Windows 10: BSOD Usually While Idle (variety of BugChecks)

Discus and support BSOD Usually While Idle (variety of BugChecks) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; General Info About The Issue: -My system usually crashes while 1)idle or 2) under light usage (like web-browsing, etc.) -It does not crash while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by klimasjo, Sep 5, 2015.

1. klimasjo Win User

BSOD Usually While Idle (variety of BugChecks)

General Info About The Issue:

-My system usually crashes while 1)idle or 2) under light usage (like web-browsing, etc.)
    -It does not crash while gaming which is my primary use for the machine.
    -There are a variety of Bugchecks (see attached)
    -I can't seem to put my finger on any single action that causes a crash.

Things I Have Tried:
    -All of my drivers are up to date (I use Driver Fusion Premium to keep them up to date).
    -I have run Memtest86+ for 8+hours with 0 errors.
    -I have done clean-installs of Windows several times and several system restores. The problem usually gets better but it slowly creeps back to more frequent crashes.

Other than that, all of the info is in the attached .dmp files.

Any help is appreciated *Huh

Attachment 36119

:)

klimasjo, Sep 5, 2015

2. Cant get my pc to quit bluescreening

BugCheck 50, {ffffc2825e765000, 0, fffff8013fcd644f, 2}

Could not read faulting driver name

Probably caused by : Wof.sys ( Wof!FileProvCompressWorkItem+6c )

That is a Windows component which means something else drove it into fault.

BugCheck A, {ffffa40ae0da6aa0, 2, 0, fffff800b9f33cfb}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiResolveMappedFileFault+ab )

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff801d3b73b40, ffffb80f35f0e990, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!RtlClearAllBits+26 )

The other minidump was corrupt.

No clear cause and the variety of BugCheck usually indicates a hardware problem.

What was the last Windows update and did this start before or immediately after it?

SpiritX MS MVP, Sep 5, 2015
  3. MtSeldon Win User
    System restarts after sometime without user interaction.

I started the computer in safe mode , and computer ran with a BSOD .

now how am i going to find what's responsible for the BSOD while computer is idle?

MtSeldon, Sep 5, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi klimasjo,

Welcome to the 10forums.

A quick question, how many passes were completed with memtest?

axe0, Sep 5, 2015
  5. klimasjo Win User
    Hmm.. I did the Memtest a while back. I can run it again and get back to you. Off the top of my head it was *several* but I don't remember exactly. I can run it for longer if my information points to memory issues.

I will say the RAM is starting to age. I bought it probably 4.5 years ago.

klimasjo, Sep 5, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Well, the point is, you need to run MemTest for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results.
    Less then 8 passes isn't enough and a waste of time.

axe0, Sep 5, 2015
  7. klimasjo Win User
    I'll run it again and post when it has done at least 8 passes.

klimasjo, Sep 5, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Thank you.

I'm currently taking a look at the dump files, it might take a while seeing the number of dump files.

axe0, Sep 5, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Sep 5, 2015
  10. klimasjo Win User
    Attachment 36149
    I obtained a drive health report on the SSD that has my OS on it. I can perform tests on my HDD as well but I am confident it is not the issue (problems started before I ever even installed it). All it contains is a few games and a few very small programs.

EDIT: I am about to start the Memtest. I had to do a little work on my USB Drive (it showed only 56MB available when it is 8GB ~ I figured out the issue and will start the test soon.)

klimasjo, Sep 5, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Good,
    After MemTest, open an admin command prompt and enter the following command
    Code: chkdsk X: /r[/quote] X is the letter of the windows partition, please use the letter of your windows partition.

It might take a while for chkdsk to finish, please let it run, even when it looks like it is frozen/stuck.

12. klimasjo Win User
    Ran Memtest for about 10.5 hours for 8 passes and it returned 0 errors.

I will run CHKDSK on my hard drive and get back to you. Can a drive that does not have my OS on it cause all these problems? Remember, my OS is on an SSD which is healthy. It would be redundant to run CHKDSK on this drive.

klimasjo, Sep 6, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

Can't say for sure, because I've never experienced it.
    But Windows checks the hardware, so I would test the other drive(s)

Thema:

1. BSOD Usually While Idle (variety of BugChecks) - Similar Threads - BSOD Usually While

2. Repeated BSoDs while idling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSoDs while idling: I have experienced multiple BSoDs with the stopcode IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.I have scanned and repaired system files as well as the C: drive. All my drivers as well as my OS are up to date. I just unpacked my computer after a move and I am concerned that it may be a hardware...
  3. Repeated BSoDs while idling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated BSoDs while idling: I have experienced multiple BSoDs with the stopcode IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.I have scanned and repaired system files as well as the C: drive. All my drivers as well as my OS are up to date. I just unpacked my computer after a move and I am concerned that it may be a hardware...
  4. Windows BSOD while Idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows BSOD while Idle: About a week ago, My PC started to bsod. For some reason, It only crashes when its idle, and not doing anything else. I can run games, watch videos, and do basically anything else perfectly fine with no hiccups, but if I just leave the pc sitting there idle, it crashes in a...
  5. Variety of ntoskrnl.exe BSODs while connected to WIFI.

Variety of ntoskrnl.exe BSODs while connected to WIFI.: My computer experiences a variety of BSODs while it is connected to WIFI. It experiences no crashes when the WIFI adapter is turned off. I've tried reinstalling graphics card and WIFI adapter drivers, using an external WIFI dongle same result, running Driver Verifier just...
  6. BSOD while idling - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR

BSOD while idling - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR: I recently had my HP m6 ENVY laptop crash on me while the computer was idling. This occurred shortly after I had reinstalled my display drivers to fix an issue with the laptop crashing right after opening the lid to wake it up from sleep mode. Not sure if it has anything to...
  7. BSOD while idle on desktop

BSOD while idle on desktop: The past few days I have been getting BSOD while my computer was idle on desktop with only Google Chrome open and other background programs. Both times it has happened my monitor was in sleep mode so I was unable to see the BSOD myself but I have the minidumps. 84345
  8. BSOD at night while idle

BSOD at night while idle: This has been going on for awhile and I cant seem to figure out the issue. I have turned off all C-State settings to fix the issue but there problem is still there. 27462
  9. BSOD while playing or idle

BSOD while playing or idle: Hello, i build this PC in december, and everything was runing fine until like 2 months ago. Getting random BSOD while playing some of them happend even when idle. The most recent ones are from today playing Diablo 3, got 3 BSOD in a span of an hour. Getting about 3-4...
  10. Bugcheck BSOD while gaming

Bugcheck BSOD while gaming: Hi... again *Smile So while I was gaming in Star Citizen and having GPU-Z running in background, the game froze and I got BSOD with the message: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT So I opened the .dmp file and this is what I got: Loading Dump File...