but I thought I should mention it

7. Alright I've just been texted again and he said that it booted up with the overclocked message again, asks if he wants to reload default values and then freezes if he clicks yes

8. BSOD, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and ATTEMPTED_EXICUTE_OF_NONEXICUTE_MEM

Hmm this could be some sort of misconfiguration. Normally in such case, its really recommended to do an clean install of windows 10.

BSODHunter, Aug 23, 2017
  9. Do you think a clean install would fix it? If I do a clean install should I still attempt to update bios and all that?

10. okay so I attempted to do a clean install, I tossed the disc in and rebooted, managed to get to a screen that said dell and it just hangs there.

When you try to boot it up now it pops up as a black screen with a blinking dash in the left upper hand corner, trying to follow some steps to see if I can fix that now.

I did manage to get into the OS once, a screen came up and asked what version of windows I wanted to load and the system booted fine but as soon as I tried to go online it froze solid again and had to be forcefully shut down.

misspaperwait, Aug 24, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    zbook, Aug 24, 2017
  12. I do have a bootable windows 10 iso on disc but it froze solid when I tried to access it earlier.

right now when I boot it up I don't get a splash/bios screen at all, it goes straight to a black screen with a blinking dash in the upper left hand corner and just sits there

13. BSOD, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and ATTEMPTED_EXICUTE_OF_NONEXICUTE_MEM

It's an Alienware aurora r4, when I try to boot it on all the lights come on, the fans come on and makes a single quick beep like it does when it's working normally but it goes straight to that black screen with the flashing dash, no splash screen/bios or anything else just straight to that screen

14. zbook New Member
    Run Memtest86+ version 5.01 for 8 passes overnight and report the results.
    First post into the thread whether or not it boots to the bootable Memtest86+ flash drive.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

There is 8 GB of RAM.
    Memtest 86+ testing takes approximately 1 -2 hours /GB RAM
    For proper testing 8 or more passes is critical.
    Less than 8 passes has a significant number of false negatives.
    A false negative is a pass when there is malfunctioning RAM.

Testing the RAM will allow testing of RAM / DIMM /Motherboard

When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more runs use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture and post an image into the thread.

Microsoft Community

MemTest86+ - Test RAM Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials

There is 2 GB RAM on each of 4 DIMM.
    If there is just 1 error during Memtest86+ testing that is a fail.
    If there is a fail remove all RAM except 1 and test each RAM module for 8 or more passes in the same DIMM.
    If the RAM failed when tested together but failed when tested individually you should then test the RAM again in another DIMM to evaluate the DIMM /MB
    For each test use a camera ot smart phone camera to take a picture and post images into the thread.

zbook, Aug 24, 2017
  15. How am I supposed to run the test when I can't access anything? Like I said when I turn it on everything in the tower comes on but all that shows on the screen in a black screen with a flashing dash.

No logo/splash screen at all just straight to black with blinking dash

Thema:

BSOD, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and ATTEMPTED_EXICUTE_OF_NONEXICUTE_MEM

1. BSOD, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and ATTEMPTED_EXICUTE_OF_NONEXICUTE_MEM - Similar Threads - BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION ATTEMPTED_EXICUTE_OF_NONEXICUTE_MEM

2. BSOD System_Service_Exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD System_Service_Exception: I was away from my computer while it happened but when I returned I went into the event viewer and found the error code 0x0000003b with event ID 1001. I read the dump file to find that it has to do with "FLTMGR". I left the information under this. This isn't the first time...
  3. BSOD system_service_exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD system_service_exception: I have this BSOD twice in a week BSOD reports only "system_service_exception". No other info. No error code, no crashing module infos. MiniMemory dump, MSInfo32, Aida reports here...
  4. BSOD: System_Service_Exception

BSOD: System_Service_Exception: I recently replaced the CPU, Motherboard, and Ram on an Acer Aspire TC 780A tower. Every once in a while, usually under heavy workloads, I will recieve the "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" Blue Screen Error. I still have the same hard drive that was used for the windows install of...
  5. BSOD system_service_exception

BSOD system_service_exception: Hi My PC just went into BSOD and restart while I am playing a game. please help kknow the cause of this. Win10 installed few days ago. The dump file here: https://mega.nz/#!KOwzXY5b!F6Vws1V6s...tOEJ5fT-CtCUw8 146518
  6. BSOD, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hello, I am trying to help someone fix their computer. I have a little bit of knowledge regarding computers and windows. I am getting a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD every time I boot into windows. I am able to get into the login screen and go to safe mode by pressing shift...
  7. BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b)

BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b): Been getting this particular BSOD on a near constant basis when running high'ish memory dependent games. After a fair amount of trying to fix it up with sfc, driver verifier and removing near anything I can think of that caused the bug, based on similar stories I finally...
  8. Bsod system_service_exception

Bsod system_service_exception: Hello there, I have just installed Windows 10 and this is happening very often: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION After googling about this I came to this forum. I followed this instructions ( but I don't know where to look for help. This is the link for my dump files...
  9. BSOD System_Service_Exception Ks.sys

BSOD System_Service_Exception Ks.sys: Hello, I recently clean installed Windows 10. After reinstalling the drivers and software somewhere along the way my connection went down and wouldn't go back up. In the reboot process it froze, so I had to do a force shutdown. As soon as Windows 10 loaded I then received...
  10. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3b

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3b: I had a crash earlier where the screen turned black and my computer reset, but there was no BSOD so I dont have the report on that. The computer also blue screened while rebooting from the black screen crash, then later it blue screened again while I was playing World of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the corrupted index block is located at Vcn 0x3b Lcn