Windows 10: BSOD watching Youtube & VLC (DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

Discus and support BSOD watching Youtube & VLC (DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Since a couple of weeks ago the problem started. At the beginning it only appears from time to time, but since yesterday the problem persists... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidCP, Jul 10, 2017.

1. DavidCP Win User

BSOD watching Youtube & VLC (DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

Hi,

Since a couple of weeks ago the problem started. At the beginning it only appears from time to time, but since yesterday the problem persists and it is impossible to use VLC or to watch a video on Youtube.

I always get the same BSOD with DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I already look for info in this very same forum, but I tried a couple of things that doesn't fix the problem:
    • I tried Driver Easy to make sure that I have all the drivers updated.
    • I tried to use an old version for the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.
    • I set the default driver for the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.

Some info about my laptop:
    • Asus R510V
    • i7 6700HQ
    • 8GB RAM
    • 120GB SSD (Windows here)
    • 1TB HDD
    • Using AVG Internet Security.

Also, I attach the log files.

I hope you guys can tell me how to fix this problem.

Thanks and regards!

:)

DavidCP, Jul 10, 2017

2. received error : Bad_Pool_Header causes BSOD while watching YouTube

While watching YouTube, I notice some stuttering. At first i thought it was just internet connection issue. However, I experienced BSOD because of Bad Pool Header. I attached a link to the computer's WPR

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Thank You

original title: Bad_Pool_Header causes BSOD while watching YouTube

Daniel_N_1609, Jul 10, 2017
  3. TyLe Minh Win User
    BSOD 0x00000124

I noticed bsod often appear when I watch long video Youtube (watched by Edge) or movie (watched K-Lite codec and Windows Movies & TV) in external drive. May it occur because GPU (temperature, driver, ...)?

TyLe Minh, Jul 10, 2017
  4. BSOD watching Youtube & VLC (DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

One of the main reasons for this is that the act of pirating the software will inevitably change the working of the software and make investigation and repair impossible. Please install a legitimate copy of the software and if you are still experiencing the issue we will be please to assist - No further assistance will be provided until we are satisfied that the software is genuine.

BSODHunter, Jul 10, 2017
  5. DavidCP Win User
    My bad. I'm sorry. I'm going to install a legitimate copy of W10 and if the problem persists I will tell you guys.

Thanks and sorry.

DavidCP, Jul 10, 2017
  6. No problem for me. If your problem persists we are happy to help you.

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD watching Youtube & VLC (DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

1. BSOD watching Youtube & VLC (DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) - Similar Threads - BSOD watching Youtube

2. BSOD while watching YouTube on Chrome.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while watching YouTube on Chrome.: For the past couple of weeks, I've been getting a blue screen crash any time I watch YouTube videos on Google Chrome. The blue screens range from Page Fault in Nonpaged Area to Memory Management. I've tried updating my drivers, updating my OS, doing a DISM check and repair,...
  3. BSOD while watching YouTube on Chrome.

BSOD while watching YouTube on Chrome.: For the past couple of weeks, I've been getting a blue screen crash any time I watch YouTube videos on Google Chrome. The blue screens range from Page Fault in Nonpaged Area to Memory Management. I've tried updating my drivers, updating my OS, doing a DISM check and repair,...
  4. BSOD watching youtube

BSOD watching youtube: Hello everyone. I have the blue screen problem (Dpc_watchdog_violation) only when I watch video on youtube. Not during video on VLC nor twich.tv... Only with youtube, and with every browser. I think I have all my driver up to date (but I can make a mistake, because my...
  5. BSOD watching videos (youtube, twitch, VLC)

BSOD watching videos (youtube, twitch, VLC): Hi, I had a few BSOD in hte past few days : kmode exception not handled (tcpip.sys). I updated every driver but I didn't help. Attachment 115544 Thanks in advance for the help. 73783
  6. BSOD while watching YouTube videos

BSOD while watching YouTube videos: Hello. Had some BSOD while watching YouTube. And sometimes I go to sleep while watching videos and by the morning I notice the PC had reset. Cannot say if BSOD or an unexpected update, but most likely BSOD. Actually, my no-break's battery has run out of juice, so short...
  7. BSOD while watching a youtube video

BSOD while watching a youtube video: Hello. System specs: CPU: I5-4690k RAM: Kingston Fury 2x4GB MOBO: Z97-D3H GPU:R9 280x PowerColor PSU: NZXT Hale v2 Browser: Google Chrome OS: Windows 10 x64 I was watching a youtube video with ~10 tabs open and I received a BSOD saying that I have kdcom.dll missing...
  8. BSOD playing PoE and watching youtube

BSOD playing PoE and watching youtube: Hello, I recently updated to windows 10 and have been getting BSODS alot more frequently than before. It's the good old driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal (some letters that I cant remember). I suspect that it's my network card thats causing it. I use Killer e2200 PCI-E Gigabit...
  9. BSOD while watching YouTube videos

BSOD while watching YouTube videos: I've gotten three BSODs in the past hour or so while watching fullscreen youtube videos. after the first 2 and some googling it seemed to point to my GPU drivers. I used the AMD uninstall tool to wipe them and then reinstalled the latest drivers. I got another BSOD about 10...
  10. BSOD While watching Youtube Videos

BSOD While watching Youtube Videos: Hey all. For the past few months, I have had BSODs while watching youtube videos. It has happened on both Chrome and Edge, so I don't believe its the browser. I also watch Twitch a lot, and it has never happened while watching that. I've attached the logs as the forum...