Windows 10: BSOD when i start any game. new build and its driving me crazy

Discus and support BSOD when i start any game. new build and its driving me crazy in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, Thanks for reading and thanks for any help that is provided. Basically when i go to play anything the system blue screens generally with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by longback, Sep 17, 2017.

1. longback Win User

BSOD when i start any game. new build and its driving me crazy

Hi all,

Thanks for reading and thanks for any help that is provided.

Basically when i go to play anything the system blue screens generally with IRQL not equal to etc... sometimes it comes up with attempting to write to read only memory.

I feel that its all a software issue as i have run windows memory tests, memtest86 for 24hours and none of it showed any errors. memory shows up in system as 32gb so i feel its not a hardware issue.

system specs are:

ryzen 7 1700x
    asus crosshair vi
    32gb corsair vengeance lpx 2666mhz
    2TB Toshiba DT01ACA200, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 64MB Cache 8ms NCQ OEM
    256GB Samsung PM961 Polaris M.2 NVMe (22x80) PCIe 3.0 (x4) SSD, Polaris, Read 2800MB/s, Write 1100MB/s, 250k/180k IOPS
    nzxt x62 kraken
    750w psu

not sure what else spec wise to mention.

thanks again

:)

longback, Sep 17, 2017
  2. B.solly95 Win User

BSOD error in windows 10

Original Title: Windows 10 Bsod hal.dll ntoskrnl.exe

Hey everyone I'm having trouble with BSOD windows 10. The issue started once upgraded from windows 7 and mainly happens when a game is running however can be random also.

the upgrade was done from a fresh install by a local business, I've asked on here before but my thread became in-active.

hoping someone can help identify my problem its driving me crazy.

Here's a copy of my dmp files a driver view and what I think is the system info haha

thanks looking forward to getting rid of this headache.

Shared items 8-1-2016

B.solly95, Sep 17, 2017
  3. MakSte Win User
    System - NT Kernel & System - High Memory usage - Win10

Mine is using 3149.6MB of my 8 GB RAM as I type right now. Its crazy. I believe a BSOD will pop up if I attempt to play a game.

MakSte, Sep 17, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Please run MemTest86+ according to the following instructions, be sure to run it for at least 8+ passes.
    I would recommend that you run the test stick by stick, if you run it with 32GB you would spend a lot more time without using the computer, 32GB takes a few days to reach 8 passes.

BSOD when i start any game. new build and its driving me crazy [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

5. longback Win User
    thanks for the help,

after two passes on one stick it over 600 faults so i have my solution. will rma and hope it was just faulty hardware.

longback, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD when i start any game. new build and its driving me crazy - Similar Threads - BSOD start game

2. BSOD on Asus Vivobook is driving me crazy. Any help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on Asus Vivobook is driving me crazy. Any help?: 0x000000E6 is the DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-on-asus-vivobook-is-driving-me-crazy-any-help/3b517f9e-81a3-4f71-9bc0-446c7546d94e
  3. BSOD on Asus Vivobook is driving me crazy. Any help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on Asus Vivobook is driving me crazy. Any help?: 0x000000E6 is the DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-on-asus-vivobook-is-driving-me-crazy-any-help/3b517f9e-81a3-4f71-9bc0-446c7546d94e
  4. BSOD driving me crazy!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD driving me crazy!: Hi all, I keep getting random BSOD with - KMODE_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDLED which is super vague. This is on a fresh install of windows, both hard drives wiped, and only installing on a Sandisk SSD with Windows 10. It is an older computer that used to run windows 7, but the...
  5. Cortana Drives Me Crazy

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Drives Me Crazy: Hi, few days ago I decided to create a reminder in "Microsoft To Do" app, that will remind me about something everyday, both on phone and in Windows (I have this app in my phone too). However, due to some reason (I don't remember well) I wasn't satisfied with it and decided...
  6. Bsod driving me crazy !!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod driving me crazy !!!: DESKTOP-UUDJIR1-(2020-09-28_20-21-00).zip - Google Drive Win Ver. 2004( OS Build 19041.508) Any help will be trully appreciated !!! Ty. 165400
  7. new build make me crazy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    new build make me crazy: hi, I built a new pc to replace the old one which was 15 years old. I choose Ryzen 3800x Gigabyte rtx 2060 super gaming Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS samsung EVO 970 nvme m.2 Windows 10 and i always try last windows insider version 19041 All drivers and bios are up to date...
  8. KB4532695 is driving me crazy with BSOD's

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KB4532695 is driving me crazy with BSOD's: I can't take it anymore, I've tried a fix where a guy said you should uninstall the update, disable net framework, reinstall and enable it back. It wasn't so simple as I got an error during the uninstall saying it was unsuccesful and when I restarted my PC it would just...
  9. Headphones driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones driving me crazy: Hey, Just after I upgraded to Windows 10, I noticed my headphones were making a weird noise whenever sound was playing, and then the sound sticking around for about five seconds when the sound stopped playing. Here's a sample: Headphone Beep This was quieter and more...
  10. Driving me crazy!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Driving me crazy!!: May some one please help me, it's been quite a few years so bare with me. I have just bought a dell xps13 and I have a problem with my start menu, much user name and pic appear on the left side but in the middle. How can I move my name and pic to the top of the start menu??...