Windows 10: BSOD Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver, mostly when gaming/updating games

Discus and support BSOD Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver, mostly when gaming/updating games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; All righty, so I've been getting this particular BSOD for maybe a month now. The first day I got it several times in a row, though recently it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnonyNoob, Sep 20, 2016.

1. AnonyNoob Win User

BSOD Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver, mostly when gaming/updating games

All righty, so I've been getting this particular BSOD for maybe a month now. The first day I got it several times in a row, though recently it's changed to roughly once a week. Regardless I'd like to get rid of it.

A few things that I've noticed:
    1: If I'm not gaming, it doesn't happen. Whether this is a symptom or coincidental I can't decide, but I'm leaning towards the former.
    2: In particular, it likes to happen when a game (If it makes any difference, I mostly play League of Legends, Overwatch, and various Steam games) is in the middle of updating.
    3: Most places recommended I update my video driver. I've attempted this twice now (Once in safe mode) and while it seemed to make the BSOD happen less often, it does still happen.

The program provided in the sticky gave me some trouble creating the zip, but I think I found a way around it. Let me know if this isn't what you guys need.

:)

AnonyNoob, Sep 20, 2016

2. Game Mode and Game Bar cause BSOD

Hello,

I am running on an AMD A10 PRO-7350B with R6 integrated graphics. Whenever I launch a game with Game Mode enabled or try to open the Game Bar, I more frequently than not get a THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD. I've already clean installed the graphics
    driver numerous times. Any ideas?

Awesome1pc2, Sep 20, 2016
  3. BSOD while gaming

I haven't noticed any changes and this is not the first occurence. I've experienced this screen numerous times and it happens mostly when I play this game but my system meets the requirements for this game. I have not played any other games to see if BSOD
    occurs.

SheerFantasy, Sep 20, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

*Arrow AMD Graphics Drivers - Install Without Catalyst Install Manager - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Attachment 102810
    Code: 3: kd> lmvm atikmdag Browse full module list start end module name fffff803`32f10000 fffff803`348ac000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Mon Jul 18 23:41:41 2016 (578D4D15) CheckSum: 01989001 ImageSize: 0199C000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. AnonyNoob Win User
    Axe0,

I followed your steps to the letter, and while it seemed to work for a while, I got bluescreened again only minutes ago!

The info gathering tool seemed more cooperative this time, on the plus, so here's the latest dump file.

AnonyNoob, Oct 5, 2016
  6. AnonyNoob Win User
    Back again. Same issue as before, but suddenly on a much more regular basis.

Latest dump files here.

AnonyNoob, Nov 7, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Please check in C:\Windows\Minidump if there are files present, if so zip them and upload the zip.To zip them, copy them to your desktop, best/easiest IMO would be using command prompt
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Enter following command
    • Code: copy C:\Windows\Minidump\*.dmp "%userprofile%\desktop"[/quote]

axe0, Nov 8, 2016
  8. AnonyNoob Win User

Hello again Axe0, thanks for the response.

A few techie friends of mine recommended updating my BIOS, so I did that after the most recent bluescreen (and had maybe three heart attacks in the process thinking I bricked my computer). Hopefully that might put an end to this.

If it doesn't, the latest dump should be attached here. (Computer likes fighting with my about admin privileges on dump files for some reason, but I think I made it cooperate.)

AnonyNoob, Nov 9, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Unfortunately the zip is empty.

axe0, Nov 9, 2016
  10. AnonyNoob Win User
    Oh geez. Well I'll just keep fighting with it and in the meantime hope the BIOS update solved it. Appreciate your time regardless.

AnonyNoob, Nov 10, 2016
  11. AnonyNoob Win User
    Back again. BIOS update unfortunately didn't fix it. Tried updating the drivers again with no luck.

I'm no expert, but I suspect there might be something left over from DriverEasy hiding out that could cause it? If so what would be a way to search for that and if there is one, get rid of it, aside from a restore point? Meaning something DDU might not pick up, if that's a thing.

One thing to note is I tried AMD's autodetect tool, and at first it essentially told me it didn't have any drivers matching my GPU (Which it did recognize), which is...Concerning. With the current drivers though it's telling me that I'm up to date, instead.

Also think I finally managed to make the dump files and associated program cooperate. Zip should be attached.

Thanks again for your efforts! I know I've probably become a hassle at this point, ahah.

AnonyNoob, Nov 15, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    - If a system restore point has been used prior the installation, then there is nothing present of DriverEasy.
    - If you uninstalled DriverEasy, but DriverEasy didn't provide in an option to revert back the driver installations (through it's own program or while uninstalling) then the drivers are still present. Possibly some files and registry stuff are also still present.
    - If you uninstalled DriverEasy and did revert back the driver installations then there are possibly only some files and registry stuff left behind.

A system backup prior the installation of the drivers or a clean installation of Windows.
    With any other method you may risk that some drivers installed by DriverEasy may be not reverted back, that is if any log about driver installation is not deleted (if created at all). If any log for the driver installation is created then you can check on the DriverEasy forum if anyone mentions the location of the log.

DDU only takes care of the display drivers, no other drivers are included.

13. AnonyNoob Win User

At this point I think a clean installation would probably be the better option, but I'd like to keep most of my files if possible. Would the "Reset this PC" built into Windows 10 be sufficient for that, or do you think I'd be better off following this? This assuming said methods would remove my drivers or not, which I'm unsure of.

AnonyNoob, Nov 15, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    You should save files you don't want to loose to an extern HDD, disconnect the HDD's and then clean install.

15. AnonyNoob Win User
    So I did a clean install and it bluescreened again today...I just want to make sure I'm actually getting the right driver for my GPU (AMD A10-7860k, R7 Radeon graphics), it's the one one this page right? Desktop APU Drivers

Dump files should be linked.

Is it also possible that defective hardware would cause this? Because at this point the only things I could think of personally is either I'm downloading the wrong driver or it's a hardware issue... :/

AnonyNoob, Nov 19, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver, mostly when gaming/updating games - Similar Threads - BSOD Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver mostly

2. BSOD / Game crashes when loading or playing most games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD / Game crashes when loading or playing most games: As read above the PC crashes almost everytime I try to launch or just start playing a game msot specififcally Rainbow six seige, I have tried using the driver verifier to but it put the system into a constant loop of bsods on startup, i get some dump files but most seem to...
  3. BSOD / Game crashes when loading or playing most games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD / Game crashes when loading or playing most games: As read above the PC crashes almost everytime I try to launch or just start playing a game msot specififcally Rainbow six seige, I have tried using the driver verifier to but it put the system into a constant loop of bsods on startup, i get some dump files but most seem to...
  4. Frequent BSOD, mostly when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD, mostly when gaming: Hi, I'm getting frequent BSOD lately and have done 2 fresh installs of Win 10, but both times it only helped for short while. BSOD normally occurs during gaming, but has happened also just while browsing. Have updated all possible drivers and not sure what's the root...
  5. BSOD Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver when playing games with Ryzen 4800U

BSOD Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver when playing games with Ryzen 4800U: Hello! I'm posting here as I have been battling with my new laptop for a month now without success. My current configuration is: Lenovo IdeaPad 5-15ARE05 CPU: Ryzen 7 4800U GPU: Integrated Vega Graphics RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz Hynix dual channel SSD: 512GB NVMe TLC Samsung...
  6. Bsod - thread_stuck_in_device_driver

Bsod - thread_stuck_in_device_driver: It's been a while since I've posted to the forums, where fortunately I haven't had issues with my old build. Unfortunately, on this Ryzen 5 build (Windows 10, Version 1909, OS Build 18363.752), we've been getting a lot of Windows 10 freezing, along with too many too count...
  7. BSOD every few days any game THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER 0x000000ea

BSOD every few days any game THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER 0x000000ea: Recently i have changed ram and graphic card, before that no issue at all I have uploaded more information, any help will be great 130854
  8. BSOD for most intensive games

BSOD for most intensive games: The error code for the BSOD on Windows 10 changes. It is almost never the same each time it comes up. Games like Hitman: Absolution, LoL, and CSGO often make my computer crash in the middle of the game and lead to a BSOD. I've gotten things from codes involving memory, to...
  9. BSOD Mostly During Gaming

BSOD Mostly During Gaming: I'm totally clueless on why my computer is BSOD-ing while I'm playing Dota 2, Overwatch, and just now with watching the TenForum video on the Posting Instructions(lol *cry). I've tried to lurk, try to fix it myself and see what I can find through the dumps and try to...
  10. BSOD when startin most games

BSOD when startin most games: Hello. I am having the unfotunate problem, where i am getting a BSOD when i try to start most of my games. I have included the Debug info, I hope that some one is able to help Anders 18739

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whenever i start a game i get bsod of thread stuck in device driver