Windows 10: BSOD Usually while playing GTA V, caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support BSOD Usually while playing GTA V, caused by ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep getting repeated BSOD after fresh install of Windows 10. I originally reinstalled because my computer was running really slowly and nothing else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by brandonium10, May 16, 2017.

1. BSOD Usually while playing GTA V, caused by ntoskrnl.exe

I keep getting repeated BSOD after fresh install of Windows 10. I originally reinstalled because my computer was running really slowly and nothing else was working, so I reinstalled my OS. Most of them have been SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, mostly caused by ntoskrnl.exe. I have tried updating most of my drivers and have posted to other threads, and a user on Tom's Hardware lead me here. Thanks for any help that anyone can give.

:)

brandonium10, May 16, 2017

2. Blue Screen on Pc while gaming

I recently bought a brand new pc to play games on, but when I play games like Far Cry 4, GTA V, Fallout 4 I get bluescreens. The error message is nearly always different ive had CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION. When looking at bluescreen
    view it tells me the file causing it is ntoskrnl.exe, sometimes their is a second file causing it but recently it has just been ntoskrnl.exe. I usually get to play about 15mins of the game then it bluescreens. Older games like Fallout NV, Dishonered, GTA IV
    run fine and dont crash. Please if someone can help please do

MichaelHall628, May 16, 2017
  3. BSOD While Playing GTA V - Windows 10

Hi,

Here are the .dmp logs that were in the minidump folder. Please note that the incident occurred on 5/21/17 and there is a .dmp file that was created on 5/19/17. I included it in case they were related.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvORvzNhnTiLgd1GfTmNHFn0OezW8A

Thanks,

Christopher

CSwierczynski, May 16, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD Usually while playing GTA V, caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Hi brandonium10,

Unfortunately, there are issues with symbols and we have to wait for Microsoft to fix them.

However, the BSODs are all over the place + since you state that a reinstall doesn't help it is obvious that a hardware issue is present.

Please run all below tests.
    Please note, if you have any question about any test below, many questions that are asked are answered in the tutorials, read them carefully and if you still have a question after reading please do not hesitate to ask *Smile

BSOD Usually while playing GTA V, caused by ntoskrnl.exe [​IMG]
    STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting
    Read carefully before proceeding.

*Arrow Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums & CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest - Windows 7 Help Forums

*Arrow Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

*Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

*Arrow Run SeaTools DOS to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run the long test.
    *Arrow Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use option TWO with parameter /r
    Upload the chkdsk log *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

FOUR
    GPU TEST
    *Arrow Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.
    Make a photo of the result and post it.

In Furmark you can find a tool called 'GPU-Z' (if you want to install GPU-Z is up to you), when GPU-Z is open click on the 'Sensors' tab, on this tab you can monitor
    • the frequency of the GPU,
    • the GPU memory clock,
    • the temperature,
    • the power,
    • the load on the GPU,
    • Etc.
    I would like you to make a screenshot of GPU-Z after you have either cancelled Furmark for any reason or Furmark is finished, post this screenshot in your next reply with the result of Furmark.

5. I ran prime95 for about an hour and then my computer blue screened resulting in a ntoskrnl.exe error. Here is the results.txt from the prime95 folder because I couldn't screenshot it:
    [Fri May 19 19:04:50 2017]FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.48046875, expected less than 0.4Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTPossible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUTMaximum number of warnings exceeded.Self-test 28K passed!Self-test 28K passed!Self-test 28K passed!Self-test 28K passed![Fri May 19 19:09:55 2017]Self-test 28K passed!Self-test 28K passed![Fri May 19 19:17:12 2017]Self-test 8K passed!Self-test 8K passed!Self-test 8K passed!FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.498046875, expected less than 0.4Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.Self-test 8K passed!Self-test 8K passed![Fri May 19 19:22:46 2017]Self-test 40K passed!Self-test 40K passed!Self-test 40K passed!Self-test 40K passed!

brandonium10, May 19, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    If I'm reading correct, a ton of hardware errors reported by prime95? That means you'd need to replace the CPU.

7. I'll run the other tests as well to see if it is just that.

brandonium10, May 19, 2017
  8. BSOD Usually while playing GTA V, caused by ntoskrnl.exe

brandonium10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD Usually while playing GTA V, caused by ntoskrnl.exe

1. BSOD Usually while playing GTA V, caused by ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - BSOD Usually while

2. BSoD when playing GTA V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD when playing GTA V: Hi, I keep getting the blue screen of death every 20 minutes or so while playing GTA V, I don't know why My graphic driver is up-to-day, While restoro didn't work for me because it was paid. Can someone help me?...
  3. BSOD with GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with GTA V: Hi i have a problem since about a month. When i want to play GTA 5 im good for about 10-15 minutes and then my PC crashes with CLOCK-WATCHDOG-TIMEOUT error. When i tried to stress my gpu and cpu they were fine and no crashes ocurred. No changes to PC were made when this...
  4. WHEA Uncorrectable error BSOD while playing GTA V or BF1

WHEA Uncorrectable error BSOD while playing GTA V or BF1: Hello everyone it would be a great pleasure if i get some help from the community I am facing this problem since last 1 month I tried every solution but it aint working My computer specs are Windows 10 Home Processor-AMD FX 6300 Sic Core Processor 3.50 GHz Ram-12GB...
  5. WHEA Uncorrectable error BSOD while playing GTA V or BF1

WHEA Uncorrectable error BSOD while playing GTA V or BF1: Hello everyone it would be a great pleasure if i get some help from the community I am facing this problem since last 1 month I tried every solution but it aint working My computer specs are Windows 10 Home Processor-AMD FX 6300 Sic Core Processor 3.50 GHz Ram-12GB...
  6. WHEA Uncorrectable error BSOD while playing GTA V or BF1

7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. BSOD while playing GTA V

BSOD while playing GTA V: Hello everyone. Could someone please help me troubleshoot BSODs which occurs every single time I play GTA V for few minutes on my laptop? I had uninstalled nvidia drivers using DDU and reinstalled them, removed undervolt/overclock in msi afterburner and even clean installed...
  9. BSOD while playing GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while playing GTA V: hey, can you guys help me fix my problem like i always get BSOD while playing GTA V only. idk why but if i play difference games like maybe CS:GO or The Forest i didnt get BSOD idk why maybe cuz my GTA files is corrupted or wut i got this kindda problem like 2 days ago at...
  10. BSOD While Playing GTA V

BSOD While Playing GTA V: Okay so here's a thing that has only made me scratch my head. I have a high end pc, I can play any game I can think of non stop, best settings. As soon as I try GTA V. I get that BSOD. It's very random and I can't seem to pinpoint what's going on, any help is appreciated. I...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ntoskrnl.exe bluescreen windows 10 gta v