Windows 10: BSOD - usbehci.sys - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discus and support BSOD - usbehci.sys - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have already had 7 of them, just got one when trying to post this. I suspect my USB sound card. So far they have happened only in Windows, not in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TairikuOkami, Oct 5, 2014.

1. BSOD - usbehci.sys - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have already had 7 of them, just got one when trying to post this. I suspect my USB sound card. So far they have happened only in Windows, not in games, when listening to the music on youtube or via Radiosure, sometimes I was not even at PC, so I think, that I can exclude my wireless mouse and keyboard connected through USB receiver. I guess, that I just have to wait for Windows 10 drivers.

:)

TairikuOkami, Oct 5, 2014

2. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER Windows 10

The other BSODs i get are

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (win32kfull.sys)

And

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Abdulaziz10, Oct 5, 2014
  3. BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi,

I have been experiencing BSODs in the last 4 days.

The last BSOD showed me "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and I don't know what happened.

(I forgot what the previous BSODs error, I believe it was not "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL").

Here is the link for my last 3 minidumps file and MSinfo32.

Minidump_and_MSinfo32.zip

Please, I need your help.

Thanks.

Kenny Rizky, Oct 5, 2014
  4. Saltgrass Win User

BSOD - usbehci.sys - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I haven't looked at your dump files, but if someone doesn't show up who actually knows how to analyze those, I will give it a try.

What comes to mind is the "ehci" and your bios settings. I believe there is an option on many systems to allow or not allow that type of switch over under the USB options. You might check to see if you can find anything. If nothing is available, you might check your bios version and see if any bios updates are available.

Can you acquire 8.1 drivers for the device? Not suggesting anything yet, just asking.

Saltgrass, Oct 6, 2014
  5. Well, I have found ehci USB option in BIOS, it enables USB booting, so I have disabled it for now and I will see, what it does. So far I have got like 2-3 BSODs a day, so it should not take long.

EDIT: I have got another BSOD in about 10 minutes, so it did not help. *Huh
    I have 8.1 drivers for everything, but Creative is known for its bad drivers.

TairikuOkami, Oct 7, 2014
  6. Boozad Win User
    Your dump is indicating the EHCI eUSB Miniport driver.

Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck D1, {1e5, 2, 0, fffff80016e0cabb} Probably caused by : usbehci.sys ( usbehci!EHCI_GetPacketForFrame+17 ) Followup: MachineOwner 1: kd> lmvm usbehci start end module name fffff800`16e00000 fffff800`16e19000 usbehci (pdb symbols) c:\symbols\usbehci.pdb\3106D5F7086447B194C6C1E86FDCDB441\usbehci.pdb Loaded symbol image file: usbehci.sys Mapped memory image file: c:\symbols\usbehci.sys\5413C48619000\usbehci.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\usbehci.sys Image name: usbehci.sys Timestamp: Sat Sep 13 05:13:58 2014 (5413C486) CheckSum: 000202CC ImageSize: 00019000 File version: 6.4.9841.0 Product version: 6.4.9841.0 File flags: 0 (Mask 3F) File OS: 40004 NT Win32 File type: 2.0 Dll File date: 00000000.00000000 Translations: 0409.04b0 CompanyName: Microsoft Corporation ProductName: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System InternalName: USBEHCI.sys OriginalFilename: USBEHCI.sys ProductVersion: 6.4.9841.0 FileVersion: 6.4.9841.0 (fbl_release.140912-1613) FileDescription: EHCI eUSB Miniport Driver LegalCopyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.[/quote] Given that it's a built in Windows driver it may just be that it's incompatible with the hardware at the current point in time. I've dug around the dump but can't get find anything deeper on that particular driver.

Your ATI driver has also been flagged however.

Code: ffffd000`e4b786f8 fffff800`17c7eea5Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys atikmdag+0x7eea5 1: kd> lmvm atikmdag start end module name fffff800`17c00000 fffff800`18c6a000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Mon Sep 15 23:21:08 2014 (54176654) CheckSum: 00FFED07 ImageSize: 0106A000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Try rolling back to an earlier version for now to check stability. Download the 13.9 driver from here then use AMD Uninstall Utility to remove all traces of your current driver, CCC etc. Reboot and install the 13.9 driver.

BSOD - usbehci.sys - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL [​IMG]
    Note When installing choose 'Advanced' or 'Custom' (whichever option is available, just not Express) and uncheck everything except the video driver.

Boozad, Oct 7, 2014
  7. Thanks for the input. I have installed 13.9 fresh when I have installed Windows.

I will try to disable the service from loading, not many options left anyway.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\usbehci

8. Boozad Win User

Keep us updated, this is a learning curve for me.

Boozad, Oct 7, 2014
  9. Saltgrass Win User
    Many times if you see a USB port type warning it is actually the device connected causing the problem. One thing we like to check is the drivers on your system. Most of yours are 2013 or 2014. The secdrv.sys is notorious and has shown 2006 since Windows 7 came out, so it is OK, but you do have one I do not recognize.

WinRing0x64.sys Sat Jul 26 08:29:37 2008 Maybe related to some hardware monitoring?
    and
    CHDRT64.sys Thu Mar 24 14:36:14 2011 Maybe related to Conexant

The fact drivers or old doesn't always mean they are bad, but something to check out.

Saltgrass, Oct 7, 2014
  10. Yes, I have Conexant onboard soundcard, but I do not use it, so I do not bother updating it, I usually disable it along with other devices. WinRing0x64 is related to FusionTweaker (undervolting).

Well, maybe it is a little premature, but I have a hunch, that disabling the driver did the trick. Thanks everyone for pointing me to the right direction, once I have realized, that it is a part of Windows, I recalled, that it is actually running as a service. My USB devices are working, I just get some errors.

11. essenbe Win User
    Just one question, are you using Windows 8 drivers? Most Windows 8 Drivers run well on the Windows Preview, especially the Chipset drivers and the Graphics drivers. The Chipset drivers usually contain the USB drivers.

essenbe, Oct 12, 2014
  12. TairikuOkami, Oct 12, 2014
  13. essenbe Win User

Can you use the Windows supplied AHCI Driver?

essenbe, Oct 13, 2014
  14. Yes, that one works fine. When idle 0% usage, otherwise about 5-10%.

TairikuOkami, Oct 13, 2014
  15. usasma Win User
    It's been my experience that USB sound cards are finicky w/Windows - especially the later versions of the OS. They are frequently seen in BSOD topics.

Try uninstalling the software for the sound card, then physically remove it from the system.
    Then see if that helps the BSOD's

EDIT: Also, the WinRing driver is known to cause BSOD problems. Also, it's being from 2008 is also a red flag - it's most likely not compatible w/Win10. Uninstall it in order to test it.

usasma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD - usbehci.sys - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Similar Threads - BSOD usbehci sys

2. BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALwdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALwdf01000.sys: I'm having issues with the BSOD type mentioned in the title as it occurs randomly on my new PC build. The minidump is here below. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RK8fstWab4-CCa-HDypy8SBqxpjzk4oP/view?usp=sharing Any help is appreciated....
  3. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello all :) Since several weeks, i get regularly BSOD after 2-3h of use, involving wdf01000.sys (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL). I tried to find the cause of the problem, but without any success until now. Here you have a link to two dumpfiles :...
  4. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, caused by hal.dll and dxgmms2.sys.

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, caused by hal.dll and dxgmms2.sys.: I have a new PC build that has frequent BSODS. It is always IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, but the drivers responsible seem to vary. Today 4 BSODS caused by hal.dll and 1 BSOD by dxgmms2.sys I have stresstested my system with prime95 and MemTest86 without problems. Running...
  5. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys

BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys: Hi, since a month or two I'm getting this BSOD while streaming with OBS https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rah2ipKpSC85ao5wmyxu3I6peK5DOhyj DMP File...
  6. BSOD L1C63x64.sys / Driver_IRQL_Not_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD L1C63x64.sys / Driver_IRQL_Not_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello, recently i have been having some blue screens usualy while streaming, usualy after 1 hour passed but not always, sometimes it last 3 hours some times less than 1 tried stressing the processor but it didnt made a blue screen. Someone have any idea? I attach the BSOD...
  7. BSOD Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys

BSOD Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL L1C63x64.sys: Hello So for the past couple of months I've been using my work phone to tether for my internet and no problems. I have to give it back soon so I'm back to using Comcast (shudder) which means I'm back to using my ethernet which is when all this started happening. I've...
  8. irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10x64.sys)

irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10x64.sys): Hello! First time poster - been getting random BSODs with my Alienware r15 laptop for the past few days with the error message in the thread title. Please take a look at the dump file and see if you can figure it out cause I'm stumped. Thanks! 46473
  9. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys) error

BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys) error: Hi, Been getting the following blue screen error for a bit now. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys) I have attached the zip file of my BSOD report. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Attachment 96009 60134
  10. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys)

BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys): Started having Random BSOD like an hour ago after trying to remote connect on my other PC from this one. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys) I have no idea what to do. i attached the ZIP file i got from the program from the BSOD Posting Instruction. 36598