Windows 10: BSOD watching videos on youtube, error Watchdog Violation.

Discus and support BSOD watching videos on youtube, error Watchdog Violation. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I watch a video this happens... I'm so tired I have been trying to fix it for 10 hours... I uploaded the dmp files that I found in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CancerDatBoi, Jun 30, 2017.

1. BSOD watching videos on youtube, error Watchdog Violation.

Every time I watch a video this happens... I'm so tired I have been trying to fix it for 10 hours...
    I uploaded the dmp files that I found in the minidumps mappa.

Btw this problem doesn't occur when i watch Twitch.tv or play games.
    Also I have windows 10
    I5 6300 HQ
    Geforce 950M
    8GB DDR4

:)

CancerDatBoi, Jun 30, 2017
  2. LukeH0504 Win User

Stop Error Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

I was watching some normal YouTube videos and then my laptop suddenly went to an OSoD (Orange Screen of Death). The stop error was DPC Watchdog Violation and it was caused by ntoskrnl.exe. This is the third time I have seen this error and they all happened
    while watching youtube. This is the first time it has been orange however.

LukeH0504, Jun 30, 2017
  3. MF_353 Win User
    DPC Watchdog Violation

So it's been a few days since I last had a BSOD but today when I was watching a YouTube video I got the DPC Watchdog Violation blue screen again.

Minidump link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhSD5wnAru9NtG4P19BWSErEKtXK

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

MF_353, Jun 30, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD watching videos on youtube, error Watchdog Violation.

If you follow the instructions posted at the top you will be able to provide more logfiles that can help us diagnose the problem.

From the dump files it is clear that the network driver (rtwlane.sys) is being suggested as the possible cause. Your driver seems up to date but is a lot newer than the ASUS recommended one for your notebook. I would suggest you try the older ASUS provided driver and you may need to prevent Windows from updating the device drivers to avoid it being overwritten again.

Link to drivers: X550VX Driver & Tools | Laptops | ASUS Global

philc43, Jun 30, 2017
  5. WoW that seems to have solved the problem, but I'm not quite sure yet, because I have only been browsing youtube for like 30 minutes. Thanks the help.

CancerDatBoi, Jul 1, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    zbook, Jul 1, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    Please let us know if the older Realtek driver is working OK for you. A lot of recent posts have been about this type of BSOD and so anything you can share of your experience in fixing it will be appreciated.

philc43, Jul 2, 2017
  8. jetomy Win User

Hi everyone, I'm new here, I hope I'm not doing things wrong.
    I have the same laptop and the same issue than CancerDatBoi, so I guess geting the older asus driver will solve my problem to ! (as CancerDatBoi, all my driver are up to date).
    But there is so many driver on the asus link that philc43 has given, wich driver must be re download ? Only the realtek one ?
    Sorry if I didn't post my .zip file, I didn't do it because I have the same laptop and issue than CancerDatBoi

jetomy, Jul 3, 2017
  9. dentrian Win User
    Hi i have the same problem with the same pc but i dont know which driver is the responisble for the problem can u help me?

dentrian, Jul 7, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    Hi dentrian,

See if you can start your own thread so we can keep things focused on one computer in each thread.

Thank you

zbook, Jul 7, 2017
  11. I have the same laptop and the same problem :&
    ASUS X550VX
    i7 6700hq
    Windows 10
    8GB RAM
    HDD 1 Tera

Does any one know if it is possible to upgrade the display panel for one with 1080p resolution?

poderpelon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD watching videos on youtube, error Watchdog Violation. - Similar Threads - BSOD watching videos

2. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube videos: Hello, I've been getting DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube. It has happened twice now last week. Before the BSOD my laptop will freeze with a loud buzzing noise. Last month I also experienced BSODs but with a different error code. Last month's code was Kernel...
  3. BSOD when I was watching a YouTube video DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

BSOD when I was watching a YouTube video DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION: I faced the BSOD several each time watch video on youtube or vimeo. Basically online videos. Then I updated my nvidia driver and it resolved for few hours maybe. Then again this s happening. I tried to go to device manager and update drivers IDE ATA/ATAPI controller, Tried...
  4. BSOD when watching Youtube(videos) Stopcode is Watchdog Violation

BSOD when watching Youtube(videos) Stopcode is Watchdog Violation: Hi, I've been having BSODs for about a week now and it only happens when I'm watching videos on youtube (also happens when it is playing in the background), I've looked around for solutions but to no avail, I've recently tried a full reset which seemed to work momentarily but...
  5. BSOD while watching Youtube videos: DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD while watching Youtube videos: DPC Watchdog Violation: I keep getting a BSOD every time I try to watch Youtube videos. It is always a DPC Watchdog Violation. I recently updated to a new windows version after having issues after doing a reset. Windows 10 i7-7500U Intel HD Graphics 620 92670
  6. BSOD Watchdog Violation everytime I try to to watch a video on youtube

BSOD Watchdog Violation everytime I try to to watch a video on youtube: Recently I have been having many BSOD DPC Watchdog Violations while watching youtube. It doesn't seem to happen while playing a game like Rome Total War though occasionally it stutters a bit. I noticed that this only started happening recently and I think it is due to an...
  7. BSOD while watching youtube videos, DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD while watching youtube videos, DPC Watchdog Violation: For the past few days I have been getting a BSOD while watching youtube videos. I've been updating some drivers to try and fix the problem but it's not working. As far as I know, there hasn't been a recent windows 10 update that caused this, it just started happening. 87995
  8. BSOD (Watchdog Violation) when watching youtube videos

BSOD (Watchdog Violation) when watching youtube videos: Hi, my young daughers notebook (HP Stream 13 SSD) has begun crashing randomly with BSOD when she is watching youtube videos. It only happens on youtube / video streaming, all other uses (word, general internet usage etc..) are fine. Have ran malwarebytes on it and no malware....
  9. BSOD watching Youtube Video, DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD watching Youtube Video, DPC Watchdog Violation: In the couple past of days after Windows 10 updated by itself, my computer has been crashing every hour while I'm attempting to watch some youtube videos. This is getting out of hand and I have no idea what to do to fix this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 67073
  10. BSOD while watching videos on Youtube, error Watchdog Violation

BSOD while watching videos on Youtube, error Watchdog Violation: Every time while I watch Youtube videos suddenly my screen freezes and then restarts again. Im so tired of this.. I saw a thread of the same problem and people sent him a link from ASUS website to replace his driver. I also saw he posted a dump file but personally I dont...