Windows 10: BSOD then reboot cannot find boot drive

Discus and support BSOD then reboot cannot find boot drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having a few problems with blue-screening. I cant replicate the actual event which causes the BSOD, but the real problem is after the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gilles, Aug 18, 2015.

1. gilles Win User

BSOD then reboot cannot find boot drive

I am having a few problems with blue-screening. I cant replicate the actual event which causes the BSOD, but
    the real problem is after the computer tries to automatically reboot. Here it falls down as it cannot find the boot drive and I get stuck in a boot loop.

If I turn the laptop off using the power button and then turn it on again it boots straight up.

I'm on a dell latitude e6420. If you need any other information please let me as I'm keen to sort this out.

EDIT: I've uploaded the zipfile now.

:)

gilles, Aug 18, 2015

2. Windows 10 Update Blue Screen Of Death

Thank you very much for your quick response. I cannot access the dump files through Windows because the system fails to boot. I cannot boot from the safe mode either. The system shows the same BSOD during the installation process. After the installer is
    done copying the necessary files and reboots to complete the installation the BSOD appears. I've tried to check if it was a hardware failure by inserting the ram and hard drive from another laptop. I was able to install Linux system to check the dump files
    but there is no minidump folder in windows folder. Is there a way to access the dump files using Linux?

StanislavPastushenko, Aug 18, 2015
  3. grimmlet Win User
    Windows 10 stuck in bsod reboot loop

I created a Windows 10 installation on my USB drive; I changed the boot order to boot from that and it did nothing but sit at a black screen with the cursor prompt flashing.

The only disc I have for Windows 7 is an upgrade disc; when I boot from that, it goes through the process of loading windows but then I get a BSOD with an error I cannot recall at this time.

I am attempting to let my PC cycle through the BSOD reboots, as a co-worker of mine told me that worked for him. I will reply if it works when I get home.

grimmlet, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Boozad, Aug 19, 2015
  5. gilles Win User
    I'll have a go at sorting that now. I assume I'll have to wait to get BSOD before I can post a dump though?

gilles, Aug 20, 2015
  6. gilles Win User
    Uploaded the new dump now. Help is much appreciated, thanks.

gilles, Aug 25, 2015
  7. Boozad Win User
    The first driver I can see is the FTDI USB to serial adapter driver. I'm not too sure what it's for but it's very old and either needs updating from here or removing.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ftdibus.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ftdibus.sys 0: kd> lmvm ftdibus start end module name fffff801`6e9c0000 fffff801`6e9cf780 ftdibus T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: ftdibus.sys Image path: ftdibus.sys Image name: ftdibus.sys Timestamp: Thu Mar 13 13:50:55 2008 (47D9313F) CheckSum: 000125E3 ImageSize: 0000F780 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]
    Also check the Dell support page for your machine for an update to your nVidia driver.

Code: ffffd001`86144d40 fffff801`6f3aa558Unable to load image nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x71a558 0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm start end module name fffff801`6ec90000 fffff801`6f778000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Thu Jul 23 01:15:19 2015 (55B03217) CheckSum: 00AAF49B ImageSize: 00AE8000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

Boozad, Aug 25, 2015
  8. gilles Win User

The problem preceded the installation of that particular driver so it looks more likely that its the graphics driver. Ill remove the other one as well. Thanks.

gilles, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD then reboot cannot find boot drive - Similar Threads - BSOD reboot cannot

2. Cannot find network drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find network drives: I have a PC which I have set up as an at home media server. That PC is discoverable by my TVs, phones, and tablets.There are 2 other PCs in my home. One is able to see the server, and all other connected devices, but one is not able to see anything on the network yet is still...
  3. Cannot find network drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find network drives: I have a PC which I have set up as an at home media server. That PC is discoverable by my TVs, phones, and tablets.There are 2 other PCs in my home. One is able to see the server, and all other connected devices, but one is not able to see anything on the network yet is still...
  4. D Drive cannot find

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D Drive cannot find: Hi, The D drive of my laptop suddenly disappear. I am wondering how to fix it. It is shown as below in the device manager for the hard disk drive. Thanks. This device cannot start. Code 10 {Access Denied} A process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted...
  5. Cannot find SD drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find SD drive: I cannot see a drive in file explorer nor my SD drive in device manager nor in disk management. Any ideas? I can use the same SD cards in other computers. I am using windows 10 on a laptop by Asus. Thanks...
  6. My PC cannot find my boot drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC cannot find my boot drive: Today I did some work to my computer inside my case. I have 4 harddrives currently and wanted to remove one i was no longer using. after removing the drive and doing some wire management i booted up and my computer can no longer find my boot drive yet the drive is still on...
  7. Cannot find boot drive after being forced to update Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot find boot drive after being forced to update Windows: I got a message that an update was required as support for my version of Windows 10 was not support as it was a version before April of 2018. However, after the update completed and the PC attempted a restart, I get an error that a boot drive is required and it will not load...
  8. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, cannot reboot afterwards, boots into BSOD with no error codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, cannot reboot afterwards, boots into BSOD with no error codes: Hi, While playing a game for about an hour, I got a BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. after rebooting, everything worked fine for about 15 minutes, So I started up the game again, after about 20 minutes, another BSOD, this time it said something about Kernel (I don't remember,...
  9. BSOD - Critical_Process_Died - Boot drive missing on reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Critical_Process_Died - Boot drive missing on reboot: Hello! I've been having issues with a Critical_Process_Died BSOD for several weeks now and have already spent quite a bit of time troubleshooting it, to no avail. The start of my problems did not coincide with any major hardware or software changes. At first, I would only...
  10. Cannot find boot drive and at same time USB drives are not readable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot find boot drive and at same time USB drives are not readable: Here's my issue: My Win10Pro machine crashed a few times. The issue was could not find the boot disk. Changed disk, same problem. Bought a new computer (ASUS, 1TB hd). It runs OK. Attached to my (old) computer were 2 1TB USB drives. I used the USB drives to store my data....