Windows 10: BSOD Unwanted Store Exception 1 day after Clean Install

Discus and support BSOD Unwanted Store Exception 1 day after Clean Install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello to all. I have a Dell Latitude E6410 which is an i5 processor with 4.00 GB ram and which is an NVIDIA NVS 3100M It's a little bit old -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nbalive2005, Jul 14, 2017.

1. BSOD Unwanted Store Exception 1 day after Clean Install

Hello to all.

I have a Dell Latitude E6410 which is an i5 processor with 4.00 GB ram and which is an NVIDIA NVS 3100M

It's a little bit old - around 2 years. 2-3 weeks ago I had some BSOD problems, it started as one "Unwanted Store Exception". After that crash I was still able to use it for a few days but the next crash was a Critical Process Died BSOD and after that crash i was never able to boot up my computer in regular mode again so I troubleshooted from safe mode.

In safe mode with networking, I ran TDSSkiller and Rkill with no threats detected. I then tried Malwarebytes and the scans would never finish as it would be interrupted and automatically restart into the normal mode and go to the perpetual critical process BSOD.

I tried to restore it from safe mode however all my attempts lead to failure. In fact, every time I would click restore on my windows settings, the window would just automatically close.

So I finally decided to do a clean install using rufus.

The only problem during the reinstallation was that it got stuck in "getting ready" so I reinstalled again and this time it worked but on my first booting up, it asked me which windows to run, giving me identical choices (volume 2 or something like that i think)

: After Clean Installl :

Everything was working great on the day of the clean install and the next day until I put down the cover of my laptop for 30 minutes. When I came back, I saw the dreaded BSOD Unwanted Store Exception again so i'm panicking that it will eventually revert back to the critical process

And here I thought that a fresh install would mean that I wouldn't have problems for at least a year.

Side notes:

1.) Does this mean that there's a hardware problem because a fresh windows problem apparently didn't fix the problem?
    2.) I'm using Avast! Free Antivirus but I haven't yet uninstalled Windows Defender (do i have to?)
    3.) Before the cleaninstall i already did all the command prompt things like sfc scannow and diskhealth things, with no results.

Thank you all for your help

:)

nbalive2005, Jul 14, 2017
  2. amacati Win User

BSOD and repeatedly deadlocks on Windows 10 - ntoskrnl.exe

I did a complete clean install of Windows 10 and got a BSOD 1 day after. Does this narrow down the problem to a hardware related one?

amacati, Jul 14, 2017
  3. kyho96 Win User
    Windows 10 boot loop

It starts to have bootloop one day so I tried re-formatting the computer but it seems to get bsod when the dots start spinning. So I wipe clean the SSD using another computer hoping to make a fresh install
    but the problem still persist. Everytime I got a BSOD, the stop code is different. Here are the list of stop codes I received everytime i got a BSOD

-memory management

-system thread exception not handled

-kmode exception not handled-attempted execute of noexecute memory

-page fault in nonpaged area windows 10

-kernel auto boost lock acquisition with raised irql

-system service exception

-unexpected store exception

-kernel security check failure

kyho96, Jul 14, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD Unwanted Store Exception 1 day after Clean Install

Hi nbalive2005,

Your drive looks to be failing:
    Numberous events of the following
    Attachment 144009

A few others
    Attachment 144010
    Attachment 144011

Replace the hard drive a.s.a.p.

5. Thanks for the reply.

I'm currently doing a chksk scan and it seems to be stuck at 90%

I'm wondering if there is another hard drive test that I could do before shelling out the money to get a new HD?

EDIT: I'm also wondering why i'm only getting a problem (for now) when my computer goes on idle? (the BSOD has already happened 3 times in idle mode, and not yet during use)

6. Hello I just finished the chkdsk, sfc scannow and disk health scans and these are the results.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Windows\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /scan
    The type of the file system is NTFS.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    172288 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
    4409 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    229770 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    28742 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    40644552 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

243633151 KB total disk space.
    26216240 KB in 131181 files.
    98820 KB in 28743 indexes.
    24 KB in bad sectors.
    287667 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    217030400 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    60908287 total allocation units on disk.
    54257600 allocation units available on disk.

C:\Windows\system32>

It seems like there are no problems on the HD. Should I still get a new HD?

However my previous sfc / scannow from earlier today did have some results but i cannot find them anymore as my computer crashed before i could save them to my desktop (I went out for a break and found my computer in BSOD)

7. axe0 New Member
    All hard drive tests except for the chkdsk, are evaluation tests to identify the status. Only chkdsk can actually perform actions.

Chkdsk /scan isn't a good command to fix errors, run chkdsk /r instead.

8. zbook New Member

Disk Concepts and Troubleshooting

Please perform chkdsk /r as per axe0 and post the results into the thread:

Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

The bios in your computer: BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A05, 10/08/2010

Check the dell web site entering your computer's serial or product number and operating system to see if this driver has been updated.

When the chkdsk has completed run one of the SMART tests on your drive:

CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World: http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.html

Software - Crystal Dew World

HD Tune: http://www.hdtune.com/Hard

Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring: https://www.hdsentinel.com/

When the SMART test has completed open the Microsoft snipping tool and make images of the results to post into the thread.

Run Sea tools for windows on your drive using SMART, short and long generic tests:

How to use SeaTools for Windowshttp://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/seatools-win-master/

How to use SeaTools for Windows

zbook, Jul 15, 2017
  9. axe0 New Member
    @zbook, there is no need for hard drive tests. We know that the drive cannot be used for much longer.
    Even if the scan results were good, according to Windows it cannot be used for much longer.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Unwanted Store Exception 1 day after Clean Install - Similar Threads - BSOD Unwanted Store

2. BSOD Memory Management 1 day after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Memory Management 1 day after fresh install: Hi, I just build my new PC then install windows. So far seems good but one day later BSOD with MEMORY MANAGEMENT message, only happen one time.********************************************************************************...
  3. BSOD Memory Management 1 day after fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Memory Management 1 day after fresh install: Hi, I just build my new PC then install windows. So far seems good but one day later BSOD with MEMORY MANAGEMENT message, only happen one time.********************************************************************************...
  4. BSOD multiple times a day, Unexpected Store Exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD multiple times a day, Unexpected Store Exception: Started yesterday and has happened 5 times, I have run a number of test and my best guess is that I have a failing hard drive but would like a professional to help and confirm.OneDrive link to my last 3 minidump...
  5. BSOD multiple times a day, Unexpected Store Exception

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD multiple times a day, Unexpected Store Exception: Started yesterday and has happened 5 times, I have run a number of test and my best guess is that I have a failing hard drive but would like a professional to help and confirm.OneDrive link to my last 3 minidump...
  6. BSOD multiple times a day, Unexpected Store Exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Multiple BSOD KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED after clean installation

Multiple BSOD KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED after clean installation: Hello, I've been receiving multiple BSODs even after clean installing OS, my temps are fine and i haven't oveclocked my machine in any way, BSOD appears occasionally when watching movies My specs are below aorus b450 elite AMD ryzen 3600 32 GB of RAM 4x8 GB Ballistix...
  8. Win 10 1803 clean install BSOD after one day

Win 10 1803 clean install BSOD after one day: So yesterday I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 onto a Dell Optiplex 9030 (SSD drive) from a source I've been using on many machines without issue. Today, the user called me and said it blue screened which I thought was odd as I haven't had any Windows 10 workstations do...
  9. BSOD after clean w10 installtion-"UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION"

BSOD after clean w10 installtion-"UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION": hey! i got a Lenovo yoga 3 pro 1370 with core -m CPU, Liteon L8H-256v2g SSD after a clean windows 10 -genuine installation, UEFI. i installed it cause there where BSODs before and though it may be because of corrupted file system. now i think its the SSD drive but the...
  10. 3 BSOD after installing a new mouse. 1 BSOD the day before.

3 BSOD after installing a new mouse. 1 BSOD the day before.: After installing a mouse ( GX800 | Keyboards & Mice | ASUS Global ). I got 3 BSOD and 1 bsod before i installed the new mouse. Attachment 65800 41753