Windows 10: BSOD Unmountable_Boot_Volume Lenovo Y510P

Discus and support BSOD Unmountable_Boot_Volume Lenovo Y510P in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi folks I'm new to the forums to please excuse me. I'm currently posting from my phone so when my laptop comes on I'll attach the debug file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by XxLevyxX, Dec 1, 2015.

1. XxLevyxX Win User

BSOD Unmountable_Boot_Volume Lenovo Y510P

Hi folks I'm new to the forums to please excuse me. I'm currently posting from my phone so when my laptop comes on I'll attach the debug file.

Basically I set my laptop to sleep instead of shutting it down and when I went back to resume my work (about 20 hours later) it was running very slow.

I was searching for my 'Calculator' but made a typo so I tried backspacing the letter but nothing happened. Chrome (which I had opened at the time) was unresponsive and so was my taskbar.

I waited a while to see if anything would happen but nothing did so I forced shut down.

I left it off for almost a half hour and when I put it on I got that error 'Unmountable_Boot_Volume' and it needed to restart and so it did but then the error came up again this time it did an automatic repair which lasted a few seconds then it was diagnosing which lasted a few seconds and then I got the following message:

Automatic Repair
    Your PC did not start correctly.
    Press restart to restart your PC which might sometimes fix the problem. You can also press Advance options to try other options to repair your PC.

I clicked restart and it did.. I got a black screen for a minute or two but I got to log in. But once again everything was moving slow so as the start menu seemed to be working I shut down the laptop. (It's currently off)

Can anyone assist me with this problem?
    It would be really good if I can actually find out what's really wrong with my laptop.
    Thanks.

P.S. See attachment

:)

XxLevyxX, Dec 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgraded, now I can't connect to my wifi.

If it helps, I have a Lenovo y510p ideapad.

MollieCholette, Dec 1, 2015
  3. LENOVO Y510p Post Windows 10 upgrade issues with NVIDIA GeForce GT755m Graphic Card

I've updated my Lenovo Y510P to Windows 10. My computer abruptly crashed with a boot configuration data file missing error, resulting in a complete reset of the compute and reverting back to Windows 8.1. I've since found out that Lenovo will not support
    windows 10 drivers for the Y510P

DonnaMarquis, Dec 1, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

For this crash, I suggest you follow the tutorial below for troubleshooting.
    If you have any question, please ask them.
    Troubleshooting stop 0x7B and stop 0xED. - Windows 7 Help Forums

axe0, Dec 1, 2015
  5. XxLevyxX Win User
    Thanks for the response, I never interfered with my startup so I'm currently going through what I should disable because I don't want to blindly disable something important.

As for the troubleshooting tutorial I briefly looked through it, did not do anything as yet. When I do I'll post the results of it.

Regards,

XxLevyxX, Dec 2, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    For the startup, you don't need anything else then the protection software active, unless some are given problems (extreme rare)
    That is how I have setup my startup, only protection and the stuff that sometimes gives trouble if I don't enable it at startup even, though it shouldn't give trouble.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Unmountable_Boot_Volume Lenovo Y510P - Similar Threads - BSOD Unmountable_Boot_Volume Lenovo

2. BSOD: Unmountable_Boot_Volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: Unmountable_Boot_Volume: Hi, Im unable to login to my laptop.It appears as BSOD and mentioning 'Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you.'But it keeps restarting and return to the same page.Stop code: Unmountable_Boot_VolumeI tried to start the Windows via safe mode...
  3. BSOD: Unmountable_Boot_Volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: Unmountable_Boot_Volume: Hi, Im unable to login to my laptop.It appears as BSOD and mentioning 'Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you.'But it keeps restarting and return to the same page.Stop code: Unmountable_Boot_VolumeI tried to start the Windows via safe mode...
  4. BSOD UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME: Hello My name is NicholasI ran into a problem yesterday October 9th at night and I was trying to download a Incredible Hulk game on my moms laptop it made me disable all the security and even the firewall I followed the steps to try and download it but I couldnt so I deleted...
  5. BSOD UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME: Hello My name is NicholasI ran into a problem yesterday October 9th at night and I was trying to download a Incredible Hulk game on my moms laptop it made me disable all the security and even the firewall I followed the steps to try and download it but I couldnt so I deleted...
  6. BSOD UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME BSOD: I recently built a PC and I have this problem. Once every week/two weeks when I boot my PC I get this BSOD. The PC then reboots automatically and gets into Windows. Should I worry? submitted by /u/xDevi69 [link] [comments]...
  8. Help needed on Random shutdowns and bsod - Lenovo y510p Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help needed on Random shutdowns and bsod - Lenovo y510p Laptop: Hi all, I am having some strange random shutdowns and sometimes bsod errors after which the system fails to reboot and I have to force boot the laptop. I have a Lenovo Y510p running Core i7 4700MQ and Gt750M gpu with 16GB ram. Here is the summary of the error after one...
  9. Audio driver for Lenovo Y510P

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio driver for Lenovo Y510P: Hello. I have Lenovo Y510P and upgraded to W10 64bit. It has no sounds and has an red X where the icon is. I hear that my laptop isnt W10 compatible but there must be someone out there using it on W10. What driver can I use?? I have tried the driver for 8 and 8.1 but it...
  10. HDD to SSD Lenovo Y510P

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD to SSD Lenovo Y510P: Hello, I want to change my HDD to a SSD. My Y510P is on Windows 10 and has a small 24gb SSD already. If I want to clone my HDD to my brand new Samsung Evo 850 500gb SSD it's not working, because there are Windows files in my small 24gb SSD. In Disk Management it...