Windows 10: BSOD Watchdog on Windows 10, Seemingly Random

Discus and support BSOD Watchdog on Windows 10, Seemingly Random in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone! This is my first post here. My computer has been fine until I updated it to windows 10 from win 8. I have been getting Watchdog violations... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by benjammin24, Feb 2, 2016.

1. BSOD Watchdog on Windows 10, Seemingly Random

Hi everyone! This is my first post here. My computer has been fine until I updated it to windows 10 from win 8. I have been getting Watchdog violations randomly every 30 min to 3 hours since the update. One error report analyzed via WhoCrashed showed it might be my wifi adapter, so I updated that driver, but that hasn't fixed the problem. I will attach the bug reports below. Also sorry If I am doing anything incorrectly!

Any Ideas?
    Thanks!

Attachment 62143 Here's the zip file

:)

benjammin24, Feb 2, 2016
  2. Neilcs Win User

Seemingly random BSODs

Running with verifier crashed immediately upon booting. Dump file is here: 100616 crash dump

Crash was caused by intcdaud.sys.

On Fri 10/7/2016 12:10:53 AM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100616-22468-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: intcdaud.sys (IntcDAud+0x1F602)

Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2000, 0xFFFFF802DFC1F602, 0x0, 0x20437A41)

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\intcdaud.sys

product: Intel(R) Display Audio

company: Intel(R) Corporation

description: Intel(R) Display Audio Driver

Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: intcdaud.sys (Intel(R) Display Audio Driver, Intel(R) Corporation).

Google query: Intel(R) Corporation DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

On Fri 10/7/2016 12:10:53 AM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: intcdaud.sys (IntcDAud+0x1F602)

Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2000, 0xFFFFF802DFC1F602, 0x0, 0x20437A41)

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\intcdaud.sys

product: Intel(R) Display Audio

company: Intel(R) Corporation

description: Intel(R) Display Audio Driver

Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: intcdaud.sys (Intel(R) Display Audio Driver, Intel(R) Corporation).

Google query: Intel(R) Corporation DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Neilcs, Feb 2, 2016
  3. Seemingly random BSODs

These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver).

Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem. Please run verifier first. You do not need to run memtest yet unless verifier does not find the cause, or you want to.

If you are over-clocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
    In other words STOP!!! If you do not know what this means you probably are not

1-Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)

2-Memtest. (You can read more about running memtest here)

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 2, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD Watchdog on Windows 10, Seemingly Random

Be sure to update your Qualcomm network drivers
    Drivers | Qualcomm or QUALCOMM / ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros的驅動程序)
    Code: ffffd000`24256248 fffff801`76a83b8cUnable to load image athw10x.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athw10x.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athw10x.sys athw10x+0x163b8c 0: kd> lmvm athw10x start end module name fffff800`cfeb0000 fffff800`d02e8000 athw10x T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: athw10x.sys Image path: athw10x.sys Image name: athw10x.sys Timestamp: Fri Aug 14 12:03:30 2015 (55CDBCF2) CheckSum: 0042ECD3 ImageSize: 00438000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Let me know how it goes

axe0, Feb 3, 2016
  5. Hi, and Thanks for the reply! I have updated the driver using the antheros.cz " Atheros driver 10.0.0.326 for AR9287" But have been still having the same problems, which makes me think there is another problem somewhere else, or that this driver is still wack. Should I uninstall the driver then re-install? I might just disable or remove my wifi card to see if there is anything else causing it.

Anything else that could be causing the problem?

benjammin24, Feb 4, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    All crashes that I have analysed flagged the network drivers.

You could try a few things yes,like
    • Removing the drivers and installing again
    • Trying different version of the drivers
    • Removing the card
    Although per your description it sounds like driver issues, hardware problems can't be ignored.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD Watchdog on Windows 10, Seemingly Random [​IMG]

BSOD Watchdog on Windows 10, Seemingly Random [​IMG]

axe0, Feb 4, 2016
  7. So most likely there is a problem with my wifi card drivers? I can mess around a little with older drivers maybe.
    Updated my specs

Computer typeBSOD Watchdog on Windows 10, Seemingly Random :pC/Desktop
    CPU:AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor
    Motherboard:Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 970A-UD3P
    Memory:8.00 GB
    Graphics Card(s):AMD Radeon R9 280x
    Sound Card (1) AMD High Definition Audio Device (2) VIA HD Audio(Win 10)
    Hard Drives:ST1000DM003-1CH162

benjammin24, Feb 4, 2016
  8. BSOD Watchdog on Windows 10, Seemingly Random

I uninstalled the driver for my wireless card, then reinstalled. It said something malfunctioned or there was a virus messing with the drivers, so I uninstalled and restarted my computer. I'm running malwarebytes now, and reinstalled the newest drivers. It worked this time, saying nothing is wrong. I did not have that message while experiencing crashes, so I don't know what caused the message. Hopefully this fixed the problem, but only time will tell. Could be a few hours or a couple days to know if I am crash free.

I'll keep you posted, and I'm taking any other suggestions too!
    Thanks!

benjammin24, Feb 4, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Feb 4, 2016
  10. I have symantec now, since it is free from my school. Full scanned a couple times and found some stuff, but still crashing. I'm going to try manually deleting the driver software, and using an old version. My wifi card is a TP-Link TL-WN881ND, but it reads as a qualcomm AR9287.

Still getting the message: This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)

Any other ideas? Thanks for your help!

benjammin24, Feb 8, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    If you upload a new zip I may be get some ideas *Smile

FYI, the ntkrnlmp and other similar files are never the actual cause, these files are the core of Windows.
    The KeBugCheckEx is the function that 'paints' the bluescreen, also never the reason of a bluescreen as it is being called when something earlier went wrong.

12. Here is a new zip.

Thanks for the help.

benjammin24, Feb 9, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

My recommendation is to either update/reinstall the drivers/software for the TP-Link card or remove it to see if that solves the bluescreens.

With analysis I went back till 4th of this month, all of the dumps are caused by the drivers of the TP-Link card.
    Code: ffffd000`21a97338 fffff801`c6813b8cUnable to load image athw10x.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athw10x.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athw10x.sys athw10x+0x163b8c 0: kd> lmvm athwnx start end module name fffff800`57f20000 fffff800`58340000 athwnx T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: athwnx.sys Image path: athwnx.sys Image name: athwnx.sys Timestamp: Mon Apr 27 04:56:55 2015 (553DA577) CheckSum: 0040C98A ImageSize: 00420000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]
    There is also a possibility for updating the BIOS, but the more recent version is a BETA and I don't recommend to use BETA unless you're willing to deal with more problems and are prepared for stability and possible boot problems.

14. Thanks for the update. I have been looking for a win 10 driver for the tp-link card but can't seem to find one. I'll dig around a little more, or could I delete the previous driver and replace with win 8 driver?

benjammin24, Feb 9, 2016
  15. I'm having troubles finding the right driver that will work for my wifi card.
    My wifi card is a TP-Link TL-WN881ND, but it reads as a qualcomm AR9287.
    I have no clue what to do. I tried the latest qualcomm one but it still crashes, and I cant force an older version since it tells me I'm up to date when I try to use an older one. How can I force an old driver?

benjammin24, Feb 9, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD Watchdog on Windows 10, Seemingly Random - Similar Threads - BSOD Watchdog Seemingly

2. Multiple seemingly random BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple seemingly random BSODs: I went to my friends house for 3 days and left the computer on during that time. When I returned I noticed that I receive multiple BSODs for seemingly no reason.I have tried some commands in cmd prompt like: "sfc /scannow" and "chkdsk" along with dism. I have also ran the...
  3. Multiple seemingly random BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple seemingly random BSODs: I went to my friends house for 3 days and left the computer on during that time. When I returned I noticed that I receive multiple BSODs for seemingly no reason.I have tried some commands in cmd prompt like: "sfc /scannow" and "chkdsk" along with dism. I have also ran the...
  4. Multiple seemingly random BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random BSOD's, WATCHDOG, IRQL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD's, WATCHDOG, IRQL: All basic troubleshooting steps done;sfc scannow - Donememory check - DoneHDD check with HDSentinel and random write operations - DoneFresh install - DoneHere are the dumps.https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlCY-p95NAiDgnelDWMaffnXiLEG...
  6. Random BSOD's, WATCHDOG, IRQL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD's, WATCHDOG, IRQL: All basic troubleshooting steps done;sfc scannow - Donememory check - DoneHDD check with HDSentinel and random write operations - DoneFresh install - DoneHere are the dumps.https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlCY-p95NAiDgnelDWMaffnXiLEG...
  7. Random BSOD's, WATCHDOG, IRQL

8. Seemingly Random BSOD's

Seemingly Random BSOD's: Hi everyone, I've had a problem for a while with my computer where it seems to randomly Blue Screen. I've been trying to figure out what's been going on for a while when I was finally directed to the Event Viewer. Here was the latest BSOD error I had. The computer has...
  9. Seemingly random BSOD's

Seemingly random BSOD's: Hey! So I made a new build back in September, and have been getting what seems to be random BSOD's since. It varies, but it happens once or twice a day, on average. It might be a coincidence, but it does not seem to happen while gaming. I have tried updating various drivers...
  10. Seemingly Random BSoD

Seemingly Random BSoD: Hello, I bought a Laptop about six months ago, and immediatly expirienced crashes. They happen seemingly at random. No matter what I'm doing, and the error on the BSoD has given a variaty of reasons over the months. I've done two or three clean installs of windows 10 and...