Windows 10: BSOD USBXHCI.SYS when powering on computer first time each day

Discus and support BSOD USBXHCI.SYS when powering on computer first time each day in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Ive been getting BSOD's most days when I turn my computer on for the first time. After the BSOD it boots fine and does not crash again until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cjorgens79, Mar 25, 2016.

1. BSOD USBXHCI.SYS when powering on computer first time each day

Hi,

Ive been getting BSOD's most days when I turn my computer on for the first time. After the BSOD it boots fine and does not crash again until the next day when the PC has been off for a while.

The BSOD comes with a number of different messages, ive has SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION, BAD_POOL_CALLER, WDF_VIOLATION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Any help in diagnosing the cause would be much appreciated.

Thanks

:)

cjorgens79, Mar 25, 2016
  2. Idear..zZ Win User

BSOD in Win10 SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Every day the first time I turn on my computer, I will get a BSOD with SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (NTFS.SYS). The system will reboot when this BSOD happens, and then it will have a successful boot.

This happens only once in each day. Sometimes the file is NTFS.SYS, sometimes it's another file.

I have uploaded the MINIDMP file and msinfo32.nfo file to my Onedrive. Hope it can help.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Idear..zZ, Mar 25, 2016
  3. Windows 10 driver_irql_not_less_or_equal usbxhci.sys when playing a video

So for the past couple days I have been getting a BSOD with driver_irql_not_less_or_equal usbxhci.sys.

This happens randomly when I play a video. Here is some more information about my computer:

Motherboard: gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H

Gpu: Msi geforce gtx 750 ti

cpu: amd athlon x4 860K

I hope you can help me!

Henry

henrypham02, Mar 25, 2016
  4. BSOD USBXHCI.SYS when powering on computer first time each day

Hello Craig and welcome to 10forums! *Smile

I had a look through and yeah most dumps point to the USBxHCI(Extensible Host Controller Interface) so I would like for you to use Intel's update tool:
    Intel Driver Update Utility

Cheers, Boris *Smile

BorisTheAnimal, Mar 25, 2016
  5. Hi Boris,

Thanks for posting. I installed the Intel Driver Update Utility as suggested but when it scans for drivers it just comes back saying "No drivers were detected for your product". If I choose "Search Manually" or "Select a different product" it only lists Intel desktop boards, while i have an intel cpu and chipset, its an ASRock board. Also they dont list any Z170 boards in the Intel range either.

Cheers
    Craig

cjorgens79, Mar 25, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    USB drivers are provided by the manufacturer of the mainboard, either as a standalone driver update or in the chipset drivers is my experience.
    ASRock > Z170 Extreme4

For your CPU you need to have Intel, but not for the USB drivers *Wink

7. That's what I thought. I had already ensured all my drivers and bios from the manufacturer were up to date prior to posting here. So I take it then there is nothing I can do to fix this other than report this issue to the manufacturer?

cjorgens79, Mar 28, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

BSOD USBXHCI.SYS when powering on computer first time each day

I'll have a look at the files, will post in a few minutes.

9. axe0 New Member
    Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

The dumps are showing USB drivers from Windows, but this doesn't necessarily mean it is the USB drivers.
    With USB drivers there are a few options
    • A device connected,
    • USB ports,
    • USB drivers.
    To troubleshoot this,
    • remove all USB devices except for mouse and keyboard
    • switch USB port of mouse and keyboard
    if any problem occurs, switch USB port again until you find out what exactly is the cause.

10. Ok thanks, I had tried with everything unplugged other than mouse/kb but it still occurred. Will try change ports and disable items from startup.

cjorgens79, Mar 28, 2016
  11. Also noticed that there are no USB 3.0/3.1 drivers for W10 but you can find them for W7.

BorisTheAnimal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD USBXHCI.SYS when powering on computer first time each day

1. BSOD USBXHCI.SYS when powering on computer first time each day - Similar Threads - BSOD USBXHCI SYS

2. BSOD on the first start of the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on the first start of the day: Hello, i built a pc and it wont stop showing a BSOD The RAM was tested with memtest86, i tried reinstalling windows many times, updated drivers, tried another ssd.No minidump file’s are being created and on the dump says wrong symbols.HELP...
  3. BSOD on the first start of the day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on the first start of the day: Hello, i built a pc and it wont stop showing a BSOD The RAM was tested with memtest86, i tried reinstalling windows many times, updated drivers, tried another ssd.No minidump file’s are being created and on the dump says wrong symbols.HELP...
  4. Multiple BSODs every day with different errors each time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSODs every day with different errors each time: I've been encountering about 5-6 blue screens a day with different reasons, which has been quite annoying when I'm in the middle of doing something important. If anyone could suggest any solutions or causes that would be great, thanks. DMP files:...
  5. Computer sign on each day

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer sign on each day: Is there a way to eliminate the unsolicited display of pictures, stories, etc. each day when I sign on to my computer. When I sign on I would like to go directly to my desktop and not to the unsolicited information. The information is often opinionated and I would rather not...
  6. Multiple BSOD each day

Multiple BSOD each day: Since Friday I get multiple BSOD each day. I did chdsk, mdsched and installed updates for windows and my graphics card. Here are the most recent minidump files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ItyFWbRP957JcLS4_cAMu_QweAz15UnnThanks for any help...
  7. Memory Management BSOD when starting computer up for the first time each day, reboots and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory Management BSOD when starting computer up for the first time each day, reboots and...: Hi everyone, My computer has recently been getting the Memory Management BSOD once an ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY BSOD while starting up for the first time each day. It would restart, and everything would be fine afterwards. It appears that it reaches the blue screen...
  8. BSOD since the first day

BSOD since the first day: Hello, I purchased a branded MSI system in Oct, 2018 with Win 10 preinstalled and since then i have constant and daily BSOD events. I use the PC mainly for work (graphic design), browsing and playing but the events do not seem to be related to a specific activity. I manually...
  9. BSOD when starting computer first time in day. sometimes in game

BSOD when starting computer first time in day. sometimes in game: Hello, I have had many BSODs regarding ntoskrnl.exe, FLTMGR.SYS, WdFilter.sys since I have updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have checked drivers, memtest, and bios drivers. All is fine. Memtest for a whole night. Specs: i7 4970k gtx 1080 16 gb ram 1866hz z97-a...
  10. BSOD when starting game first time

BSOD when starting game first time: This is a little weird, I usually get BSOD when I start my PC when it hasn't been on for hours, but when I blue screen and boot Windows back up it doesn't seem to BSOD. I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence, but can someone please advise? 98292
Tags: