Windows 10: BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_TRAP)

Discus and support BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_TRAP) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I get on league of legends or any thing that uses graphics, I get the BSOD UNEXEPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. This is extremely annoying and also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Buckeyedrew526, Aug 23, 2016.

1. BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_TRAP)

Every time I get on league of legends or any thing that uses graphics, I get the BSOD UNEXEPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. This is extremely annoying and also happens when I watch YouTube videos. This is a brand new computer I built myself and didn't have any problems until I downloaded drivers. I know it's a driver problem. I've ran driver verifier and I know it's supposed to crash when it runs into a bad driver, but it never does. I'd really like some help. I've done research but since I'm kinda new at computers, I don't know how to just clear all my drivers and start from scratch. I've tried system restore points but the same thing happens. I've also just tried a clean installation but that also didn't work. I can put my specs if they're needed. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!
    Drew

:)

Buckeyedrew526, Aug 23, 2016

2. BSOD - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Also, the most recent BSOD displayed a new error message: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

CWilliamson31, Aug 23, 2016
  3. BSOD: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

I keep getting this blue screen at random times(sometimes multiple times a day), and I sincerely have no idea what to do with it. I have run memcheck and dskchk and got no errors.

I have seen some posts saying it might be some driver, but I'd like some help.

Here is the dump file.

Fernando Sabalete, Aug 23, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_TRAP)

How to upload files

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_TRAP) [​IMG]

5. Will do! I am currently in class and as soon as i get home around 12 pm EST, I will send you the specs.

6. axe0 New Member
    Make sure that you upload the zip in a new post, editing a post won't notify whereas a new post does.

7. My system specs have been updated and are at the bottom of the post.

Some of the items I have tossed the boxes out so I don't know the exact name (e.x. my keyboard).

8. axe0 New Member

Don't worry, I can find many things in the files but not stuff like cooling, PSU, case, etc.

9. Like I said, I tried just restoring it because I thought some of the drivers get uninstalled when you restore. But I kept getting the same error. I looked it up and it said it's either a bad driver or a bad harddrive. I'm really hoping it's not a bad harddrive when I had just built this computer about a month ago.

10. axe0 New Member
    What sites did you look?

Can't create a zip? Unbootable system?
    I cannot help without at least a dump. The 0x7F has many different causes, a bad driver or bad hard drive are not the only onces.
    There is also
    • bad motherboard,
    • anti-virus,
    • overclocking failure,
    • problematic hardware installation (faulty or mismatched),
    • 3rd party firewall,
    • BIOS,
    • cards improperly seated,
    • incompatible storage devices,
    • backup utility.

Note These are almost all usual causes, but it is possible that the cause is not a usual cause.

11. It was a forum kinda like this. It was just the first place I found. But I found you helping someone with the same problem and was hoping if you could help me too. I'm not an expert at computers so you'll have to lead me through on how to check all of my stuff to make sure it's working correctly. The thing is this never happened until I downloaded new drivers. That's why I assumed it was a bad driver.

12. axe0 New Member
    A start would be providing me the required information, see post #2

13. BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_TRAP)

The system specs should be filled in under the original post.

14. Again some of the items have no boxes so the only way for me to check what they are is to take apart the case and open it up.

15. axe0 New Member
Thema:

1. BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_TRAP) - Similar Threads - BSOD Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_TRAP

2. BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f: Hi, I had a bluescreen with the error UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP win32kbase.sysI tried to read the Dump, but i dont fount the issue, if is a HW issue or a application wo cause this.Here you can findt the Dump of the BSOD: LUZ-EM-G3331PC1_MEMORY.DMPI Hope you can help me to...
  3. BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f: Hi, I had a bluescreen with the error UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP win32kbase.sysI tried to read the Dump, but i dont fount the issue, if is a HW issue or a application wo cause this.Here you can findt the Dump of the BSOD: LUZ-EM-G3331PC1_MEMORY.DMPI Hope you can help me to...
  4. Windows 11 WinForms BSOD kernel crash - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 WinForms BSOD kernel crash - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP: In 2017 I had described an issue in Windows 10 where "the kernel started crashing with BSOD very consistently after performing certain UI actions in our Eclipse SWT desktop application". This issue was fixed in KB4022716 which "Addressed issue Error 0x7F with Windows Forms...
  5. Windows 11 WinForms BSOD kernel crash - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Windows 11 WinForms BSOD kernel crash - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP: In 2017 I had described an issue in Windows 10 where "the kernel started crashing with BSOD very consistently after performing certain UI actions in our Eclipse SWT desktop application". This issue was fixed in KB4022716 which "Addressed issue Error 0x7F with Windows Forms...
  6. BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f Need Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f Need Help: Hi,I have this error daily. Thanks for help.Dump File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LRJVvi3j5NGm8rlpSCQgwzPh-LSEqWxn/view?usp=sharingChris https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-unexpectedkernelmodetrap-7f-need-help/406763e6-6458-48d3-aa3e-7a8d6a4239b7
  7. BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f Need Help

BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f Need Help: Hi,I have this error daily. Thanks for help.Dump File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LRJVvi3j5NGm8rlpSCQgwzPh-LSEqWxn/view?usp=sharingChris https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-unexpectedkernelmodetrap-7f-need-help/406763e6-6458-48d3-aa3e-7a8d6a4239b7
  8. BSOD - unexpected_kernel_mode_trap - at wit's end

BSOD - unexpected_kernel_mode_trap - at wit's end: Over the past three weeks, my husband and I have both been crashing non-stop when gaming. Doesn't matter what game. Seems to operate better when the machine hasn't been on a long time.We bought identical machines from the same company in 2019, but within the last year, we've...
  9. BSOD - unexpected_kernel_mode_trap - at wit's end

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - unexpected_kernel_mode_trap - at wit's end: Over the past three weeks, my husband and I have both been crashing non-stop when gaming. Doesn't matter what game. Seems to operate better when the machine hasn't been on a long time.We bought identical machines from the same company in 2019, but within the last year, we've...
  10. Can someone help me with this BSOD? It says "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP" and it says it's...

Can someone help me with this BSOD? It says "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP" and it says it's...: So my computer's been bluescreening for the past few days, and it always seems to say "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP". I wanted to pinpoint the exact location so I looked at BlueScreenView and it said "ntoskrnl.exe" was the cause. Can someone help me find the exact root of the...