Windows 10: BSOD when files are downloaded in torrent client

Discus and support BSOD when files are downloaded in torrent client in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have Dell Precision M4800. Before having Windows 10 Pro x64 installed I had Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sacredboy, Jul 21, 2016.

1. sacredboy Win User

BSOD when files are downloaded in torrent client

Hi guys,

I have Dell Precision M4800. Before having Windows 10 Pro x64 installed I had Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 and all that time I didn't have any BSODs. However, since I use Windows 10 Pro x64 I periodically have BSOD. Below is the error in Event Viewer.
    Code: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8004c870c7a, 0xffffd00024d7a6d8, 0xffffd00024d79ef0). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\072116-7265-01.dmp. Report Id: be6c65b4-bbdd-4ec5-b597-869b0fb99a97. Log Name: System Source: BugCheck Event ID: 1001 Level: Error User: N/A OpCode: Info[/quote] What's more interesting BSOD happens only when files are downloaded in torrent client (I use uTorrent). When uTorrent is not running or uTorrent is running but nothing is downloaded then I don't have BSOD.

Any chance this issue can be resolved? I would appreciate if someone could help me with this BSOD.

Thank you.

:)

sacredboy, Jul 21, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

apps for downloading movies and tv shows

If you mean you want to download Films and TV Series from the Internet, this is normally done with a torrent client. On the webpage there should be a link to a torrent file or magnet Once you have the torrent client installed, you can click one of those
    links and the video file will then start downloading The 2 popular free Torrent Clients are: BitTorrent - BitTorrent UTorrent = µTorrent - a (very) tiny BitTorrent client

DaveM121, Jul 21, 2016
  3. Help saving a torrent to my n900

It works in exactly the same way as it would on a desktop.. If you had a fresh windows machine, double clicked on a downloaded torrent file, what would it do?

Unless you've installed a bit torrent client, it would ask you what app would open the file.. Same on thie n900, unless you've installed a torrent client it won't know what to do..

The short answer, don't install a torrent client. They're mostly beta and will eat your data plan to death, not to mention kill you battery.

Use a desktop/laptop to download the torrent file then transfer the downloaded content to the phone..

cpitchford, Jul 21, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please remove all pirated programs and such from your system before we can start troubleshooting.
    The Forum Rules is meant for everything regarding piracy
    • Discussing it,
    • Asking for guidance,
    • Asking for a crack,
    • The use of it,
    • Etc.

Thema:

1. BSOD when files are downloaded in torrent client - Similar Threads - BSOD files are

2. torrent client and downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    torrent client and downloading: i have tried to install 3 different torrent clients and none of them will download any torrents once i add the torrent there is no longer any contact with the internet but it does not start to download and thats all that happens, also when i try to install vuze torrent the...
  3. torrent client and downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    torrent client and downloading: i have tried to install 3 different torrent clients and none of them will download any torrents once i add the torrent there is no longer any contact with the internet but it does not start to download and thats all that happens, also when i try to install vuze torrent the...
  4. torrent client and downloading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. PC Restart when downloading torrent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Restart when downloading torrent: So I want to play Plutonium BO2, so I downloaded the torrent file then downloaded the torrent executor that was recommended in the download guide (basically actually downloads the torrent so you can play the game) well when using the executor my pc keeps restarting, whAtS...
  6. Decent Windows Torrent client (torrents are legal !!!)

Decent Windows Torrent client (torrents are legal !!!): Hi folks Can anybody please suggest a decent (not ad ridden) bit torrent client for Windows -- torrents can be perfectly legal and safe for downloading proper software (e,g red hat - now part of IBM, centos etc linux distros) which keeps loads on servers balanced --perhaps...
  7. Torrent file to download windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Torrent file to download windows 10: Hi, I have a very slow internet connection with many perturbations and it's very difficult to download an official windows 10 by a direct link. Can I have a torrent file to download it? thanks...
  8. Default App for Downloading torrent files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default App for Downloading torrent files: How do I set uTorrent as the default app for downloading torrent magnet files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-app-for-downloading-torrent-files/cfb6e4ba-c9fc-4753-9210-1b540b412efa"
  9. best torrent client

best torrent client: you need to have used 2 or more of these to be able to have a good/decent answer: qBittorrent Deluge Transmission 1 of the sites said these 3 was the best ones gooogle is filled with spam from the marketing ppl, cant find any good info (maybe you're better at this)...
  10. BSOD when torrenting - kmode_exception_not_handled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when torrenting - kmode_exception_not_handled: Only seems to have started in the past week or so. Usually use uTorrent with NordVPN. After about 10-15 mins, BSOD " kmode_exception_not_handled " Tried a different torrent client. Same problem. Tried other things with NordVPN connected... seems fine. So it only seems...