Windows 10: Bsod - whea_uncorrectable error

Discus and support Bsod - whea_uncorrectable error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I'm running a new build that was working for two days before it started crashing and giving me multiple BSOD. Mostly when I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nuclear2016, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Bsod - whea_uncorrectable error

Hi everyone!

I'm running a new build that was working for two days before it started crashing and giving me multiple BSOD. Mostly when I'm using After Effects but a lot of the times when I'm using other applications too. Please advise!

:)

nuclear2016, Jun 15, 2016

2. W10 Crashing with BSOD error: WHEA_Uncorrectable Error

Upgraded to W10 from W7 on a Dell Desktop PC and all seemed fine.

When I try to use either of the 2 DVD drives to run a DVD, I get a BSOD and the message "WHEA_Uncorrectable Error" and the machine has to be re-booted.

What should do next?

<Original Title: W10 Crashing>

johnlmcfall, Jun 15, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    W10 Crashing with BSOD error: WHEA_Uncorrectable Error

Hi,

The WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR usually indicates a hardware issue.

Can you see if the same crash occurs if you restart the computer in Safe Mode.

Also, it may help to look at the minidump files from the crashes.

Can you zip up the minidump files in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and make available (provide link) via a public folder on OneDrive or similar site?

Here's a couple of links on using OneDrive (SkyDrive):

OneDrive help - Office Support

Share OneDrive files and folders

If you have problems zipping the minidump files copy the minidump files to another location such as a folder on the Desktop

Also, you do not necessarily have to zip up the minidump files, you can upload them one at a time

auggy, Jun 15, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Bsod - whea_uncorrectable error

Hi nuclear2016,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

The error 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (Windows Hardware Error Architecture) means that there are problems with your hardware, but this error is also caused by overclocking, faulty drivers, overheating, improper seating or BIOS problems.

The error is reported on the L2 cache of the CPU, the differences in cores is remarkeable.
    This could indicate a possible faulty CPU, but I would recommend that you run the tests to verify and ensure nothing else is faulty.
    Code: =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe00005a00138 Section @ ffffe00005a002c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : GCACHEL2_ERR_ERR (Proc 16 Bank 17) Status : 0xbe200000000b110a Address : 0x0000000130300040 Misc. : 0x50fe201095000086 =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe00043400138 Section @ ffffe000434002c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : GCACHEL2_ERR_ERR (Proc 19 Bank 17) Status : 0xbe200000000b110a Address : 0x00000002b04a9c40 Misc. : 0x40fe20508119c086 =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe0003cc21138 Section @ ffffe0003cc212c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : GCACHEL2_ERR_ERR (Proc 37 Bank 17) Status : 0xbe200000000b110a Address : 0x000000012e079c00 Misc. : 0x40fe2010931a4086[/quote]

Bsod - whea_uncorrectable error [​IMG]
    STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting
    Read carefully before proceeding.

*Arrow Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer - Read in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the error scan,
    • the health,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

FOUR
    GPU TEST

Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.
    Make a photo of the result and post it.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

Thema:

Bsod - whea_uncorrectable error

1. Bsod - whea_uncorrectable error - Similar Threads - Bsod whea_uncorrectable error

2. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error BSOD: I've started having a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error all of a sudden and I'm not entirely sure why. I'm not very good at diagnosing issues like this but I was able to get my MiniDump File analyzed. I'll paste it in here below but I'd really appreciate any help I can get on this....
  3. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error BSOD: I've started having a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error all of a sudden and I'm not entirely sure why. I'm not very good at diagnosing issues like this but I was able to get my MiniDump File analyzed. I'll paste it in here below but I'd really appreciate any help I can get on this....
  4. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error: Hey guys, so I recently started having this issue. At first I got BSOD very rarely and then about 2 days ago or so, it started happening very often. And now, it has been happening almost always. It is happening most of the time when I open chrome or discord (not only limited...
  6. BSOD issue since installing 3080 (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR)

BSOD issue since installing 3080 (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR): Hi all, I finally got a 3080 FE and installed it, but sadly I've been having blue screening issues since. After playing games for an hour or two they will happen, no matter how demanding the game. At first I thought it was the storage device the games were on since one of my...
  7. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD while gaming: Getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD While gaming. Already did ram and cpu blend test with prime 95 no error in 2 hrs, did gpu benchmark got no error, have already updated BIOS and Chipset drivers, Reinstalled windows, Reinstalled game, Shifted game to different SSD also did...
  8. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR Solutions?

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR Solutions?: Maybe twice a day I have aa BSOD due to this error. What can I do to resolve this!? I've had this issue for months now on my ASUS Zenbook UX331U 1.5 years old. I've reset my PC reinstalled windows and updated drivers, done all windows updates etc and I don't know what else I...
  9. BSOD (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR): Hey, was playing Destiny 2 when my computer suddenly crashed and I got the following error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR Setup: MB: MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Socket-1151 CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (base clock) GPU: MSI GeForce 1080 RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 2666MHz 16GB OS: Win...
  10. BSOD playing GTA, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

BSOD playing GTA, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR: Playing GTA got this Error my PC RestartedAttachment 45728 28380