Windows 10: Bsod video_scheduler_internal_error

Discus and support Bsod video_scheduler_internal_error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey! For around a week ago, I started to have blue screens every now and then. Usually happens 2-3 times a day and it can happen at any time. Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jojjen, May 9, 2016.

1. Jojjen Win User

Bsod video_scheduler_internal_error

Hey!
    For around a week ago, I started to have blue screens every now and then. Usually happens 2-3 times a day and it can happen at any time.

Error code is VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR. What I've done so far is to update my video card drivers.
    Have not noticed any other problems besides this BSOD.

I have used the program BlueScreenView and looked what causes it. It is dxkrnl.sys, dxgmms2.sys and watchdog.sys

Thanks in advance!
    / Johan.Attachment 79052

:)

Jojjen, May 9, 2016

2. BSOD - VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

Hi,

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

BugCheck 119, {1, 216411, 216412, ffffe001bb946010}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ddkmd.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ddkmd.sys

Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!VidSchiVerifyDriverReportedFenceId+78eb )

dxgmms2.sys is a Windows component which means something else drove it into Fault.

From the Stack ddkmd.sys 11/2/2015 OSBASE WDDM Kernel Mode Driver is a driver file from company OSBASE belonging to product OSBASE iDisplay Software.

STACK_TEXT:

00000000`00000000 fffff801`41a1aaa6 : dxgmms2!VidSchDdiNotifyInterrupt+0x7e

00000000`00000000 fffff801`41b5e697 : dxgkrnl!DxgNotifyInterruptCB+0x74

fffff801`41b5e697 00000000`00000000 : ddkmd+0x1f7ad

1. Check with OSBASE Support and drivers.

2. Check with HP Support, their on-line documentation and drivers, and ask in their

forums about any known issues. Update the BIOS, chipset drivers, and the major

on-board and separate device drivers (see driver update methods below).

BiosVersion = F.2A

BiosReleaseDate = 09/18/2015

SystemManufacturer = HP

SystemProductName = HP Spectre x360 Convertible

SystemSKU = N5S03UA#ABA

BaseBoardManufacturer = HP

BaseBoardProduct = 804E

BaseBoardVersion = 33.10

HP Support/Troubleshooting & Drivers

HP Technical Support, Help, and Troubleshooting | HP® Customer Support

Contact HP

Contact HP | HP® Official Site

HP Forums

Home - HP Support Forum

3. McAfee may be involved so uninstall it and then run the McAfee Removal Tool to

prevent trouble causing remnants. Use Windows Defender which in Windows 8/8.1/10

is a full antivirus. Despite all the hype out there WD is a true superstar.

McAfee Removal Tool

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

List of anti-malware program cleanup/uninstall tools

List of anti-malware product removal tools

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common Windows antivirus software

As needed use ALL the methods in the troubleshooters below.

5. If needed run Driver Verifier to see if it can indicate a CAUSE (see Driver Verifier

methods below).

======================================================

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

BBCode: 119 0x00000119 <-- read this link

The video scheduler has encountered an unexpected fatal error.

Bug Check 0x119 VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
    <- read this link

Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

==================================================

This utility makes it easy to see which versions are loaded :

Run DriverView - set VIEW to Hide Microsoft drivers - update those without

Dump in their names (and update BIOS and chipset).

DriverView - Free - utility displays the list of all device drivers currently loaded

on your system. For each driver in the list, additional useful information is

displayed: load address of the driver, description, version, product name,

company that created the driver, and more.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

For Drivers check System Maker as fallbacks and Device Maker's which are the

most current. Right Click the Start Button- Device Manager - Display Adapter - write down the make and complete model of your video adapter - double click - Driver's

tab - write down the version info. Now click UPdate Driver (this may not do anything as MS is far behind certifying drivers) - then Right Click - Uninstall - REBOOT this will refresh the driver stack.

Repeat that for Network - Network Card (NIC), Wifi, Sound, Mouse and Keyboard

if 3rd party with their own software and drivers and any other major device drivers

you have.

Now go to System Maker's site (Dell, HP, Toshiba as examples) (as rollback) and

then Device Maker's site (Realtek, Intel, Nvidia, ATI as examples) and get their

latest versions. (Look for BIOS, Chipset, and software updates at System Maker's

site while there.)

Download - SAVE - go to where you put them - Right Click - RUN AD ADMIN -

REBOOT after each installation.

Always check in Device Manager - Drivers tab to be sure the version you are

installing actually shows up. This is because some drivers rollback before the

latest is installed (sound drivers particularly do this) so install a driver - reboot

- check to be sure it is installed and repeat as needed.

Repeat at Device Makers - BTW at Device Makers DO NOT RUN THEIR SCANNER -

heck manually by model.

Manually look at manufacturer's sites for drivers - and Device Maker's sites.

How to Find and Download Drivers

====================================================

Memory tests do not catch all errors such as mismatched memory (possible even

for sticks that appear to be identical) and when faster memory is placed in system

behind slower memory. So it is best to also swap sticks in and out to check for

those even if all memory tests fail to show a problem.

To test RAM check here - let it run 4+ hours or so. <-- best method

www.memtest.org

MemTestX86 - Test RAM With

MemTest86+ - Test RAM

For the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Type in Cortana's search box -> Windows Memory Diagnostics

at top of list - click it. in Windows 8/8.1/10 the name is "Windows Memory

Diagnostic".

================================================

After doing ALL the updates you can, and if the issue continues, then run

DriverVerifier.

Driver Verifier can help find some BSOD issues :

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

How To Troubleshoot Driver Problems in Windows Vista or 7. (8/8.1 and 10

are essentially the same).

http://www.winvistaclub.com/t79.html

Using Driver Verifier

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...448(v=vs.85).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

WINKEY + X - RUN - type in -> verifier /reset hit enter to disable

Use BlueScreenView to see if there is a driver specified in the error message.

Also check with MyEventViewer at the time of the BlueScreen.

If DriverVerifier creates a minidump upload it and post the link here so we can

analyze it.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, May 9, 2016
  3. BSOD - VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

I see this is happening to more than just me, but I thought I would post here an with the dmp files. I've been getting the BSOD (three times today) with VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR and a Windows 10 popup notification about a "video driver for Windows
    8 has stopped working". Below are links to the dmp files.

DMP file 1 2:47 pm

DMP file 2 5:37 pm

DMP file 3 7:29 pm

Many thanks!

JAMEYJENNINGS, May 9, 2016
  4. zztemp Win User

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

Please remove all pirated programs and such from your system before we can start troubleshooting.
    The Forum rules is meant for everything regarding piracy

• Discussing it,
    • Asking for guidance,
    • Asking for a crack,
    • The use of it,
    • Etc.

4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).

Code: 0.0.0.0 microsoftoffice.112.2o7.net C:\Program Files\KMSpico\AutoPico.exe.[/quote] To verity, it seems you have no legit windows version, also the Genuine.txt is missing from the file-collector.

zztemp, May 9, 2016
  5. Jojjen Win User
    Hello again! I've removed that program. Im not using it. What you are saying about my Windows isn't legit is false. I am using Microsoft Education that i got via Dreamspark. The same as Office. I am using Office 365.
    Thanks for helping me!
    Attachment 79068Attachment 79069

To verity, it seems you have no legit windows version, also the Genuine.txt is missing from the file-collector.[/quote]

Jojjen, May 9, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    That the genuine.txt is missing is probably because Jojjen has uploaded the same zip as from Windows 7 Help Forums although I asked to download the DM Log Collector from ww.tenforums.com.
    @Jojjen, please run following command in an admin command prompt, make a screenshot of the pop-up and post it.
    Code: slmgr /dlv[/quote] It seems KMSpico has been used on your system.
    Code: Event[6209]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-TaskScheduler Date: 2016-05-09T17:09:45.767 Event ID: 414 Task: Felaktigt konfigurerad aktivitet Level: Varning Opcode: Information Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-68EGBHH Description: Tjänsten Schemaläggaren hittade en felaktig konfiguration i NT TASK\AutoPico Daily Restart-definitionen. Ytterligare data: Felvärde: C:\Program Files\KMSpico\AutoPico.exe.[/quote]

axe0, May 9, 2016
  7. Jojjen Win User
    I'm really sorry. Do you want me to use the dm log collector from this forum?
    Here is the printscreen. Attachment 79082
    It seems KMSpico has been used on your system.
    Code: Event[6209]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-TaskScheduler Date: 2016-05-09T17:09:45.767 Event ID: 414 Task: Felaktigt konfigurerad aktivitet Level: Varning Opcode: Information Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-68EGBHH Description: Tjänsten Schemaläggaren hittade en felaktig konfiguration i NT TASK\AutoPico Daily Restart-definitionen. Ytterligare data: Felvärde: C:\Program Files\KMSpico\AutoPico.exe.[/quote] [/quote]

Jojjen, May 9, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Yes, as I mentioned at Windows 7 Help Forums the tools are slightly different.

The activation looks fine.

axe0, May 9, 2016
  9. Jojjen Win User
    Here is the Windows 10 DM Log.
    Attachment 79085

It seems KMSpico has been used on your system.
    Code: Event[6209]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-TaskScheduler Date: 2016-05-09T17:09:45.767 Event ID: 414 Task: Felaktigt konfigurerad aktivitet Level: Varning Opcode: Information Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-68EGBHH Description: Tjänsten Schemaläggaren hittade en felaktig konfiguration i NT TASK\AutoPico Daily Restart-definitionen. Ytterligare data: Felvärde: C:\Program Files\KMSpico\AutoPico.exe.[/quote] [/quote]

Jojjen, May 9, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
  11. zztemp Win User
    Hi,

Ok so i've looked at your files and your system.
    You have no overclock running and memory is running at the correct speed.

All dumps show the same stopcode, being Bugcheck 119 (VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR).
    The cause can be any number of things.
    This is usually due to :
    1) problem with video drivers
    2) problem with (any) hardware
    3) problem with MOBO-drivers / BIOS

The first thing that i've noticed is that your have a problem with two hardward-devices mentioned in msinfo32:

Code: Inte tillgängligt ROOT\MEDIA\0002 The drivers for this device are not installed. Inte tillgängligt ROOT\MEDIA\0003 The drivers for this device are not installed.[/quote] I believe it to be some sort of Plug-and-play device.
    Could you go to start->control panel->hardware and see if there are any problems with hardware devices?
    They will have an exclamationmark if there is any problem. Which device is the problem?

Furthermore you said that you re-installed the video drivers.
    When you re-installed your drivers, did you fully delete all old drivers? If not, this can be reason for the computer to crash.
    I would advice to re-install the drivers by first using DDU and then install your AMD Radeon R9 200 Series drivers again.

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.7.5.5

Bsod video_scheduler_internal_error [​IMG]

You would select AMD in stead of Nvidia (could not find correct printscreen).

Try these two things and see if those help. If not report back and we will tackle this once again.

zztemp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bsod video_scheduler_internal_error - Similar Threads - Bsod video_scheduler_internal_error

2. VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSOD issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSOD issue: Hi everyone! I have no knowledge about this and I badly want help. My less than a month old laptop has been auto restarting with a VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSOD issue. I don't know what to do....
  3. VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSOD issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSOD issue: Hi everyone! I have no knowledge about this and I badly want help. My less than a month old laptop has been auto restarting with a VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSOD issue. I don't know what to do....
  4. Windows 11 BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 119

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 119: I got myself hacked back in early August and had to do a Windows 11 reformat on my laptop that I'm currently typing on right now. Ever since I reformatted my laptop, I keep getting BSODs with the error codes Event ID 41 and VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 119. I need help on...
  5. Windows 11 BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 119

Windows 11 BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 119: I got myself hacked back in early August and had to do a Windows 11 reformat on my laptop that I'm currently typing on right now. Ever since I reformatted my laptop, I keep getting BSODs with the error codes Event ID 41 and VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 119. I need help on...
  6. BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR: What could be causing it?VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 119The video scheduler has detected that fatal violation has occurred. This resultedin a condition that video scheduler can no longer progress. Any other values afterparameter 1 must be individually examined according to...
  7. BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR: What could be causing it?VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 119The video scheduler has detected that fatal violation has occurred. This resultedin a condition that video scheduler can no longer progress. Any other values afterparameter 1 must be individually examined according to...
  8. BSOD video_scheduler_internal_error whenever I enable NVIDIA GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD video_scheduler_internal_error whenever I enable NVIDIA GPU: Hi.I've been experiencing BSODs for the last two days, the same error video scheduler internal error persists. I have tried reinstalling Windows, changing GPU driver version to older ones, checking disks and running other commands like "sfc /scannow", etc, but nothing has...
  9. Getting VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSOD, BluescreenView states the file names:...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSOD, BluescreenView states the file names:...: Hello, This is my first post on here, and I have a problem with my first PC build. I am getting alot of BSOD's, a few have to do with the RAM memory kit I have installed, but that is another subject for another day. I actually get this BSOD sometimes, where it states...
  10. Getting BSOD error "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" on brand new PC when I added RTX 3070...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting BSOD error "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" on brand new PC when I added RTX 3070...: Hello, Built my brand new pc about two weeks ago, and last week I finally added my GPU, a Gigabyte OC Rtx 3070. Since then I have been having blue screen crashes frequently at random with the same error code "Video Scheduler Internal Error". I can force the blue screen by...