Windows 10: BSOD when closing computer lid

Discus and support BSOD when closing computer lid in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, every time i close my computer lid, which is supposed to suspend the computer, it instead reboots causing bsod as i can see My computer is an asus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mikel1, May 21, 2016.

1. mikel1 Win User

BSOD when closing computer lid

Hi, every time i close my computer lid, which is supposed to suspend the computer, it instead reboots causing bsod as i can see
    My computer is an asus n551jx running windows 10. I send the dump file attached
    thanks for helping

Attachment 81023

:)

mikel1, May 21, 2016

2. Media Streaming Sleep when closing lid

When I'm streaming media, I like to have the lid on my laptop closed, which of course puts the computer to sleep. So, obviously, I changed the "what happens when I close the lid" settings so that it does not go to sleep when I close the lid. Trouble
    is, then it doesn't go to sleep at all, ever, when the lid is closed. How do I rectify this?

BrianAlpiger, May 21, 2016
  3. Kim{16} Win User
    Laptop not locking / going to sleep when charging with Windows 10

Hi everyone,

After upgrading to Windows 10 (from 8.1 where this was not occurring), my laptop (Dell Inspiron) will not lock / go to sleep when I close the lid if it is charging. I want my laptop to require me to enter my password anytime I open it. I had it set
    this way before the upgrade and did not change any power settings until I noticed this problem. I have the option set to "sleep" when I close the lid for if it is on battery or plugged in. I have "require a password" chosen for password protection on wakeup
    option.

So here are the scenarios:

Laptop is not plugged in to power. I close the lid. [computer goes to sleep] Open the lid a few seconds later, wake computer up. Type in password. Desktop appears as before. => Good

Laptop is plugged in and charging. I close the lid. Open the lid. [screen was black when closed] Desktop appears as before. => Bad

Laptop is plugged in and charging. I close the lid. I unplug the laptop from power. Open the lid. [screen was black when closed] Desktop appears as before. => Bad

Does anyone have any options I can try to get my computer to go to sleep anytime I close the lid including when it is charging?

Kim{16}, May 21, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi mikel1,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please make a photo/video of the problem and upload it, if you make a video please upload it to youtube or a similar site that has the ability to change the speed of the video in case the problem is within a second or so gone, so we have an idea of what is happening, there are no event logs or dumps of the situation other than a power problem.
    Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial

5. mikel1 Win User
    i can make a video, but i think it wont help....the problem is when i close the laptop lid in order to suspend it, when i open the lid again the laptop is starting up (like a reboot)

mikel1, May 21, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
  7. mikel1 Win User
    They are all set to suspend

mikel1, May 21, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Does the same problem happen when you change the options to sleep?

9. mikel1 Win User
    just closed the lid when set to sleep and no bsod. i can see it gives bsod when returning from suspension mode, right when i open the lid

btw i think it might be an hardware problem because i replaced this computer for a new one (same model) while in the 30 days warranty and it always had bsod related to suspension like the "driver power state failure"

mikel1, May 21, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    A 0x9F would be more a driver not coming properly out of the suspension state or whatever state it is.

To me it looks like there is a problem with that power option, but it may also be something else if you mean with a BSOD a bluescreen.

11. mikel1 Win User
    the driver power state failure showed a blue screen, but in this situation when i close the lid (in order to suspend) and open it back again the computer just seems to reboot causing a crash as you can see in the log but no 'blue screen'

mikel1, May 22, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    I'm not sure what the root problem may be, but unless you want to save power I would suggest that you do not use that power option anymore and report this problem to Microsoft.

Thema:

1. BSOD when closing computer lid - Similar Threads - BSOD closing computer

2. Having INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD when closing lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD when closing lid: I keep having a INTERNAL POWER ERROR whenever I close the lid, it happens a 100% of the time and I do not know what to do, any help would be appreciated....
  3. Having INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD when closing lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD when closing lid: I keep having a INTERNAL POWER ERROR whenever I close the lid, it happens a 100% of the time and I do not know what to do, any help would be appreciated....
  4. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD which says your windows insider build ran into a problem with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL and application failed is amdkmpfd.sys When the pc automatically restarts i...
  5. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD which says your windows insider build ran into a problem with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL and application failed is amdkmpfd.sys When the pc automatically restarts i...
  6. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

7. Computer crashes when laptop lid closes

Computer crashes when laptop lid closes: I like keeping my laptop closed while I listen to music or videos in the background. However, my computer randomly started immediately crashing when I close it and automatically restarts my entire system. I have looked through my power options, updated my display drivers,...
  8. Computer restarts when lid is Closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts when lid is Closed: Hello, I have an Asus ROG G750JM and the laptop has started to restart every time i close the lid. When i put the lid backup, it is booting up and anything i was doing on Windows Browsers, games,etc is lost. I checked all my power settings and they have not changed. Fully...
  9. BSOD when closing laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when closing laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 20H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL. Looking in event viewer, TPM driver has consistently failed with Event IDs 15 & 27, and then seconds later there a several...
  10. When lid closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    When lid closed: Hey Microsoft Community! I want to "Do nothing" when my laptop lid is closed. I was able to set this in Control Panel. I don't want to drain my battery, though, so I want it to hibernate about 5 minutes after there is not activity. Thank you!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when closing laptop it bsod windows 10 ltd.sys

2. bsod closing the laptop