Windows 10: BSOD when idle from PC, error 0x00000116

Discus and support BSOD when idle from PC, error 0x00000116 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I leave my PC locked (which I do very often) I come back to see my PC has restarted. This has been happening for maybe a couple of months now, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SilverMight, Aug 11, 2016.

1. BSOD when idle from PC, error 0x00000116

When I leave my PC locked (which I do very often) I come back to see my PC has restarted. This has been happening for maybe a couple of months now, and I think this may have to do with NVIDIA Optimus.

Info from Event Viewer:
    Code: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xffffd0898e7e44a0, 0xfffff80f87a16550, 0x0000000000000000, 0x000000000000000d). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 5818b1f2-8f38-4dd6-a858-34318070d2b1.[/quote] I also noticed this happening quite a bit:
    Code: A corrected hardware error has occurred. Component: PCI Express Root Port Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express) BusBSOD when idle from PC, error 0x00000116 :Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x3 Vendor IDBSOD when idle from PC, error 0x00000116 :Device ID: 0x8086:0xA113 Class Code: 0x30400 The details view of this entry contains further information.[/quote] BlueScreenView Report:
    Attachment 95579
    Sorry about having to use a picture, couldn't find a good way to copy the report.

System Specs:
    ASUS GL552VW-DH71
    CPU: Intel i7-6700HQ (clocked at 2.6 GHZ, turbo boost up to 3.5 GHZ)
    GPU: Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA GTX 960M (2GB VRAM) (NVIDIA Optimus)
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 SDRAM
    Storage: 1TB 7200RPM HDD Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630
    Mobo: GL552VW

Thanks for any help.
    Attachment 95592
    Attachment 95916 (new zip)

:)

SilverMight, Aug 11, 2016
  2. Jessen P Win User

Pc crashing When Idle (BSOD/registry error)

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

I understand how frustrating it will be when the computer forcefully restarts when working on something.

Automatic Repair attempts to automatically diagnose and fix common issues that may cause Windows to not start properly. It will scan various settings, configuration options, and system files for corrupt files and settings.
    If it detects anything, it will automatically attempt to fix them for you.

a. Contact the computer manufacturer to know on how to change the boot order of the computer. You will have to change the boot device to CD/DVD drive and then boot from the Windows 10 installation disk.

b. In the "Windows Setup" dialog box that appears, set the Time and currency format, Keyboard or input method and the language to install and then click "Next".

c. Click on "Repair your computer" from the lower left corner.

d. From the "Choose an option screen", click on "Troubleshoot".

e. Click "Advanced Options" in the "Troubleshoot" screen.

f. In the "Advanced Options" screen, click "Automatic Repair".

g. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Automatic Repair.

If you need any further assistance, please post your query on Microsoft Community Forums and we’ll be glad to assist you with it.

Jessen P, Aug 11, 2016
  3. RYx123xS Win User
    Pc crashing When Idle (BSOD/registry error)

Hi, I've this computer since sandy bridge(2nd gen Intel core series) and as of recently my computer will crash after being idle for a certain amount of time and will forcefully restart, it's frustrating when I'm trying to download something that takes a
    few hours to download cause i can't do it over night and I constantly got to make sure to do something to prevent it from crashing, I've had windows 10 since November of 2015 and it started acting up ever since I've add more ram and temporarily overclock my
    cpu for a little edge, before bringing it back to stock settings.

Specs:

i5 2400

r9 380x

GA-z68x-UD3H-B3 mobo

16 1600mhz gb ram (under clocked to meet needs of processor as it only supports up to 1333mhz ram)

750 watt 80+gold PSU

RYx123xS, Aug 11, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD when idle from PC, error 0x00000116

5. Sorry, just added to the post.

6. axe0 New Member
    Please remove all pirated programs and such from your system before we can start troubleshooting.
    The Forum Rules is meant for everything regarding piracy
    • Discussing it,
    • Asking for guidance,
    • Asking for a crack,
    • The use of it,
    • Etc.

7. Ok, I've removed them, but for the YouTube videos I do editing, which under Fair Use transformation of content is OK.

8. axe0 New Member

Please upload a new zip so I won't get confused *Smile

9. Alright, I just uninstalled it. Posting a new zip.

SilverMight, Aug 12, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Please upload a new zip in your new reply, easier for both of us.

Please visit ASUS to update or reinstall the chipset & LAN drivers, you may also want to check for BIOS updates.

11. Alright, sorry about that. It should be in this one.
    Attachment 95931

12. axe0 New Member
    That wasn't necessary, I've already analyzed the files in that zip *Wink

13. BSOD when idle from PC, error 0x00000116

Alright, just installed the chipset drivers and the newest BIOS Update.

14. Alright, just updated BIOS and Chipset drivers. Will see how it works out.

SilverMight, Aug 13, 2016
  15. I just left it on over night, and it didn't restart at all. I think the updates did it.
    However, I still noticed this getting spammed every couple of minutes.
    "A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
    Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

BusBSOD when idle from PC, error 0x00000116 :Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x3
    Vendor IDBSOD when idle from PC, error 0x00000116 :Device ID: 0x8086:0xA113
    Class Code: 0x30400

The details view of this entry contains further information."

SilverMight, Aug 13, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD when idle from PC, error 0x00000116 - Similar Threads - BSOD idle error

2. Frequent BSODs with different bugcheck errors when PC is idling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs with different bugcheck errors when PC is idling: Hello, I've recently been getting frequent BSODs while the PC is idling/locked. So far this hasn't happened while I'm gaming or actively using it for browsing, typing, working, etc. Every time I get different bugcheck error codes in the event viewer. I've uploaded all the...
  3. BSOD Errors when PC is Idle. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Errors when PC is Idle. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b: Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me to pinpoint the reason my system keeps crashing. I found this information in the Memory Dump File:I've tried:Updating various drivers using Armory CrateRan CPU/GPU Stress Tests without any crashesRan Memory Diagnostic tool and found...
  4. BSOD Errors when PC is Idle. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Errors when PC is Idle. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b: Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me to pinpoint the reason my system keeps crashing. I found this information in the Memory Dump File:I've tried:Updating various drivers using Armory CrateRan CPU/GPU Stress Tests without any crashesRan Memory Diagnostic tool and found...
  5. BSOD Errors when PC is Idle. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Infrequent BSOD Errors when PC Is Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infrequent BSOD Errors when PC Is Idle: Hi, for the past six months or so I have been experiencing infrequent BSOD errors when I've left my PC idle on the log-in screen or when logged in. I've already ran SFCs, MemTests and so on and have not been able to find the issue.The driver in question is always ntoskrnl.exe...
  7. Infrequent BSOD Errors when PC Is Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infrequent BSOD Errors when PC Is Idle: Hi, for the past six months or so I have been experiencing infrequent BSOD errors when I've left my PC idle on the log-in screen or when logged in. I've already ran SFCs, MemTests and so on and have not been able to find the issue.The driver in question is always ntoskrnl.exe...
  8. Infrequent BSOD Errors when PC Is Idle

9. BSODs when PC left idle

BSODs when PC left idle: Hello, A few months ago I was getting extremely frequent BSODs. I ended up reinstalling Windows 10 and that seemed to solve the problem. A few weeks later however and they are coming back. A consistent pattern is that they happen when I leave the PC idle for longer than a...
  10. BSOD and 0x00000116

BSOD and 0x00000116: The computer crashed with blue screen and 0x00000116 code. It occurred while I was playing a game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-and-0x00000116/f3e04dd6-3ffd-46c8-9469-d6d8e44e3827
Tags: