Windows 10: BSOD Various Stop Codes, Various Reasons

Discus and support BSOD Various Stop Codes, Various Reasons in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Trying to figure out what causes all these stop codes. New computer, specs below. Sometimes while working in Adobe Premiere Pro, I get a crash.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bdmaurer, Nov 3, 2016.

1. bdmaurer Win User

BSOD Various Stop Codes, Various Reasons

Trying to figure out what causes all these stop codes. New computer, specs below. Sometimes while working in Adobe Premiere Pro, I get a crash. Sometimes it's when I move the mouse. Sometimes, it's when I open a program. Each time, it seems, I get a different code. I have no idea as to what may be causing it. I've attached the ZIP file. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. I've run a registry cleaner, and cleaned that up. I've updated BIOS, and as far as I can tell, under system management, there aren't any yellow exclamation marks warning me about drivers. The ONLY thing that I did, prior to having problems, was UPDATE Adobe Creative Cloud. Maybe something in there is causing the problem, but then again, I get crashes all the time without even opening the software.

Windows 10
    Intel i7 6850k
    Asus X99 MB
    Balistix RAM (48GB -- 2x16, 2x8)
    GTX 1070
    1000wt Power Supply
    2 SSDs, 5 HDDs

:)

bdmaurer, Nov 3, 2016

2. BSOD with various error codes

So I woke up today and my computer has been crashing to BSOD every five or tens minutes of regular use.

The error codes I've received:

- memory_management

- bad_pool_header

- pfn_list_corrupt

- system_service_exception

- page_fault_in_non_paged_area

- driver_verified_detection_violation (only while following
    this
    )

It seems to be a problem with my ram, but if someone knows otherwise I'd be very thankful for the help.

You can find some of my minidump files and msinfo here.

Wildthingy, Nov 3, 2016
  3. BSOD with various error codes

Hi,

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

5 different Bug_Check in the 5 minidumps without clear cause often indicates a hardware issue.

1. Check with Gigabyte Support, their on-line documentation and drivers, and ask in their forums about any known issues. Update the
    BIOS, chipset drivers, and the major on-board and separate device drivers. Be sure to update the Logitech Wingman drivers which may be involved - and you may need to try removing it as a test. See driver update
    methods below.

LGBusEnum.sys dated 6/13/2016 Logitech Wingman drivers.

Gigabyte Support

GIGABYTE Global

Gigabyte Downloads

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/download-center.aspx

BiosVersion = F5

BiosReleaseDate = 05/30/2014

SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

SystemProductName = Z97P-D3

BaseBoardManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

BaseBoardProduct = Z97P-D3

2. Remove ALL power and reseat all cards, memory, and cables (both ends when possible) - actually remove and replace - do not just snug. Remove the dust bunnies and clean the vents. Check that the fans work (before and after opening the case).

3. Run the memory tests (see methods below).

4. As needed use ALL the methods in the troubleshooters below.

5. After ALL the above if needed run Driver Verifier to see if it can indicate a

CAUSE (see Driver Verifier methods below).

-----------------------------------------------------------

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

==================================================

This utility makes it easy to see which versions are loaded :

Run DriverView - set VIEW to Hide Microsoft drivers - update those without

Dump in their names (and update BIOS and chipset drivers).

DriverView - Free - utility displays the list of all device drivers currently loaded

on your system. For each driver in the list, additional useful information is

displayed: load address of the driver, description, version, product name,

company that created the driver, and more.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

For Drivers check System Maker as fallbacks and Device Maker's which are the

most current. Control Panel - Device Manager - Display Adapter - write down

the make and complete model of your video adapter - double click - Driver's

tab - write down the version info. Now click UPdate Driver (this may not do

anything as MS is far behind certifying drivers) - then Right Click - Uninstall -

REBOOT this will refresh the driver stack.

Repeat that for Network - Network Card (NIC), Wifi, Sound, Mouse and Keyboard

if 3rd party with their own software and drivers and any other major device drivers

you have.

Now go to System Maker's site (Dell, HP, Toshiba as examples) (as rollback) and

then Device Maker's site (Realtek, Intel, Nvidia, ATI as examples) and get their

latest versions. (Look for BIOS, Chipset, and software updates at System Maker's

site while there.)

Download - SAVE - go to where you put them - Right Click - RUN AD ADMIN -

REBOOT after each installation.

Always check in Device Manager - Drivers tab to be sure the version you are

installing actually shows up. This is because some drivers rollback before the

latest is installed (sound drivers particularly do this) so install a driver - reboot

- check to be sure it is installed and repeat as needed.

Repeat at Device Makers - BTW at Device Makers DO NOT RUN THEIR SCANNER -

heck manually by model.

Manually look at manufacturer's sites for drivers - and Device Maker's sites.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/ht/driverdlmfgr.htm

====================================================

Memory tests do not catch all errors such as mismatched memory (possible even

for sticks that appear to be identical) and when faster memory is placed in system

behind slower memory. So it is best to also swap sticks in and out to check for

those even if all memory tests fail to show a problem.

To test RAM check here - let it run 4+ hours or so. <-- best method

www.memtest.org

MemTestX86 - Test RAM With

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/memtest86-test-ram.2010/

For the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Type in Cortana's search box -> Windows Memory Diagnostics

at top of list - click it. in Windows 8/8.1/10 the name is "Windows Memory

Diagnostic".

================================================

After doing ALL the updates you can, and if the issue continues, then run

DriverVerifier.

Driver Verifier can help find some BSOD issues :

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

How To Troubleshoot Driver Problems in Windows Vista or 7. (8/8.1 and 10

are essentially the same).

http://www.winvistaclub.com/t79.html

Using Driver Verifier

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...448(v=vs.85).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

WINKEY + X - RUN - type in -> verifier /reset hit enter to disable

Use BlueScreenView to see if there is a driver specified in the error message.

Also check with MyEventViewer at the time of the BlueScreen.

If DriverVerifier creates a minidump upload it and post the link here so we can

analyze it.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 3, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

A lot of these dumps are indicating memory corruption. Those could be due to the graphics driver, a network driver, AV or tools such as daemon tools.

Neemobeer, Nov 4, 2016
  5. bdmaurer Win User
    I just ran a memory test and in fact, it came back and told me that I had a memory problem. Is there any way to know which stick of memory this might be, or if it's a graphics memory issue?

bdmaurer, Nov 4, 2016
  6. Neemobeer Win User
    If it didnt tell you in memtest then no. I would pull all the sticks out but one and re-test, rinse and repeat.

Neemobeer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Various Stop Codes, Various Reasons - Similar Threads - BSOD Various Stop

2. BSOD with various reasons showing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with various reasons showing.: Having quite a few Blue Screens with the following reasons;RESOURCE_NOT_OWNEDINTERNAL_POWER_ERROR DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION PFN_LIST_CORRUPT SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONUsing Nirsoft Bluescreen View, I can see the problem is pointing to Ntoskrnl.exe, the most recent...
  3. BSOD with various reasons showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with various reasons showing.: Having quite a few Blue Screens with the following reasons;RESOURCE_NOT_OWNEDINTERNAL_POWER_ERROR DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION PFN_LIST_CORRUPT SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONUsing Nirsoft Bluescreen View, I can see the problem is pointing to Ntoskrnl.exe, the most recent...
  4. BSOD with various reasons showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple BSOD's, various reasons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD's, various reasons: I have had multiple BSOD's over the past few weeks and nothing I've done has managed to fix the issue. Some of my error messages include, but are not limited to: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE Most...
  6. Multiple BSOD's, various reasons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD's, various reasons: I have had multiple BSOD's over the past few weeks and nothing I've done has managed to fix the issue. Some of my error messages include, but are not limited to: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE Most...
  7. Multiple BSOD's, various reasons

8. Windows BSOD with various stop codes

Windows BSOD with various stop codes: I have run into several BSODs in the past month, with stop codes PAD_POOL_CALLER, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and more. The frequency of the BSODs is random -- sometimes I see two BSODs within 48 hours, sometimes in weeks or even months. I have owned the...
  9. Windows BSOD with various stop codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD with various stop codes: I have run into several BSODs in the past month, with stop codes PAD_POOL_CALLER, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and more. The frequency of the BSODs is random -- sometimes I see two BSODs within 48 hours, sometimes in weeks or even months. I have owned the...
  10. Frequent BSOD with various reasons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frequent BSOD with various reasons: Hello, I have been getting sporadic BSOD with reasons such as Memory Management or Kernel Security Checks off and on for months. I have tried everything I could find online from updating all my drivers and running the driver verifier to reinstalling windows entirely. As a...