Windows 10: BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (fileinfo.sys) troubleshooting

Discus and support BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (fileinfo.sys) troubleshooting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good Morning/Afternoon, First thank you for even reading this. Right to the problem, I recently had to replace my motherboard as it wouldn't even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Renpanda, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Renpanda Win User

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (fileinfo.sys) troubleshooting

Good Morning/Afternoon,

First thank you for even reading this. Right to the problem, I recently had to replace my motherboard as it wouldn't even boot on correctly to BIOS. Everything went smoothly with few hiccups, I got it to turn on and go through the initial stuff just fine.

I formatted the HD and installed Windows 8.1 from the disk provided me by the company and upgraded to Windows 10. I did run Windows Memory Diagnostic on standard and it came back with no errros. I ran sfc /scannnow on admin and it keeps stopping at first saying that it couldn't fix the corrupt files found now it says it could not perform the requested operation.

I've formatted then installed different os's and there were just little different things here and there. I'm thinking my HD is kaput following the mobo but i'd just like to know for learning if it was drivers as some of the other threads say. Please help me troubleshoot this i'd like to know what's going on with it. Thank you for any insight!

Included is the minidump fresh after the latest BSOD and my computer details.

:)

Renpanda, Apr 16, 2016
  2. auggy Win User

BSOD's

There were three different BSODs.

There was a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) stop error that referenced the NETIO.SYS and the Drive Verifier may point to the Netwtw04.sys however the driver that may have actually caused the crash was the tmeevw.sys a Trend Micro driver.

The other two errors, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50) and SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e) referenced file system drivers such as the ntfs.sys and fileinfo.sys.

There were Trend Micro drivers "unloaded" during all the crashes and that may indicate an issue with Trend Micro.

You might contact Trend Micro to see if there is a known issue.

auggy, Apr 16, 2016
  3. How to delete Hauppauge drivers? (hcw88aud.sys and such) (causing BSODs)

I found an extra fileinfo.sys in a WinSxS folder beginning with amd and according to file.net spare fileinfo.sys files could be malware but I'm on the fence about deleting it.

Also, I thought this was common with every bsod everyone has but right before and during the bsod the speakers buzz in a way that it constantly repeats whatever sound was playing when it bsod'ed.

Robin Shekleton, Apr 16, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

5. Renpanda Win User
    Excuse me for that, I went ahead and uploaded the right files. Thank you for letting me know.

Renpanda, Apr 16, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Code: BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8007875f057, ffffd0005759dc50, 0} Probably caused by : fileinfo.sys ( fileinfo!FIStreamFillStreamInfo+17 ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] Initially we see one driver is flagged, Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.
    Code: ffffd000`57599040 fffff800`7ad10000Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rt640x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys rt640x64[/quote] Code: Image name: rt640x64.sys Timestamp: Tue May 05 21:51:03 2015 (5548EDEF)[/quote] Can you please go to GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3+ - GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 6.0)
    and install this one? Attachment 75256See how it goes. Let us know.

7. Renpanda Win User
    Initially we see one driver is flagged, Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.
    Code: ffffd000`57599040 fffff800`7ad10000Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rt640x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys rt640x64[/quote] Code: Image name: rt640x64.sys Timestamp: Tue May 05 21:51:03 2015 (5548EDEF)[/quote] Can you please go to GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3+ - GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 6.0)
    and install this one? Attachment 75256See how it goes. Let us know.[/quote] I did go to the gigabyte site and download and tried to install any and all of the drivers I could. Some were reported incompatible such as the bios and others were supposedly installed correctly such as the lan and audio drivers at the time of that report. The ones that weren't able to said something like cannot launch into failure or incompatible with this system.

Renpanda, Apr 16, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

The driver shown in the screenshot is compatible for your system and you need to try it. *Smile

9. Renpanda Win User
    Sorry about the lateness in reply something really funny happened. My computer didn't load up to windows (BIOS was fine)
    and after trying out different route's I finally was able to just have windows 8 installed.

So I did see my mistake at the first part rev. 6.0 duh... and unfortunately I couldn't try the fix you suggested. Let me try upgrading this Windows 8 to a 10 one more time and we'll go from there. Thank you again for looking at my problem!

Renpanda, Apr 17, 2016
  10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    OK ... no problem. *Smile

Thema:

1. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (fileinfo.sys) troubleshooting - Similar Threads - BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION fileinfo

2. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b BSOD Failure Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b BSOD Failure Troubleshooting: I have experienced 4 BSOD failures in the last 2 days on a fairly new desktop system only 3 months old. I do not recall any direct driver install lately but did have a Windows update just before the BSOD failures began literally the same reset which completed the update had...
  3. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b BSOD Failure Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b BSOD Failure Troubleshooting: I have experienced 4 BSOD failures in the last 2 days on a fairly new desktop system only 3 months old. I do not recall any direct driver install lately but did have a Windows update just before the BSOD failures began literally the same reset which completed the update had...
  4. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Troubleshooting: I've been having several BSOD's in the last days but can't find out what is causing them.I have tried updating and going back to older drivers but the problems seem to persist. Sometimes it takes several minutes to an hour to get a BSOD and sometimes there are multiple in a...
  5. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Troubleshooting: I've been having several BSOD's in the last days but can't find out what is causing them.I have tried updating and going back to older drivers but the problems seem to persist. Sometimes it takes several minutes to an hour to get a BSOD and sometimes there are multiple in a...
  6. Windows 10 BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b with igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b with igdkmd64.sys: Hi,I recently sometimes got BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b with igdkmd64.sys randomly.My computer is a 3 year old notebook. It is fine until recent month. I have no idea why this BSOD keep occurring. I also update the intel graphic driver. The frequency was reduced. But,...
  7. BSOD igdkmdnd64.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD igdkmdnd64.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Am having 1-2 times per week BSOD with same notice:Stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONWhat failed: igdkmdnd64.sysThis is a relatively new Inspiron 7506 2n1 w/ souped up specs talking to a Dell WD19TB Thunderbolt dock and a pair of Dell S2421HS 1920 x 1080 monitors via...
  8. BSOD (dxgmms2.sys) SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION every 10-20 min of Arma 2

BSOD (dxgmms2.sys) SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION every 10-20 min of Arma 2: Hi, Since 2 days I am continuously getting BSOD while playing Arma 2 every 10 - 20 minutes of gameplay. It started with latest Windows 10 update i think. I uninstalled the only 3 windows update components from Programs and Features but still BSOD wasn't resolved....
  9. System_Service_Exception(dxgmms2.sys)

System_Service_Exception(dxgmms2.sys): Hello there guys, this has been bugging from a while now. I have been pulling my hair out and cannot seem to find the defect. It happens when I play AC:Revelations and it happens randomly I think, even though I haven't tested it out on anything specific just thought you guys...
  10. BSOD while moving Laptop error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys

BSOD while moving Laptop error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys: Hello, I an having issues with the BSOD error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys when i move my laptop from the table onto my lap. I have recently upgraded to windows 10 to try to remedy the problem from Windows 7. My computer is about 4 years old and I use it for...