Windows 10: BSoD when clicking on 2nd monitor while watching a full screen video

Discus and support BSoD when clicking on 2nd monitor while watching a full screen video in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been getting a BSoD since updating my nVidia drivers for Overwatch. The error I've been getting is "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR". I get this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eddietheyeti, Jun 5, 2016.

1. BSoD when clicking on 2nd monitor while watching a full screen video

I've been getting a BSoD since updating my nVidia drivers for Overwatch. The error I've been getting is "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR". I get this BSoD when I am watching a video in full screen on one of my monitors(e.g YouTube, Twitch, Netflix, HBOGO etc) although the crash does not happen every time I click on my other monitor while being fullscreen on a video, it happens about 50% of the time. It has never occured when having something else in fullscreen like a game or anything like that. I am using Google Chrome. I've tried rolling my drivers back and the problem still persists, and so I updated back to the up to date version of the driver.
    Possibly relevant specs:
    Processor: Intel Core i7 4790k
    Operating System: Windows 10(duh)
    GPU: nVidia GTX 980
    Memory:Ripjaws 2x8GB DDR3-1866
    Storage:WD Black 2TB 7200RPM

Thanks for reading

:)

eddietheyeti, Jun 5, 2016
  2. clchen711 Win User

Windows 10 shows the 2nd monitor has 1920x1080 but actually is less than 50% around 1080x840

The resolution of the 2nd monitor, a Vizio VF551XVT 55-inch 1920x1080 HDTV connected through HDMI cable, shows 1920x1080 (Recommended) on the Windows 10’s Display Screen Resolution setting utility but the true resolution of the 2nd monitor is less than
    50%; around 1080x840. All applications on the 2nd monitor displayed their header & boarder frames twice wider on screen, which waste/occupy lots of the 2nd monitor’s display area. Please help solving this critical lower than the set/expected 2nd monitor screen
    resolution problem. Thanks.

The 1st/primary monitor in this case is a mobile PC Display (1920x1080), Lenovo Z710 Intel i7 4710MQ notebook with NVIDIA 840M graphic processor. Previously running under the Windows 8.1 OS with the same configuration, the 2nd monitor resolution also was
    displayed incorrectly but just initially right after the Windows 8.1 reboot, i.e. 2nd monitor shows 1920x1080 resolution but actually the 2nd monitor is about the same as Windows 10, display resolution is much/50% fewer than 1920x1080. However, the resolution
    of the 2nd monitor (HDTV) under Windows 8.1 can be corrected (worked around) by switching the main display from 1st to 2nd monitor, then switching main display back from 2nd to 1st, but in Windows 10 OS seems no work around.

Also
    1) Please advise if Windows 10 can fix the application displays re-position issue when the develop support team fix the Windows 10 incorrect display 2nd monitor resolution problem above. The re-position issue is, when a TV, DVR, Xbox, and PC, shared 2nd
    monitor is disconnected to watching TV, etc., Windows OS currently moves all the application display positions, both active and minimized displays, from 2nd monitor to 1st/main screen/monitor, but ideally would be just moving/re-aligning the active displays
    to the main/1st monitor and maintain/leave those minimized display positions intact, so when 2nd monitor reconnects back (done watching TV, DVR, Xbox), user doesn’t need to re-align all the displays back for 2nd monitor again, user can just click/activate
    those minimized displays to show/run displays at their previous positions if Windows OS knows to keep them intact.

2) Please advise how does Windows allow user to select/choose which monitor to display the media at full screen. currently Windows OS seems displaying almost all apps’ full screen mode at 1st/main monitor. It seems not easy/possible for users to show slideshows
    at the 2nd monitor or/and switch between monitors. One way to make monitor selection easy could be displaying the full screen at the same monitor that the app is displaying prior to switching the app to the full screen mode - in my two cents.

Thanks in advance for the helps.

clchen711, Jun 5, 2016
  3. Fullscreen does not show up at the same monitor where it is first located

I run 3 monitors. Usually the last program you close out on which ever monitor determines if that type of program or windows explorer will display that last display setting.

also if you open for example explorer and drag it to 2nd monitor and close it out on 2nd monitor, then next time you open explorer, it will open on 2nd monitor. If it was full screen when closed, it will be opening it full screen. If it was normal windows
    size when closed, then it will be normal when opened again. This usually is the rule for all applications.

seahawks65, Jun 5, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSoD when clicking on 2nd monitor while watching a full screen video

You are very back level on Windows updates. You are at 10240.166, the current version is 10586.318.
    Please apply all Windows Updates then test and see what happens.

The dump is pointing to dxggms.sys which is a windows file so not the cause of the problem. Looks like there are problems with your Nvidia driver:

Code: ffffd001`d9f96c20 fffff800`5a4ff95bUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x7f95b[/quote] Looks like you have version 365.10. Install GeForce Experience and see what it suggests. If nothing newer then give the latest WHQL version a try: Game Ready version 368.22.

Fist do all the Windows updates though.

Ztruker, Jun 5, 2016
  5. Looks like you have version 365.10. Install GeForce Experience and see what it suggests. If nothing newer then give the latest WHQL version a try: Game Ready version 368.22.

Fist do all the Windows updates though.[/quote] Well, in hindsight this seems like an obvious solution, nonetheless thank you very much for the assistance. I really appreciate it.

eddietheyeti, Jun 6, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Please let me know how you make out.

Ztruker, Jun 6, 2016
  7. Yeah it seems to be fixed.

eddietheyeti, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSoD when clicking on 2nd monitor while watching a full screen video

1. BSoD when clicking on 2nd monitor while watching a full screen video - Similar Threads - BSoD clicking 2nd

2. BSOD while watching videos on Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while watching videos on Edge: Since the beginning of August, my Dell laptop keeps experiencing Critical Process Error Blue Screens of Death intermittently but they occur only when I am watching Netflix or YouTube on Microsoft Edge. I have 4 minidump files on this link:...
  3. Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen: When watching a video in full screen mode, slight mouse movements keep causing operating overlays to show up. I tried significantly slowing down the mouse speed, but that didn't help.The problem shows up in Firefox, Chrome, Youtube, and Disney +....
  4. Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen: When watching a video in full screen mode, slight mouse movements keep causing operating overlays to show up. I tried significantly slowing down the mouse speed, but that didn't help.The problem shows up in Firefox, Chrome, Youtube, and Disney +....
  5. Thin line of hidden taskbar still visible when watching full screen video on 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thin line of hidden taskbar still visible when watching full screen video on 2nd monitor: [ATTACH] I've noticed this since I switched to using the hidden taskbar. See image below: Thin line of hidden taskbar still visible In above example I used VLC to demonstrate how there still is a thin line visible. This is only the case on my 2nd (and 3rd) monitor, but...
  6. Monitor Going Dark when watching a video in full screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Going Dark when watching a video in full screen.: When I watch Netflix or Youtube full screen in my browser the monitor goes black. I can still hear the audio, but no picture. I have to reboot the computer and it works fine again. This only happens during full-screen video and sometimes during a game. I looked online and...
  7. BSOD while watching a youtube video

BSOD while watching a youtube video: Hello. System specs: CPU: I5-4690k RAM: Kingston Fury 2x4GB MOBO: Z97-D3H GPU:R9 280x PowerColor PSU: NZXT Hale v2 Browser: Google Chrome OS: Windows 10 x64 I was watching a youtube video with ~10 tabs open and I received a BSOD saying that I have kdcom.dll missing...
  8. BSOD while watching YouTube videos

BSOD while watching YouTube videos: I've gotten three BSODs in the past hour or so while watching fullscreen youtube videos. after the first 2 and some googling it seemed to point to my GPU drivers. I used the AMD uninstall tool to wipe them and then reinstalled the latest drivers. I got another BSOD about 10...
  9. BSOD While watching Youtube Videos

BSOD While watching Youtube Videos: Hey all. For the past few months, I have had BSODs while watching youtube videos. It has happened on both Chrome and Edge, so I don't believe its the browser. I also watch Twitch a lot, and it has never happened while watching that. I've attached the logs as the forum...
  10. BSOD Going full screen with Chrome on 2nd monitor, ddkmd.sys

BSOD Going full screen with Chrome on 2nd monitor, ddkmd.sys: So, whenever I goes full screen when watching youtube on Chrome with my secondary screen ( the screen that wasn't set as main display) , it crashes with BSOD, either "Page Fault in Non Paged Area" or "System Service Exception", ddkmd.sys. Every single time. I tired to switch...