Windows 10: Bsod - sytem_thread_exception_not_handled

Discus and support Bsod - sytem_thread_exception_not_handled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I got the following BSOD today. Tends to happen when playing games and watching YouTube videos on another screen. See attached debug files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by brouhahaha, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Bsod - sytem_thread_exception_not_handled

Hello I got the following BSOD today. Tends to happen when playing games and watching YouTube videos on another screen.

See attached debug files.

:)

brouhahaha, Apr 4, 2017

2. Sytem_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled

I currently have Win7 on a laptop. I downloaded Win10 upgrade and began install. I got the following BSOD error Sytem_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled. It says we'll restart for you. It restarts over and over again. Not sure how to resolve this error as I
    cannot find any info on this that is not specific for Win10 upgrade. Any suggestions? Thanks

Brian OHearn, Apr 4, 2017
  3. Sytem_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled

Hello and thanks for the information. I was able to boot from the Windows 7 disc and things are back to Windows 7. Now I would like to reattempt to install Windows 10. When I click on the Windows 10 app it says that the download is complete. It says upgrade
    is available. When I click on "ok, let's continue" I get the spinning "Working on it" wheel that spins for about 30-40 seconds then the app shuts down. It does nothing else. Any suggestions? Thanks

Brian OHearn, Apr 4, 2017
  4. Bsod - sytem_thread_exception_not_handled

There are many different bugchecks in the dumpfiles.

The cause for different error codes are usually hardware and lower level problems.

U should begin with:

Update NVIDIA driver to the newest version. Please uninstall current driver via DDU:

Bsod - sytem_thread_exception_not_handled [​IMG]
    Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) is a small software that can help the user to uninstall the display driver from the users PC. It can uninstall the driver for all the lead display chip developers, viz. Nvidia, AMD and Intel.

After that u should do an check RAM:

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

BSODHunter, Apr 4, 2017
  5. Cheers, I will try those two things.

brouhahaha, Apr 4, 2017
  6. I ran memtest86 overnight for 8 passes, no errors. I did a clean graphics card driver DDU install. Will post if the issue crops up again. Thanks for the help.

brouhahaha, Apr 5, 2017
  7. Is there any news or did you fix the problem?

BSODHunter, May 8, 2017
  8. Bsod - sytem_thread_exception_not_handled

Hello, yes, had no issues since doing the DDU uninstaller cheers. Though I have not been playing video games that much recently. Thanks for the help, and consider the thread closed.

brouhahaha, May 8, 2017
  9. Glad to hear that your problem is now fixed. Let us know if there are any other problems.

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bsod - sytem_thread_exception_not_handled

1. Bsod - sytem_thread_exception_not_handled - Similar Threads - Bsod sytem_thread_exception_not_handled

2. Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset: Recently my laptop has been randomly freezing completely. There is no blue screen, the audio stops and the trackpad and keyboard stop working. I have only recently factory reset my device 2 weeks ago due to BSOD issues. I have checked the event viewer after the freezing,...
  3. Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset: Recently my laptop has been randomly freezing completely. There is no blue screen, the audio stops and the trackpad and keyboard stop working. I have only recently factory reset my device 2 weeks ago due to BSOD issues. I have checked the event viewer after the freezing,...
  4. Troubleshooting a Myriad of BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting a Myriad of BSODs: Below is a list of the various BSOD's that I've received over the past three weeks that I've been attempting to troubleshoot. I've looked most of them up on this and other forums and attempted a myriad of proposed solutions. Unfortunately I cannot replicate the BSODs; they...
  5. Troubleshooting a Myriad of BSODs

Troubleshooting a Myriad of BSODs: Below is a list of the various BSOD's that I've received over the past three weeks that I've been attempting to troubleshoot. I've looked most of them up on this and other forums and attempted a myriad of proposed solutions. Unfortunately I cannot replicate the BSODs; they...
  6. PC BSOD - Minidump file attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC BSOD - Minidump file attached: Hi to anyone that reads this. I've been blue screening daily. My friend came over to try to do something with windows without actually wiping the pc clean. We reset with files??? idk what that means. Anyway, today, I got a weird blue screen. First of it's kind. My audio...
  7. PC BSOD - Minidump file attached

PC BSOD - Minidump file attached: Hi to anyone that reads this. I've been blue screening daily. My friend came over to try to do something with windows without actually wiping the pc clean. We reset with files??? idk what that means. Anyway, today, I got a weird blue screen. First of it's kind. My audio...
  8. Multiple BSOD Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD Problems: Hi,I'm currently facing multiple BSODs from my computer. It got worst when I unplug the charger and work with just battery. Currently, these are the errors I noted down:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAIRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALCRITICAL_PROCESS_DIEDATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLYThe...
  9. Multiple BSOD Problems

Multiple BSOD Problems: Hi,I'm currently facing multiple BSODs from my computer. It got worst when I unplug the charger and work with just battery. Currently, these are the errors I noted down:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAIRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALCRITICAL_PROCESS_DIEDATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLYThe...
  10. Rdyboost bsod on startup?

Rdyboost bsod on startup?: Hi there!I've had troubles with my windows in recent times, as it can happen on startup that I incur in a bsod with "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" or "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION" errors.I've already checked all the drivers and updates on an interesting note, I've done a rollback on...