Windows 10: BSOD when gaming

Discus and support BSOD when gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, First post here. I am looking to troubleshoot a recurring BSOD that I have been experiencing for awhile. The issue usually occurs when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rooster1, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Rooster1 Win User

BSOD when gaming

Hello,

First post here. I am looking to troubleshoot a recurring BSOD that I have been experiencing for awhile. The issue usually occurs when playing a resource-intensive gaming title (BF4 or GTAV). I have an r9 390 now, but I had similar issues when I was using a gtx660.

I have run the tool and attached the ZIP file that was created. Please let me know if you have thoughts or if you need anything else for troubleshooting.

I appreciate your help!

:)

Rooster1, Jan 27, 2016

2. BSOD 0x00000154 When Gaming

Drive 1: SSD

BSOD when gaming [​IMG]

BSOD when gaming [​IMG]

BSOD when gaming [​IMG]

Drive 2: HDD

BSOD when gaming [​IMG]

BSOD when gaming [​IMG]

BSOD when gaming [​IMG]

DylanMadden1, Jan 27, 2016
  3. BSOD 0x00000154 When Gaming

Title says it all. I randomly get a BSOD with error code 0x00000154 when gaming. I have tried driver verifier, which caused me to have to reinstall windows. After reinstalling, I still am receiving the error, even with the driver that was detected as the
    problem deleted.

Dump file can be found here:

122217-5000-01.dmp

Thank you!

DylanMadden1, Jan 27, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

BSOD when gaming

1 dumpfile blames your AMD GPU driver
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck C4, {2003, ffffe00056848838, fffff80110460228, ffffd0018b3c5620} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys Could not read faulting driver name Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+105c )[/quote] Please update to the latest version from the AMD website.

Your system has a few older driver please update from the supportpage of your mobo http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z97E-...oad&os=Win1064

bcmwl63a Fri Oct 31 20:18:04 2014
    Driver Description: Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter wireless driver

e1i63x64 Thu Mar 26 21:24:57 2015
    Driver Description: Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver

ISCTD64 Tue Nov 27 20:52:34 2012
    Driver Description: Intel Smart Connect Technology Driver

TeeDriverx64 Tue Sep 23 22:01:14 2014
    Driver Description: Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) driver
    Check also if you have the latest chipset inf and imei drivers installed on your system.

lifetec, Jan 27, 2016
  5. Rooster1 Win User
    Thank you for your time. Before posting here, i uninstalled the AMD driver and ran Driver Verify, with the next BSOD error being caused by the Intel smart connect technology driver. I then uninstalled that as well, which was followed by Windows reinstalling both of those drivers automatically (presumably the most current versions). I ran Driver Verify once more, which again pointed to the current AMD driver. So that's when I thought I'd make a post here.

1) Can I keep Windows from automatically detecting my GPU and installing a driver, and can I tell it to not reinstall things like Intel Smart Connect?

2) if it turns out that Driver Verify is crashing the newest AMD driver for my GPU, what can I do about that?

I will follow the rest of your advice this evening and update the other drivers you listed.

Thanks again!

Rooster1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD when gaming

1. BSOD when gaming - Similar Threads - BSOD gaming

2. Consistent BSOD on game match entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent BSOD on game match entry: Hello, I'm still relatively new to pc building and completed my current machine 6 months ago. Most of the time, I have no issues with games like Destiny 2 or Baldur's gate 3. Other games, like Jedi: Survivor, do not even launch on my pc, if they do, they crash a few minutes...
  3. Consistent BSOD on game match entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Consistent BSOD on game match entry: Hello, I'm still relatively new to pc building and completed my current machine 6 months ago. Most of the time, I have no issues with games like Destiny 2 or Baldur's gate 3. Other games, like Jedi: Survivor, do not even launch on my pc, if they do, they crash a few minutes...
  4. Dedaisy.sys, non page fault , kernel bsod’s when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dedaisy.sys, non page fault , kernel bsod’s when playing games: Hello, i am looking for help with a new build i put together. Tuf z790 plus wifiIntel 14900k no ocT force 32gb at base 4000 ai tweeker set to xmp 1Asrock/Intel A770 16gb Phantom Gaming 1tb samsung 990 evo. Windows 10I’ve flashed bios and tried to install all know...
  5. Dedaisy.sys, non page fault , kernel bsod’s when playing games

Dedaisy.sys, non page fault , kernel bsod’s when playing games: Hello, i am looking for help with a new build i put together. Tuf z790 plus wifiIntel 14900k no ocT force 32gb at base 4000 ai tweeker set to xmp 1Asrock/Intel A770 16gb Phantom Gaming 1tb samsung 990 evo. Windows 10I’ve flashed bios and tried to install all know...
  6. Dedaisy.sys, non page fault , kernel bsod’s when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD on launching a specific gaming app gameflt.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on launching a specific gaming app gameflt.sys: Hi there.This error occurs each time i try to launch fallout76, installed via the Windows Store. I already reinstalled windows10 cause I was in a BOSD loop. Every drivers seems up to date.and even after the reinstall still got BSOD.I hope a nice fellow can help me...
  8. BSOD on launching a specific gaming app gameflt.sys

BSOD on launching a specific gaming app gameflt.sys: Hi there.This error occurs each time i try to launch fallout76, installed via the Windows Store. I already reinstalled windows10 cause I was in a BOSD loop. Every drivers seems up to date.and even after the reinstall still got BSOD.I hope a nice fellow can help me...
  9. BSOD on launching a specific gaming app gameflt.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Bsod only when I am playing a game called Conan Exiles.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Bsod only when I am playing a game called Conan Exiles.: I have tried all sorts of things to get to the bottom of this but I can't seem to figure out what is causing this. I have followed just about every guide and this still happens. It happens a lot less after a fresh restart. But if i try to play the game after working I am a...