Windows 10: BSOD when enabling Virtualization Technology and starting up

Discus and support BSOD when enabling Virtualization Technology and starting up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Basically, I've never had this BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL I've had Virtualization Technology on for awhile, but then I OC'd my CPU and maybe 2-3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Slyphical, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Slyphical Win User

BSOD when enabling Virtualization Technology and starting up

Basically, I've never had this BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    I've had Virtualization Technology on for awhile, but then I OC'd my CPU and maybe 2-3 days later, I started seeing this BSOD when its loading the computer (before login screen). Reason I had Virtualization Technology on was because I was running Windows 10 VMs, but it never had problems. Once I installed a 64-bit Ubuntu Linux Server, it started showing the BSOD after restarting the computer for the first time. Now even after uninstalling VMs in general, I still can't turn on Virtualization Technology without the BSOD. Is there any fix to this?

Attachment 142659

:)

Slyphical, Jul 5, 2017

2. Enabling protection from capturing screen shots in Safe Money, Kaspersky Total Security 2016

I have been in contact with Kaspersky. Apparently all I need to do is enable Virtualization Technology in Windows 10 through either UEFI or BIOS. Through further reading I've found that Windows 10 has neither UEFI or BIOS, but could possibly have Hyper-V
    or AMD-V?

I have tried finding both Hyper-V and AMD-V on my PC, to no avail. Could you suggest where to look?

I don't know how to get to wherever I need to in my PC to 'Enable Virtualization Technology.'

All I'm trying to do is enable the Virtualization Technology so that I can prevent screen shots when I'm using Kaspersky Safe Money.

Thanks.

PhotoJenic22, Jul 5, 2017
  3. Windows Enterprise LTSB Missing Hyper-V group

Make sure the following virtualization extensions are enabled in your BIOS:

• Virtualization Technology (VTx)
    • Virtualization Technology Directed I/O (VTd)
    • Search virtualization setting in BIOS and enable the setting.
    • Save BIOS settings (usually F10).
    • Power off the computer, wait for a few seconds and start the computer.
    If they are, try performing a repair upgrade using the Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB install media:

How
    to: perform a repair upgrade using the Windows 10 ISO file

Andre Da Costa, Jul 5, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

In your zip file there were no mini.dmp files.
    Please provide as much detail as possible about how you installed Ubuntu with regards to drive partitions.

Please check the settings.

Keyboard: win + r keys simultaneously > type or copy and paste: sysdm.cpl > click advanced tab > under startup and recovery click settings >
    Please use the Windows snipping tool and post an image into the thread.
    What is displayed for the default operating system (Ubuntu or Windows)?
    What is displayed for automatic restart (checked or unchecked)?
    What is displayed for write debugging information (none, small 256, kernel, complete, automatic, active)?
    What is displayed for dump file?

Under system failure un-check automatically restart
    For write debugging information select automatic memory dump
    For default operating system use Windows 10

See this link: BSOD Finding and fixing them - Microsoft Community: BSOD Finding and fixing them - Microsoft Community

Code: Crash dump initialization failed![/quote] Code: Startup Repair failed.[/quote] Code: The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver.[/quote] In the event log there were many system crashes and there were many the system could not successfully load the crash dump driver.
    However there were > 50 crash dump initialization failed.
    There were multiple startup repair failed.

Code: +++ WER4 +++:Fault bucket LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Kepler_3D, type 0Event Name: LiveKernelEventResponse: Not availableCab Id: 592ef2e1-3582-448b-94cb-94c11e263deeProblem signatureBSOD when enabling Virtualization Technology and starting up :p1: 141P2: ffffdc02aae3f010P3: fffff80dc1e6fd08P4: 0P5: 4274P6: 10_0_15063P7: 0_0P8: 256_1P9: P10:[/quote] Code: +++ WER6 +++:Fault bucket LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Kepler_3D, type 0Event Name: LiveKernelEventResponse: Not availableCab Id: 12aacadf-842f-4bd3-80d4-3b3e051e6560Problem signatureBSOD when enabling Virtualization Technology and starting up :p1: 141P2: ffffdc02ab521010P3: fffff80dc1e6fd08P4: 0P5: 8ecP6: 10_0_15063P7: 0_0P8: 256_1P9: P10:[/quote]
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) Uninstall all Nvidia drivers/software.
    The best way to do this is to uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your Graphics card manufacturer or from the NVidia website.
    When you do this be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.
    Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.6.7: Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download

6) Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting.
    Sometimes there are problems in the bios that produce bsod.
    The bios in your computer: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3603, 11/9/2012
    Please check to see if this is the most up to date version.
    To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.Sometimes there can be failure to boot after resetting the bios.
    So please make sure your files are backed up.
    Please make a backup image with Macrium: Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free:
    Macrium Software | 404 please create a restore point.
    How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings
    Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

7) Open disk management > expand each column so that all of the information in each row is visible > using the Microsoft snipping tool post an image into the thread.

8) Download and install Whocrashed: Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer
    9) With the Whocrashed application open click analyze. Post the analysis into the thread.
    10) On the Whocrashed application click tools > crash dump test > type the capital letters ACCEPT > crash the system and check to see whether or not there was an available dmp file for debugging.

zbook, Jul 5, 2017
  5. axe0 New Member
    Revert the overclock

axe0, Jul 5, 2017
  6. best *Cool

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD when enabling Virtualization Technology and starting up - Similar Threads - BSOD enabling Virtualization

2. When enabling core isolation, the virtualization technology can not be used.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When enabling core isolation, the virtualization technology can not be used.: When enabling core isolation, some softwares prompted that this device do not have the virtualization technology. Such as Android Studio, VMware Workstation. LeoMoon CPU-V says the device does not support this technology....
  3. BSOD when enabling virtualization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when enabling virtualization: When I enable Virtual Machine Platform or Windows Hypervisor Platform I have to restart and get a BSOD, I have it enabled in my BIOS. I have looked in the event viewer for help but I found nothing, how do I fix this? I need it for school and can't move on now :...
  4. BSOD when enabling virtualization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when enabling virtualization: When I enable Virtual Machine Platform or Windows Hypervisor Platform I have to restart and get a BSOD, I have it enabled in my BIOS. I have looked in the event viewer for help but I found nothing, how do I fix this? I need it for school and can't move on now :...
  5. How to enable Virtualization technology

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable Virtualization technology: Please how do I access UEFI firmware settings on my HP Pavilion dv6500? I have tried the following: *I used F10 to access the setup but I can't find "advanced tab" or anywhere to enable my "Virtualization Technology" *I also went to Start>>>Settings>>>Update &...
  6. Trouble with enabling virtualization technology

Trouble with enabling virtualization technology: Hello, I am having trouble enabling virtualization on my HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop. I have looked into the Bios setting on startup and cannot find any way to turn virtualization on. I am needing to turn it on so I can run Blue Stacks. Blue Stacks is a petty much google...
  7. virtualization technology not enabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    virtualization technology not enabled: I have windows 10 installed in my pc and i'm trying to run virtualbox but the virtualization technology is disabled. The bios mode is legacy insted of UEFI so its not displayed in the advanced setting also. Now i need helpto enable virtualization tech....
  8. Enable BIOS to allow virtual technology

Enable BIOS to allow virtual technology: Please help, a. How to Enable CPU Virtualization in my Surface's BIOS (in Windows 10 Pro) - soon after I restart the computer, I cannot get in BIOS screen, please help (actually I could not successfully import "OVF" format file into virtual box) b....
  9. Enable BIOS to allow virtual technology

Enable BIOS to allow virtual technology: Please help, a. How to Enable CPU Virtualization in my Surface's BIOS (in Windows 10 Pro) - soon after I restart the computer, I cannot get in BIOS screen, please help (actually I could not successfully import "OVF" format file into virtual box) b....
  10. BSOD - Intel Virtualization Technology

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Intel Virtualization Technology: I enabled Intel Virtualization Technology for the first time in the BIOS and got BSOD. I disabled it and it booted up fine. I ran your diagnostic tool and the file is enclosed. Windows 10 Pro v1709 Asus z270-a Motherboard Intel i7-7700K TP-LINK T9E PCI wireless adaptor...