Windows 10: BSOD w/ multiple error messages; corrupt files can't be fixed by SFC

Discus and support BSOD w/ multiple error messages; corrupt files can't be fixed by SFC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I keep getting blue screens randomly with different messages, including KERNEL_INPAGE_ERROR, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, and more. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by honeycutt, Jan 8, 2016.

1. honeycutt Win User

BSOD w/ multiple error messages; corrupt files can't be fixed by SFC

Hi everyone,

I keep getting blue screens randomly with different messages, including KERNEL_INPAGE_ERROR, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, and more. It doesn't seem to be associated with any particular app or thing that I do. This morning, I woke up to find that is BSODed in the middle of the night for apparently no reason.

I have tried SFC /SCANNOW (corrupt files can't be fixed), DISM restore_health, reinstalling Windows, check disk... You name it.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

honeycutt, Jan 8, 2016

2. Two brand new Surface Pro 4 with sfc /scannow corrupted files after Windows update

Follow the instructions at How to fix corrupt Windows 10 , then re-run sfc /scannow to get past the "can't fix corrupted files" problem. It has
    worked for me on multiple machines.

RobertMoser, Jan 8, 2016
  3. Video TDR Failure what failed atikpag.sys

Hello Michael,

I ran SFC and DISM and they did not find any integrity violations or corruption.

I still receive the BSOD and TDR Video error message only when my PC comes out of sleep mode.

Thank You

Kary

KaryLong III, Jan 8, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD w/ multiple error messages; corrupt files can't be fixed by SFC [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

axe0, Jan 8, 2016
  5. honeycutt Win User
    I ran the HD Tune tests, and the error scan came back with 0.0% damaged blocks. I have attached the screenshots you requested.

SeaTools would not detect any drives, and I couldn't figure out how to get that to work. I tried running the Windows versions of the tool.

honeycutt, Jan 9, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

axe0, Jan 9, 2016
  7. honeycutt Win User
    Memtest ran 9 passes with no errors. What next?

honeycutt, Jan 11, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Diagnostics Test
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.
    If the problem still persist, try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD w/ multiple error messages; corrupt files can't be fixed by SFC - Similar Threads - BSOD multiple error

2. SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.: I need help, I've rebooted my Pc 3 times now but everything still crashes. Even with a clean state it says I still have corrupt files. I have no idea what to do.Browser crashes after 5 minutes, Steam and games crashes every time I load it up. I basically can't use the pc...
  3. SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.: I need help, I've rebooted my Pc 3 times now but everything still crashes. Even with a clean state it says I still have corrupt files. I have no idea what to do.Browser crashes after 5 minutes, Steam and games crashes every time I load it up. I basically can't use the pc...
  4. SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Fix sfc /scannow corrupt file "vmbusr.sys"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix sfc /scannow corrupt file "vmbusr.sys"?: I was trying to scan my PC by Command Prompt using sfc /scannow and got hit by the message that Windows unfortunately cannot fix my corrupt file. I've tried everything to fix that by using all the combination of CHKDSK & DISM prompt, installing third party app like MiniTool...
  6. Corrupt files found in SFC but unable to fix, windows update error 0x80070002 and can't...

Corrupt files found in SFC but unable to fix, windows update error 0x80070002 and can't...: Hi, I need help. A few days ago, I encountered a Trojan virus. I immediately quarantined and got rid of it, but I think it's done some damage to my computer because after that, multiple problems sprang up. At first, I found that I couldn't launch a game called Apex Legends...
  7. How to fix SFC Scannow Corrupted files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to fix SFC Scannow Corrupted files: Hello, Being a novice with computers I thought to ask you all before I try something which may make things worse. I've neglected to tun SFC Scannow for a while and I've now fun it a few times as Administrator. I got the "Some corrupted files could not be fixed" result. The...
  8. SFC cannot fix corrupted files

SFC cannot fix corrupted files: Hello, I run sfc on a regular bases and now, for the first time, get the answer that some corrupted file could not be fixed. I tried chkdsk AND Dism-scan, but no change. Then I ran sfc in save mode but no change. What to do? Thanks Win10 Pro, 64 bit, all uptodate,...
  9. sfc /scannow: Can't fix corrupt files with a Repair Install

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow: Can't fix corrupt files with a Repair Install: I have Windows 10 installed on top of Windows 7. When I ran sfc /scannow, I expected to be able to replace the corrupt files with good ones. However, I just did a Repair Install and I still get a message that I have corrupt files and Windows can't fix them. Any other possible...
  10. SFC can't fix corrupted files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC can't fix corrupted files: I just got this problem where windows search does not function (I do not have cortana, using dutch windows). So i thaught i could fix it with SFC /scannow. But with this scan came the message "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix someof...