Windows 10: BSOD (WHEA Uncorrectable Error) while playing heavy games

Discus and support BSOD (WHEA Uncorrectable Error) while playing heavy games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, For the longest time now I've been getting BSOD's (always WHEA) when playing more graphically intensive games; Assassins Creed Syndicate,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by douglaskim, Aug 29, 2017.

1. BSOD (WHEA Uncorrectable Error) while playing heavy games

Hello,

For the longest time now I've been getting BSOD's (always WHEA) when playing more graphically intensive games; Assassins Creed Syndicate, Mass Effect Andromeda, Rainbow Six Siege and Xcom 2 to name a few.

Ever since I've begun getting this error I've changed my hardware and reinstalling windows in the hopes that I'd fix it. All I have NOT changed in my processor and memory sticks.

I also have a Wacom Cintiq Companion android drawing tablet connected to my computer, sometimes it seems the crashes are less frequent when it's not plugged in, but they don't seem to cease completely.

Attachment 150980

:)

douglaskim, Aug 29, 2017

2. Whea uncorrectible error help.

I have a problem with my computer. My computer gets the blue screen error whea uncorrectible error when I play most of my steam games. What I think is that it is the directx but that is my best guest. I have a windows 10 custom gaming computer.

PatrickSmith_533, Aug 29, 2017
  3. BSOD Constant crashes

I think this started happening to me about 2-4 weeks ago. The Blue screen appears either saying WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR or MACHINE EXCEPTION. It usually happens whenever I play a game. I would like to post dump files for you to somehow analyze what is
    happening.

Smarpey123, Aug 29, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

BSOD (WHEA Uncorrectable Error) while playing heavy games

zbook, Aug 29, 2017
  5. Whoops, sorry. Didn`t notice that.

Here`s the English one.

Attachment 151074

douglaskim, Aug 29, 2017
  6. Spectrum Win User
    Hi Douglas,

From the crash dumps it looks like you are experiencing a hardware error with your CPU.

It doesn't appear like you are overclocking, but just in case, please make sure nothing is set beyond normal limits. You also have the latest firmware installed, so my advice would be to test your CPU.

1.) Use Intel's Processor Diagnostic Tool
    Windows Version
    UEFI Version

2.) Use Prime95 to stress-test your CPU

Code: kd> !errrec ffff980eff044028 =============================================================================== Common Platform Error Record @ ffff980eff044028 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Record Id : 01d316b5fd299b82 Severity : Fatal (1) Length : 928 Creator : Microsoft Notify Type : Machine Check Exception Timestamp : 8/29/2017 20:23:41 (UTC) Flags : 0x00000000 =============================================================================== Section 0 : Processor Generic ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffff980eff0440a8 Section @ ffff980eff044180 Offset : 344 Length : 192 Flags : 0x00000001 Primary Severity : Fatal Proc. Type : x86/x64 Instr. Set : x64 Error Type : Micro-Architectural Error Flags : 0x00 CPU Version : 0x00000000000306c3 Processor ID : 0x0000000000000007 =============================================================================== Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffff980eff0440f0 Section @ ffff980eff044240 Offset : 536 Length : 128 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000007 CPU Id : c3 06 03 00 00 08 10 07 - bf fb fa 7f ff fb eb bf 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Proc. Info 0 @ ffff980eff044240 =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffff980eff044138 Section @ ffff980eff0442c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : Internal timer (Proc 7 Bank 4) Status : 0xbe00000000800400 Address : 0x00007ffcf8ab2dba Misc. : 0x00007ffcf8ab2dba[/quote]

Spectrum, Aug 29, 2017
  7. Hey, Spectrum. Thanks for the input.

I tried the Intel's PDT (although I had already used it in the past) and it returned an all greens pass.
    Then I tried the Prime95 and while it was running my computer crashed again.

Apparently, the crash caused by Prime95 didn't create a minidump.

I also tried opening the computer and cleaning the contacts on the processor and reapplying some thermal paste, but the crashes still happen.

What can I do now?

douglaskim, Sep 3, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

For all tests please post images of the tests results into the thread.
    For Prime95 testing please in addition post information on duration of testing and maximum temperature.

The debugging from 5 days ago indicated WHEA 0x124 which is often related to hardware problems.
    For working up WHEA we test all of the hardware: CPU, GPU, PSU, Drive, RAM/DIMM/MB

Each of the software tests to test hardware has different algorithms.

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    3) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    4) Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting.
    5) Sometimes there are problems in the bios that produce bsod.
    The BIOS: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2110, 4/29/20166) Please check to see if this is the most up to date version.
    7) To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.
    8) Sometimes there can be failure to boot after resetting the bios.
    9) So please make sure your files are backed up.
    10) Please make a backup image with Macrium:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free:
    Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything
    Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything
    11) And please create a brand new restore point.

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:
    How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings

3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

12) When testing for WHEA hardware errors we need to systematically check CPU, GPU, memory and drive.

Some testing was already done but there may have been overclocking and there were no images posted in the thread.

Once the bios is reset and there is no overclocking:

13) Choose one of the temperature monitoring software applications: Speecy, HW monitor, Speed fan:

Speccy - Free Download - Piriform: Speccy - System Information - Free
    Speccy - System Information - Free Download

HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID: HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID
    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer: SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer
    SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

14) Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

15) Record maximum temperatures and duration of testing.

16) Please use the Microsoft snipping tool to post images into the thread.

Take Screenshot in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

17) Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 passes.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

This may take hours so plan to run it overnight.
    Please make sure you use the Memtest86+ version 5.01 with the link below.

The testing is done not by time but by passes.
    The more passes the better.

There are a significant number of false negatives if fewer than 8 passes are made.
    A false negative is a pass when there is malfunctioning RAM.

There is 20 GB of RAM on the computer.
    Memtest86+ version 5.01 testing takes approximately 1 - 2 hours /GB RAM
    Just 1 error is a fail and you can abort testing.
    Then test 1 RAM module at a time in the same DIMM each for 8 or more passes.
    Again the more passes the better.

If both RAM pass when tested 1 at a time after failing when tested together test the next DIMM with 1 RAM module for 8 or more passes. This will help to differentiate malfunctioning RAM from malfunctioning DIMM /Motherboard.

Microsoft Community
    Microsoft Community

18) When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more passes use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture and post an image of the results to post into the thread.

MemTest86+ - Test RAM Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results.

19) Run HD Sentinel:
    Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring
    When it has completed please use the Microsoft snipping to make images and post them into the thread.

20) Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    Please make note of the importance of temperature monitoring and aborting the test in the GPU link.
    FurMark - GPU Stress Test Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials:
    FurMark - GPU Stress Test Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

21) All of these test should be done with the bios reset and no over clocking.

22) For each of the above tests please record maximum temperatures and duration of testing.

24) And please make sure that you use the Microsoft snipping tool to post images of each into the thread.

23) Please update the information on the computer specifications:

Ten Forums System Specificiations (Specs)
    Please fill in your system specs
    Please follow this tutorial and download the tool.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums
    The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling, case, and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, joystick, xbox, headphone, printer, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

Please include PSU, cooler, case, peripherals (mouse, keyboard, joystick) and anything attached to the computer by wireless or wired (printer, headset, xbox, etc.)

24) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste: chkdsk /x /f /r
    This may take many hours to run so plan to run it overnight.

25) Post the chkdsk results into the thread:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

26) Post images of the test results for IPDT:
    Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD (WHEA Uncorrectable Error) while playing heavy games - Similar Threads - BSOD WHEA Uncorrectable

2. Whea Uncorrectable Error while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whea Uncorrectable Error while gaming: Hi! Since last thursday my PC started getting BSOD whit WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I know this means that I probably have some faulty hardware, but I can't find which one. I already tried driver update, BIOS update and did a MemTest86 with 8 passes and 0 errors. My...
  3. Whea Uncorrectable Error while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whea Uncorrectable Error while gaming: Hi! Since last thursday my PC started getting BSOD whit WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I know this means that I probably have some faulty hardware, but I can't find which one. I already tried driver update, BIOS update and did a MemTest86 with 8 passes and 0 errors. My...
  4. WHEA Uncorrectable Error while playing online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA Uncorrectable Error while playing online games: Hello,My PC is having issues shortly after a game with internet connectivity is launched. They may play fine for a short time but then totally locks up the computer and throws the WHEA error. Web browsing and most video players seems to be fine, as well as games that do not...
  5. WHEA Uncorrectable Error while playing online games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA Uncorrectable Error while playing online games: Hello,My PC is having issues shortly after a game with internet connectivity is launched. They may play fine for a short time but then totally locks up the computer and throws the WHEA error. Web browsing and most video players seems to be fine, as well as games that do not...
  6. WHEA Uncorrectable Error while playing online games

7. WHEA Uncorrectable Error while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA Uncorrectable Error while playing games: Hello,I've had an issue with receiving a WHEA Uncorrectable Error while playing certain games. It happens after only being in the game for a few minutes. This issue has been going on for months and I can't seem to figure out a way to fix it. Thank you!...
  8. WHEA Uncorrectable Error while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA Uncorrectable Error while playing games: Hello,I've had an issue with receiving a WHEA Uncorrectable Error while playing certain games. It happens after only being in the game for a few minutes. This issue has been going on for months and I can't seem to figure out a way to fix it. Thank you!...
  9. WHEA Uncorrectable Error while playing games

10. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD while gaming

WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD while gaming: I've had this problem before happen to me but it somehow was fixed after I was told to uninstall Avast as it was rarely known to be the cause of this problem. But this time I've no clue why it came back, it may actually be a hardware problem this time around but since my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error code 260 roblox language:en