Windows 10: BSOD upgrading to Win10, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Discus and support BSOD upgrading to Win10, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 Pro 32bit using the USB installation media (from the media creation tool). However during the first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by krytoned, Aug 22, 2015.

1. krytoned Win User

BSOD upgrading to Win10, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I tried to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 Pro 32bit using the USB installation media (from the media creation tool).

However during the first reboot, I encountered a Windows 10 BSOD with the message:
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    and was then rolled back to Windows 7 Pro 32bit.

I then get the following error code after I logged back on:
    0xC1900101 - 0x20017
    The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation.

This is the 3rd time I tried to upgrade this laptop, and I got the same BSOD and error code. I have already ran a chkdsk command.

Would appreciate some help on this, thanks!

Attachment 33283 (C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther)
    Attachment 33284 (C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Rollback)
    Attachment 33285 (C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Rollback)

:)

krytoned, Aug 22, 2015
  2. bb2indc Win User

How to deal with BSOD (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA)

Repeated BSOD with error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (HipShieldK.sys)

solution?

bb2indc, Aug 22, 2015
  3. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD (snp2uvc.sys) error

I have a Fujitsu laptop, 'after upgrading to Windows 10 has problems: "restart every 10 minutes", with information error "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD (snp2uvc.sys)".

Can anyone help me

Budi Nursetyo, Aug 22, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

5. krytoned Win User
    Followed the instructions to enable small dump files, then ran the windows upgrade again, followed by the same BSOD and error and rollback.

However the dm_log_collector.exe says there's no dump file to save (and checking the directory itself confirms this). Presumably, this is because the BSOD occurs in Windows 10 and not my current rolled back Windows 7.

The error logs look the same though.

I have already ran the memtest86 tool before this, and there were no problems.

krytoned, Aug 24, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Do you have some hardware replaced, or added hardware?
    Do you have any peripherals connected while upgrading?

7. krytoned Win User
    No peripherals connected, and I even detached the removable DVD writer on one of my upgrade tries.
    The only thing attached is the USB drive containing the Win10 iso image.

I have not changed or added any hardware. It works well in Vista, and even when I upgraded it to Win7 later on.

krytoned, Aug 24, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

How much free space do you have?

9. krytoned Win User
    I got one disk drive partitioned into this:

Attachment 33770

krytoned, Aug 24, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    You ran the memtest, which test did you use, how long and how many passes?
    It makes a difference which test you run and unless you do at least 8 complete passes (or until you get an error) it isn't worth doing.

Please run in admin command prompt sfc /scannow. We need to make sure there are no software/driver/hardware corruption or hardware problems.
    To open admin command prompt, press windows logo + x, choose command prompt (admin). If you get a message from UAC, allow it.

11. krytoned Win User
    For memtest, I just ran the default test once, and I think it only took an hour or so. I'm not sure how many passes is that. I only know I quit it when it said there were no errors.
    I'll try it again later. Can I leave it unattended overnight? What settings or menus should I select?

The sfc says it found some errors that it can't be fixed. Here's the CBS.log file. Thanks.

krytoned, Aug 24, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    Memtest for 8 passes takes several hours, each pass tests another part of the RAM.
    It is recommended to run memtest overnight, because of the time it takes.
    It is also recommended to abort the test when there is an error, but it doesn't hurt to continue until at least 8 passes have finished.
    It is recommended to abort the test when there is an error, because there isn't a reason to continue anymore.
    Keep the settings on default for now.

Please reboot your pc and try sfc /scannow again.
    Try sfc /scannow, reboot, sfc /scannow a couple of times. When sfc says it can't fix problems then you have to reboot for sfc to try fixing it. It may take a couple of times in order for sfc /scannow to fix the errors.

13. Kyhi Win User

14. axe0 New Member
    I have asked Kyhi about false positives with sfc /scannow in windows 10, because there are false positives in windows 8 and I'm unsure if the same files are false positive in windows 10.

The link he posted points to a tool he wrote that helps with the sfc and dism commands.

15. krytoned Win User
    I have run the memtest for about 14 hours with the default settings, and there appears to be no errors.

Attachment 33904

On the other hand, sfc /scannow still cannot fix all the errors, even though I restarted at least 5 times, and some of them in safe mode too.

If DISM is meant to be replacing files from a system image, maybe I should just reinstall Win7Pro and then try to upgrade from there?

krytoned, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD upgrading to Win10, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - Similar Threads - BSOD upgrading Win10

2. BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Error code:Stop code : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAWhat failed : Wdf01000.sysPls help me solve this issueThis issue happened to me when I uninstalled IDMInternet Download Manager and it told me to restart my laptop so I restared it and this error just came....
  3. BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Error code:Stop code : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAWhat failed : Wdf01000.sysPls help me solve this issueThis issue happened to me when I uninstalled IDMInternet Download Manager and it told me to restart my laptop so I restared it and this error just came....
  4. BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD (page_fault_in_nonpaged_area ntoskrnl.exe) after upgrade build

BSOD (page_fault_in_nonpaged_area ntoskrnl.exe) after upgrade build: Hello, I got a BSOD after opening the start menu and clicking on google chrome icon twice in a row only a few seconds after startup and the pc wasn't fully loaded yet. Normally I don't believe this should trigger a BSOD. It may be related to the newest build I am on now....
  6. BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area]: BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area] Using bluetooth headphones watching youtube video when this BSOD occured. Thanks for the assistance! 137746
  7. BSOD Error - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

BSOD Error - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Hello, Seems like I'm getting the BSOD more frequently lately. This is the latest error to which I haven't seen before. I've included a link to the minidump. Can someone advise? TIA. Minidump...
  8. Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area: Hi, I'm getting bsod at the very start of the laptop. Seems like the update of intel wifi and bluetooth driver caused it (using intel update utility). I used dm_log collector, it seems to run ok but it doesn't create any zip file (it was run as admin). Instead it...
  9. BSOD Windows 10 error page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

BSOD Windows 10 error page_fault_in_nonpaged_area: Hi, I'm completly new to the forum and hoping someone can help out. Brand new dell xps13 that I've upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and have been getting random BSOD, no patter that I can see, not running anything in particular. debugs attached, hopefully someone can shed some...
  10. Various BSOD on Startup, Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Various BSOD on Startup, Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Hi, I've had a series of problems starting my HP laptop (dv6t-7000) as it gives me a BSOD on startup. I do have Bitlocker setup (due to corporate requirements). I've gotten two main errors, both PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, followed by either (NTFS.sys) or (iaStorAV.sys)....