Windows 10: BSOD Usually once per boot

Discus and support BSOD Usually once per boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Thanks for everyone's help. I removed my graphics card, disassembled it, thoroughly cleaned it, applied new thermal paste, and installed it back. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pgrandst, Feb 2, 2017.

1. pgrandst Win User

BSOD Usually once per boot

Thanks for everyone's help. I removed my graphics card, disassembled it, thoroughly cleaned it, applied new thermal paste, and installed it back. I then used the Radeon Crimson software to identify everything that was needed. In addition to the HDMI sound and the normal graphics driver, it had me install a third (I'm not remembering the name) that I did not have installed, so I installed it.

Since all of this... no issues.. yet.

pgrandst, Mar 13, 2017
  2. pgrandst Win User

Late last week, I had some more BSOD. Since, I've done the following:
    I disabled C1E in the bios.
    I turned off the fast-start feature.
    Finally, I have used your method (again) to uninstall my drivers and have installed the latest driver on AMDs website.

pgrandst, Apr 10, 2017
  3. pgrandst Win User
    Had 4 BSOD tonight. Dump files attached.

I've now removed my graphics card and am running off of on board graphics.

Is there anything new in the dump files? Anything else I can try? Is it worth buying a new graphics card to see if it solves it, or is there a chance it is my motherboard or something else?

pgrandst, Apr 11, 2017
  4. pgrandst Win User

I have installed a different graphics card (borrowed from someone). I can recreate a BSOD by knocking my tower into the metal desk that sits next to (see photo). I know that some of the historical BSOD have been caused by an inadvertent knock (usually a kick as I swivel my chair around), but not all. Some just happen out of nowhere.

Am I dealing with two separate issues? Or are they the same? Seems that something is loose...

Dump attached.

Thanks for all the help.

pgrandst, Apr 16, 2017
  5. lifetec Win User
    Check all your connection/cables on your mobo and from/to your mobo esp. from the PSU.
    Look for loose cables and/or damaged cables etc.
    These kinds of knocks could cause some kind of short-circuit in your system when you bump into the metal desk.
    Is your mobo inserted the right way with all the screws and standoffs in the right place?
    No loose or fallen screws in your system?
    etc.

lifetec, Apr 16, 2017
  6. pgrandst Win User
    I removed my motherboard, disconnected all of my RAM, and thoroughly cleaned the CPU fan, memory, memory slots, and the general MOBO surface.

I'm 99% sure that root cause was the CPU fan blowing dust directly into the RAM slots as the one closest to the SPU would cause a BSOD if I barely touched it while the machine was running. After cleaning, and a few weeks later no BSODs... Let's hope it's solved for good.

Thanks all for the help.

pgrandst, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Usually once per boot - Similar Threads - BSOD Usually once

2. 21h2 update, stuck, as per usual

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    21h2 update, stuck, as per usual: Yet again it's update time. As soon as I open my laptop and connect to the internet the whole system comes to a grinding halt because of forced updates. A whole day wasted, unable to use my laptop for anything. 12 hours later and the 21h2 update is stuck at 20% and has been...
  3. 21h2 update, stuck, as per usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    21h2 update, stuck, as per usual: Yet again it's update time. As soon as I open my laptop and connect to the internet the whole system comes to a grinding halt because of forced updates. A whole day wasted, unable to use my laptop for anything. 12 hours later and the 21h2 update is stuck at 20% and has been...
  4. 21h2 update, stuck, as per usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Once per minute laptop hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Once per minute laptop hangs: Once per minute when system clock second counter is at :00 explorer.exe shows a spike in cpu utilization and the computer hangs. The length of time it hangs increases with the length of time the computer is in use. Using graphics programs increases the hang time faster....
  6. Getting a BSOD about once per day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting a BSOD about once per day: Hi, I've had this computer for about a year and have lately been getting a BSOD about once per day. I ran a memory diagnostic, checked that Windows 10 was up to date, check that NVIDIA was up to date, and blew out some dust from inside of the computer (there wasn't much). I...
  7. My Computer bluescreens once per boot and the BSOD error code is usually different every time

My Computer bluescreens once per boot and the BSOD error code is usually different every time: Hello, I have been having an interesting issue with my computer. I usually use it between 12:00am and 4:00am, however when I boot my PC and load up applications i.e Discord/Steam games, my PC will usually Bluescreen within 10 minutes. I have gotten several different...
  8. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I have an issue that whenever I play a video or start a game, my computer will crash, sometimes with a blue screen error sometimes no. It happens once per day. Once it crashes, it wont crash for the rest of the day, even if I happen to shut down or restart the computer. I...
  9. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I recently upgraded my computer. I ran Windows off the old SSD and everything was working well. I then purchased a Western Digital SN550 Blue 1TB NVMe SSD and installed windows, I have a MSI B450I motherboard Micro ITXand a AMD 3600 processor. Ever since then I have had...
  10. Bsod once or twice a day, usually at night.

Bsod once or twice a day, usually at night.: Hello. I need your help. I have Bsod every day, once or twice a day, usually at night. I have new comp. Windows 10. I have provided you the necessary information about my system and dump files in the application. Thank you very much for your help! 74720