Windows 10: Bsod w10 1511

Discus and support Bsod w10 1511 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; General response only please. Well, used to get the occassional BSOD in Win 95, 98, maybe once in a while in XP, never in 7, 8 or 8.1. And W10 1st... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mike8, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Mike8 Win User

Bsod w10 1511

General response only please. Well, used to get the occassional BSOD in Win 95, 98, maybe once in a while in XP, never in 7, 8 or 8.1. And W10 1st commercial release seemed OK. BUT Windows 10 1511 (10586.164) seems to give me BSOD may be twice a week to once a month. No apparant consistent reason, viewing WhoCrashed reports.

In the old days you could install a new version of windows in the old dos type environment, reformat and all that first, but this new way of just updating on the fly seems more problematic. Anyone else had issues with the 1500 release.

Incidentially, have all windows updates, satisfactorily run SFC and Chkdisk and mem checker. All drivers are up to date and preferably manufacturers ones where available. I would do a virgin install if I was convinced it would cure all.

Mike

:)

Mike8, Mar 18, 2016

2. bsod ntoskrnl.exe+1642be

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 Professional x64, my system has be crashing on a semi-regular basis with the error ntoskrnl.exe+1642be. I made many attempts to repair with no resolution. Out of desperation, I deleted the partition and installed a new
    copy of W10 and did all of the updates up to 1511. My current build is 10586.11.

Maybe my imagination but it seems that the errors are coming more often once updated to 1511. I continually crash with a bsod ntoskrnl.exe+1642be. I followed the instructions from:

BSOD - DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE - NTOSKRNL.EXE+14d220 - Windows 10 Home 64bit

After installing the verifier and rebooting, all I get is a BSOD before I get the login screen and it then reboots. I used BCDEDIT to change the boot options to Legacy, booted to safe mode and turned
    off verifier. I expected to see a lot of BSOD logs but there were no new ones. So nothing was accomplished.

As I was installing the new W10, I received a BSOD even before it was finished doing the upgrades. So there were no drivers other than Microsoft drivers installed.

I sure could use some guidance on what to do from here, Please.

Bill Shryock

BillShryock, Mar 18, 2016
  3. BSOD with the error Video_TDR_Failure (NVLDDMKM.SYS) with NVIDIA 630M and windows 10

Same here with a Toshiba Qosmio X300 Nvidia GF 9800M GTX 1GB, upgrade from Windows 8.1 to W10.

With W8.1 no pb, driver 341.44. With W10 M$ installed 341.74 and gives this BSOD. Installed W8.1 driver 341.44 and W10 works without ANY BSOD. Was difficult to install because BSOD came very fast after boot.

Hope M$ will find a solution.

EricMottier, Mar 18, 2016
  4. Bsod w10 1511

Mike.

Please if you want our help then please look at this tutorial and remember to run the tool as an administrator:
    BSOD posting instructions

Cheers, Boris *Smile

BorisTheAnimal, Mar 18, 2016
Thema:

Bsod w10 1511

1. Bsod w10 1511 - Similar Threads - Bsod w10 1511

2. W10 BSOD. A lot of kinds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 BSOD. A lot of kinds.: Hello, I am new to the forum. I have an Acer Nitro 7 AN715-51 laptop, bought about two years ago. Since about 6 months of purchase date, it started crashing BSOD for different reasons, of many types and names that I no longer have registered. This behavior started with one of...
  3. BSOD & W10 Crashing

BSOD & W10 Crashing: Good day to you. Might you be able to help with diagnosing why W10 seems to be crashing and/or restarting without any apparent reason? Sometimes there are event errors or warnings leading up to a restart or crash, other times there does not seem to be any event that triggered...
  4. BSoD crashes on w10

BSoD crashes on w10: In the last 2 months my HP PC with W10 installed has started to crash more and more frequently with BSoD with. Different motivations : “critical process died” lmost frequently . Windows update has been always running After some standard cleaning ,restarting,chrome...
  5. W10 bsod

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 bsod: I recently updated my windows to this august update which people are reporting to be somehow problematic, it's been 2 days since I updated it and had no problems but right now got a BSOD with the code KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR What should I do? Uninstall the update?...
  6. BSOD Error W10 - KERNAL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQ L

BSOD Error W10 - KERNAL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQ L: Hi, i have been having BSOD crashes happen on my computer quite often recently. Most recently it happened in the middle of me streaming a video game with Steamlabs OBS BSOD Error Code: KERNAL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL This is the most recent BSOD crash,...
  7. May 2019 Windows 10 Updates and ver 1511 BSOD

May 2019 Windows 10 Updates and ver 1511 BSOD: Good morning all - We have three older machines (two i3's and one i5) in our office that for one reason or another have not been updated to 1803. We allowed the May updates last weekend to be deployed via WSUS. We like to wait for obvious reasons. However, we are seeing...
  8. Loop BSOD on W10.

Loop BSOD on W10.: Hello, Starting 22nd of April, my pc started to be in BSOD loop, even without logged in. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors Basically, all but the last 1 error message from above url showed on the BSOD without...
  9. Persistent BSOD W10

Persistent BSOD W10: Lenovo P51 Thinkpad running W10 Pro (latest version). All drivers are up to date. Memory test cleared. Scannow test cleared. No virus etc. P51 ran fine for the first couple of months. Issues have cropped up over last month: Repeated BSOD - at least once daily. Codes...
  10. is it resolved...Applocker bsod in Windows 10 Ent in 1511 version

is it resolved...Applocker bsod in Windows 10 Ent in 1511 version: there used to be a BSOD with appid.sys in November 1511 version whenever we enforce or even just enable dll rules in applocker. Is it resolved with February Cumulative Update 41974