Windows 10: BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error

Discus and support BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I've a problem when playing games or attempting to update my processor, at the moment when I try to update to amd Catalyst Software Suite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JollyDave, Sep 28, 2015.

1. JollyDave Win User

BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error

Hi there,

I've a problem when playing games or attempting to update my processor, at the moment when I try to update to amd Catalyst Software Suite 15.7.1 I get the BSOD in the title. I've run sfc/scannow multiple times and it's showed no errors and also Dism /Online / Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth that I've seen in another thread and thats come up clean as well. I've updated my bios and ssd boot drive to the latest update and reset Windows 10 but still I've this problem. I've attached the debug files as required.

Any ideas on what's causing this?

Many Thanks.

:)

JollyDave, Sep 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 Issue with AMD Radeon HD 7970m, possible failed GPU?

I´m having a similar problem with my ATI 7970M.

The only diference is that on the BSOD I received the message "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER"

LeandroPeixoto, Sep 28, 2015
  3. BSOD

Hello, i have been getting the BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER and cannot find a solution, here are my dmp files and system info:

msInfo + DMP.zip

ChristopherPenner, Sep 28, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi JollyDave,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Your AMD APU video drivers are the cause of the crashes.
    Please uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from here

Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys 0: kd> lmvm atikmdag start end module name fffff800`3e780000 fffff800`3fc8a000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Tue Aug 04 05:28:52 2015 (55C03174) CheckSum: 014ADEC6 ImageSize: 0150A000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. JollyDave Win User
    Well I managed to use the uninstaller and successfully install the newest amd driver, thats the good news. Bad news is when I started Outlast as a test, as I reached the main menu it gave me the same error instantly. I attached the debug below.

JollyDave, Sep 28, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please remove Kaspersky using the uninstall instructions

Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for kl1.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for kl1.sys 3: kd> lmvm kl1 start end module name fffff801`2dfb0000 fffff801`2e712000 kl1 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: kl1.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\kl1.sys Image name: kl1.sys Timestamp: Thu Jun 18 20:58:13 2015 (558314C5) CheckSum: 00079E85 ImageSize: 00762000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

7. JollyDave Win User
    Ok it's working fine now for the moment, played the first cutscene in outlast just fine and a little bit onwards. Should I reinstall Kaspersky or not?

JollyDave, Sep 28, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

You could try yes.
    Possibly was that driver corrupted somehow.

9. JollyDave Win User
    Reinstalled Kaspersky with a new download file from them, ran outlast and got a little bit further then the same error occured, so I uninstalled it completly tried outlast again, got to the same point and boom same error again. Scemes windows 10 really hates amd.

JollyDave, Sep 28, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Please make sure your APU is clean of dust.
    The drivers have been flagged.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys[/quote]

11. JollyDave Win User
    It's a APU so I don't have a separate gpu card. Really appreciate your help btw, I'd be lost on my own

*edit

Going to install the lastest amd beta driver for my APU, see if that'll work

JollyDave, Sep 29, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    That explains a few things, thanks for mentioning it *Smile

13. JollyDave Win User

Beta driver didn't work, just freezes mid cutscene forcing me to reset

JollyDave, Sep 29, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    Please not the temperatures when idle and under load.

BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error [​IMG]
    Diagnostic test
    GPU TEST

Run Furmark tutorial

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high

15. JollyDave Win User
    Cpu temp idle 48.5 - under load 66
    Gpu temp idle 6- under load 17

Furmark did crash after 5 minutes first time then 3:25 second time and third time just stopped responding about 5 minutes in

JollyDave, Sep 29, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error - Similar Threads - BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error

2. BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER: Lately, I have been getting the Thread Stuck in Device Driver BSOD error when I try to play games or watch videos on my PC. It will never happen when I am using things like zoom or a web browser that is not playing videos. I have tried everything to fix this including...
  3. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD: Well, Since I got this PC last year i had the same BSOD over and over again, there was a time i fixed it temporarily* but instead of BSOD I got freezes - while playing games, watching or even just opening Google Chrome ended up making my PC Freeze/BSOD. After a while i'm...
  4. Iconsistent THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD

Iconsistent THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD: The Problem: I have an Acer Aspire A515-41G-13U1 an awful laptop that I bought a little over a year ago. It's always had problems with blue screens from removing the charger cable to just playing a game and I have never managed to solve them, not even after sending it to...
  5. Bsod - thread_stuck_in_device_driver

Bsod - thread_stuck_in_device_driver: It's been a while since I've posted to the forums, where fortunately I haven't had issues with my old build. Unfortunately, on this Ryzen 5 build (Windows 10, Version 1909, OS Build 18363.752), we've been getting a lot of Windows 10 freezing, along with too many too count...
  6. Frequent BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

Frequent BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER: More details in the zip, but here's the summary of the situation. I bought this Asus TUF FX505DT gaming laptop about 2 weeks ago and ever since then I experienced frequent BSOD mainly THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER. My previous laptop intel + nvidia pair never had BSOD like...
  7. Thread_stuck_in_device_driver bsod

Thread_stuck_in_device_driver bsod: Hi. I got this THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD and it happens at least twice a month. I ran the BlueScreenView application and it shows: [img] Dump file is also attached. I'm running not the latest AMD drivers for a reason. The latest drivers remove support from AMD...
  8. BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER 0x100000ea

BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER 0x100000ea: I was away from the pc having dinner came back and noticed pc had rebooted itself before i left the pc to have dinner I had edge browser open with a few tabs running and toview app running for the tv I believe I had a update installed Security Update for Adobe Flash Player...
  9. BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER, error 0x100000ea (Graphics card?)

BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER, error 0x100000ea (Graphics card?): Attachment 30761 Attachment 30762 Hey, So i was just browsing facebook and clicked on a link and the computer froze up and the screen blanked out. There was no display after a split second but I had to manually restart the computer. I presumed it was a BSOD and checked...
  10. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD error when browsing, and playing

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD error when browsing, and playing: Yet again, I'm here with a problem. Not the same that I got when I had avast! antivirus. Today I just uninstalled avast! antivirus, because it made the computer get THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER problems. Until now it was disabled. But when I uninstalled AVAST it just started...