Windows 10: BSOD when I move my computer or touch the lid

Discus and support BSOD when I move my computer or touch the lid in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo laptop. Its case has been falling apart. It is a common issue. It got so bad that you could see the motherboard when opening/closing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by deontologist, Nov 30, 2017.

1. BSOD when I move my computer or touch the lid

I have a Lenovo laptop. Its case has been falling apart. It is a common issue. It got so bad that you could see the motherboard when opening/closing the laptop--the entire hinge and surrounding areas are FUBAR. I duct taped the area back together so you wouldn't see the guts of the laptop whenever I opened the lid.

Anyway, I've noticed that BSODs are becoming increasingly common as I move the laptop around. It almost never BSODs when it is sitting on my desk. But when I take my laptop to the bathroom, or to bed, or press down around the hinge area, it BSODs.

I have attached the dump files.

I have a feeling that it has to do with the wireless card. I have experienced BSODs before, and someone online suggested that I update my wireless card driver. When I opened the laptop for inspection earlier today, I noticed that the side of the laptop lid that is messed up has the wireless antennas. I decided to just pull out the entire wireless card and used electrical tape to wrap up the connectors on the antennas, which I left inside. So far, so good, but I also haven't moved my laptop around much.

DESKTOP-2NBFV7U-Fri_12_01_2017__05751_04.zip

:)

deontologist, Nov 30, 2017

2. My laptop shuts down when i close the lid

As the title says, when I close the lid on my laptop (windows 10) it shuts down, when I try to change it in Power options, "what happens when i close the lid" I have it set on "sleep" mode, but my laptop still shuts down after i close the lid. If I for instance
    move an object on my desktop to another place on the desktop and then close my lid, when I open the lid and the computer start from the beginning the same object that I've moved will be in the same place before i moved it. What do I do?

I'm grateful for all answers, thank you and have a nice day.

DanielAndersson99, Nov 30, 2017
  3. bhoggard Win User
    Windows 10 - PC locks up on Sleep/Shutdown

I am having the same issues. Every time I close the lid to my laptop, and then reopen it later, the screen just stays black. Trying to type on the keyboard, move the mouse, or move on the touch pad does not make any difference. The power light is on,
    but the screen just stays black. I have followed the troubleshooting steps listed below and nothing has helped. My current power settings show to put the computer to sleep when the lid is closed.

I have never had any of these issues until I upgraded to Windows 10.

bhoggard, Nov 30, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD when I move my computer or touch the lid

Hi deontlogist,

What is all the entries in your hosts file?

5. I use a hosts file editor and purposely added all these entries to block ads.

6. axe0 New Member
    It looks a bit suspicious in combination with
    Code: Start Menu\Programs\KMSpico Public:Start Menu\Programs\KMSpico Public[/quote]

7. [/quote] Yes, I use that program, and while I don't doubt that KMSpico has played around with my hosts file too, what does this have to do with the bsod?

8. axe0 New Member

KMSpico is known for cracking programs and piracy violates our forum rules.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD when I move my computer or touch the lid - Similar Threads - BSOD move computer

2. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD which says your windows insider build ran into a problem with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL and application failed is amdkmpfd.sys When the pc automatically restarts i...
  3. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD which says your windows insider build ran into a problem with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL and application failed is amdkmpfd.sys When the pc automatically restarts i...
  4. Screen Showing Lines When Laptop Lid Is Moved.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Showing Lines When Laptop Lid Is Moved.: Hello, I have a HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc1xx that i got in 2017. I have been having a problem recently where everytime I move the screen, It shows vertical lines on the screen. When you get it in a certain position, It stops and goes back to normal. Sometimes its the whole...
  5. Computer restarts when lid is Closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts when lid is Closed: Hello, I have an Asus ROG G750JM and the laptop has started to restart every time i close the lid. When i put the lid backup, it is booting up and anything i was doing on Windows Browsers, games,etc is lost. I checked all my power settings and they have not changed. Fully...
  6. BSOD when closing laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when closing laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 20H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL. Looking in event viewer, TPM driver has consistently failed with Event IDs 15 & 27, and then seconds later there a several...
  7. Computer doesn't sleep when I close the lid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer doesn't sleep when I close the lid: [ATTACH] This problem started recently. Normally when I close the lid, my computer goes to sleep and I have to unlock it. However, it hasn't been doing that lately and I have to manually put it to sleep. I've checked the settings and it's set to go to sleep when i close my...
  8. Laptop Crashing with BSOD when i open the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Crashing with BSOD when i open the lid: I know this question has been posted several times, but what is different is that it doesn't crash every time. The laptop crashes only when i plug in the charger when the lid is down and then try to open it. It works fine when i don't plug in the charger and open the lid....
  9. BSOD when closing computer lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when closing computer lid: Hi, every time i close my computer lid, which is supposed to suspend the computer, it instead reboots causing bsod as i can see My computer is an asus n551jx running windows 10. I send the dump file attached thanks for helping Attachment 81023 51042
  10. BSOD when I unplug my kobo touch from USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when I unplug my kobo touch from USB: Hi there, I've been trying to get my Kobo Touch to be recognized properly by my Windows 10 desktop for a couple of days now. Bear in mind my laptop running completely stock Windows 10 picks it up flawlessly, so I think there is something screwing going on with my USB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod moving lid