Windows 10: BSOD when gaming and not gaming

Discus and support BSOD when gaming and not gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; BSOD persists after fresh install of Windows 10 from windows 8.1, happens when playing heroes of the storm quite often but has happened while browsing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by deadlykitten, Aug 24, 2015.

1. BSOD when gaming and not gaming

BSOD persists after fresh install of Windows 10 from windows 8.1, happens when playing heroes of the storm quite often but has happened while browsing pinterest/facebook.

:)

deadlykitten, Aug 24, 2015
  2. Gaming. Win User

Windows Phone / Lumia / Gaming / Kicking

Hey there! My name is Vlad Today I have bought Terraria ( game ) on Lumia 930 and when I try launch it , it kicks me out the game.

I tried to restart my phone and I spoke to 6 members from microsoft ... They only telling me to go to a link and there another link..

Microsoft can you please send me a email I paid for the game.

Gaming., Aug 24, 2015
  3. BSOD 0x00000154 When Gaming

Drive 1: SSD

BSOD when gaming and not gaming [​IMG]

Drive 2: HDD

DylanMadden1, Aug 24, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD when gaming and not gaming

Hi deadlykitten,

Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:
    Attachment 34016
    Attachment 34017

There are only windows drivers involved, there is a really small chance they are actually the cause.

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please read and run driver verifier.

A lot windows drivers are blamed in the crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

5. Did as you requested and here is the minidump file. Hope this is what you need.

deadlykitten, Aug 29, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Make sure you have windows 10 compatible graphics drivers installed.

7. I just double checked the website and it says I do have it installed

8. axe0 New Member

Please Run Memtest86+

Information Please download from this site only Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes in the same session to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

9. We actually already did the memtest and everything passed

10. axe0 New Member
    That would be weird, I don't see anywhere in this thread about memtest except my previous post?

11. We did some googling prior to this thread and saw where someone suggested memtest. Do I need to do it again?

deadlykitten, Aug 30, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    What were the results?
    How long have you done it?
    How many passes have you done?

If you have done anything that wasn't mentioned here, it would be helpful to mention that you have done it so we can go a step further *Smile

13. BSOD when gaming and not gaming

I did 12 passes and there were no errors. The only other thing we tested was changing out the hard drive with one I had laying around and it still blue screened. This started on windows 8.1 and I did a complete reformat of my hard drive and reinstalled windows 8.1. The bsod still occurred. Since then I did a clean install of windows 10. I used CCleaner and properly updated my graphics driver as well

14. axe0 New Member
  15. I ran the GPU test for about 4 minutes and there weren't any artifacts, but when the temperature got to about 80 C I stopped it. About 10 seconds after it my computer blue screened about 8 times (after restarting itself over and over). It said "KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" then it said "PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA" "DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" that one came up several times. Then "KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE"
    I wanted to report this before I ran the CPU test

Thema:

1. BSOD when gaming and not gaming - Similar Threads - BSOD gaming gaming

2. BSOD when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when gaming: For the past few weeks I've been having non stop BSOD whenever gaming, the main game being Black Desert Online. I'm able to launch the game fine, but when I try playing sometimes instantly, sometimes 20 minutes later my game freezes, closes out, then my entire PC freezes and...
  3. BSODs when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs when gaming: Been experiencing BSODs over the last month and can't pin down the issue. Usually happens when playing something like csgo or overwatch, sometimes firefox dies just before it BSODs. Seems to be fine playing hearthstone. Last month I looked through my crash dumps and...
  4. BSOD when Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when Gaming: Hi all, my PC has been experiencing consistent BSODs while gaming. The usual error that crops up are the following:- Critical Process Died- System Service Exception- Unexpected Store exceptionHad this experience prior and was advised to run DISM. I think this worked for a bit...
  5. BSOD when gaming

BSOD when gaming: Hi! I've been getting a BSOD error every time I play any game or stress test my GPU. My pc is a HP gaming laptop with i5 8300H, GTX 1050TI, 8GB of RAM and 1TB HDD with Intel Optane acceleration. Whenever I game it crashes with the error code WHEA uncorrectable error. I have...
  6. BSOD When Gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD When Gaming: Whenever I play any kind of game, roughly 8 or so minutes into the game, I get the BSOD. I don't seem to run into this problem when not gaming. Watching videos, doing work with Word/Excel/etc., all of that is fine. It's just gaming. As it is a gaming computer, it's super...
  7. BSOD when gaming

BSOD when gaming: As of about a week ago I started crashing to desktop while playing MW. It has now progressed into BSOD or crash to desktop then freeze for any game I attempt to play after about 30 minutes or less. I have tried updating my bios, GPU drivers, Audio drivers, etc. MB: MSI-z390...
  8. BSOD when gaming

BSOD when gaming: I face frequent BSOD while gaming which only increase in frequency over time, I had recently rma'ed my GPU and while it was good in the beginning but now the BSOD have begun again I rma'ed my GPU for the very same reason , I recently even changed my RAM so that cant be the...
  9. BSOD WHEN GAMING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD WHEN GAMING: Dear,anyone can help me find the problem, i always get the BSOD when i play the andrpid emulator WIN10 new laptop bought from last year. I update the driver already, BSOD Code is different every times. the new one is " Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version...
  10. BSOD when gaming

BSOD when gaming: Hello, First post here. I am looking to troubleshoot a recurring BSOD that I have been experiencing for awhile. The issue usually occurs when playing a resource-intensive gaming title (BF4 or GTAV). I have an r9 390 now, but I had similar issues when I was using a gtx660....