Windows 10: BSOD when pc is under stress

Discus and support BSOD when pc is under stress in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, It has been a couple of months since my desktop computer started to having BSODs, usually when i'm playing. By now i'm almost certain it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by acidbubble, Jun 20, 2016.

1. BSOD when pc is under stress

Hello,

It has been a couple of months since my desktop computer started to having BSODs, usually when i'm playing.
    By now i'm almost certain it is hardware malfunction but can't really narrow out the faulty part.
    Things I've already tried:

-Memtest -> No errors
    -SSD check -> No errors
    -GPU && CPU stress test (not at the same time) -> No crash.
    -Formatted 2 times.
    -Eye checked and no apparent burned/damaged parts.
    -Reinstalled and tried all types drivers.

Would like some help.
    Thank you in advance *Smile

:)

acidbubble, Jun 20, 2016

2. Sudden artifacts, freezing and BSODs under some stress

I removed virtualbox, but now I get a bsod with the following stopcode:

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

It seems to show up at the same time as the artifacts would show up before.

Here are the dmp files of the 2 times it happened.

DMPbsod.rar

stijnkramer, Jun 20, 2016
  3. Sudden artifacts, freezing and BSODs under some stress

Related to VirtualBox Bridged Networking Driver from ...
    Note: Located in \%Program Files%\Oracle Corporation

I would remove VB and use the built in Hyper-V

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jun 20, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD when pc is under stress

Hi acidbubble,

Please be more specific in the tests you have performed, what tests did you run? Important is photos/screenshots for details one could easily miss.
    Before suggestions are given I would like details about the tests and results *Smile
    Why?
    • For the memory there are multiple tests, all of them use different algorithms and thus provide different results.
    • For the SSD, it is a drive and a drive has a few factors to look at before we can decide if it is or is not a possible cause.
    • For the GPU & CPU the most important is the temperature and in some cases also possible errors that may show up in the stress tests.

FYI, it could very well be incompatibility given that your ASRock does not provide support for drivers after Windows 7.
    Incompatibility is not a thing that occurs immediately, it can occur at any time when a driver doesn't function properly anymore regardless of how many reinstallations and versions are tried.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD when pc is under stress [​IMG]

5. Updated my system specs like you said. I thought the system specs where included in the .zip file.
    As for the tests, some of them I made a while ago so I don't recall all the details.

For testing memory I runned memtest86 a whole night and there were no errors found,
    for the HD I runned HD Tune and there were no reports, the SSD I used samsung's software and an app named "SSD Life" and no errors too.

As for temps, CPU doesn't pass 64 ºC and GPU 75ºC and it's summer right now.
    Attachment 86387
    Attachment 86380

If there are any tests that I must do/redo tell me *Smile

It doesn't seem to me that is motherboard driver compatibility, that because I have windows 10 installed for a year now and it only started trowing BSODs 6 months ago, like a month after buying my SSD.

acidbubble, Jun 22, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Many things like PSU, cooling, monitor and such are not included.

The incompatibility was only mentioned to get prepared in case a motherboard driver would be a cause and the hardware appears to be fine *Smile

Please run MemTest86+ per below instructions

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

7. Ztruker Win User
    Sure looks like memory. The latest dump 6/20 at 4:47PM has this

Code: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b) This bugcheck indicates that a single bit error was found in this page. This is a hardware memory error.[/quote]

Ztruker, Jun 22, 2016
  8. BSOD when pc is under stress

It's done:

Attachment 86501

acidbubble, Jun 22, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Please boot in the BIOS and let us know what the voltage & timings of the memory is.

10. In the BIOS:

DRAM Frequency: DDR3-1333
    Timing: 9-9-9-24
    DRAM Voltage: 1.25V

NB Voltage: 1.145V
    HT Voltage: 1.20V
    CPU VDDA Voltage: 2.56V
    PCIE VDDA Voltage: 1.81V
    SB Core Voltage: 1.10V

acidbubble, Jun 23, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
  12. I changed the DDR3 Voltage on BIOS to 1.49V(the closest to 1.5V that was available). It seemed to improve, but after 1 hour of playing had another BSOD.

Timings are now 9-9-9-27 btw.

acidbubble, Jun 23, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

Upload a new zip from the DM Log Collector

14. Attachment 86631

acidbubble, Jun 23, 2016
  15. topgundcp Win User
    Relax the timings a little bit: 10-10-10-30
    You won't notice any differences.

topgundcp, Jun 23, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD when pc is under stress - Similar Threads - BSOD under stress

2. Monitor going blank when I put my PC under stress Whole playing games/running a stress test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor going blank when I put my PC under stress Whole playing games/running a stress test: PC: Alienware Aurora R10 Ryzen EditionCPU: Ryzen 9 5900GPU: RTX 3080 10GBRAM: 32 GBI was playing fine until when I was playing a game Fortnite it started glitching, and restarting, so I ran a stress test Pass mark 3D Test and it passed the DX 9, 10 and 11, but as soon as it...
  3. Monitor going blank when I put my PC under stress Whole playing games/running a stress test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor going blank when I put my PC under stress Whole playing games/running a stress test: PC: Alienware Aurora R10 Ryzen EditionCPU: Ryzen 9 5900GPU: RTX 3080 10GBRAM: 32 GBI was playing fine until when I was playing a game Fortnite it started glitching, and restarting, so I ran a stress test Pass mark 3D Test and it passed the DX 9, 10 and 11, but as soon as it...
  4. Random BSOD, 1-3 a day under and not under stress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD, 1-3 a day under and not under stress: I have an old post that may need to be bumped so I am posting again with more information this time;I have tried many things already, including pc health restore, windows memory test and all the other common fixes. This problem appears randomly and I can go hours of gaming...
  5. Random BSOD, 1-3 a day under and not under stress

Random BSOD, 1-3 a day under and not under stress: I have an old post that may need to be bumped so I am posting again with more information this time;I have tried many things already, including pc health restore, windows memory test and all the other common fixes. This problem appears randomly and I can go hours of gaming...
  6. Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU

Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU: My computer crashes and I get the BSOD stating clock watchdog timeout after freezing when doing a stress test on my CPU - ram tests ok. I have checked the PSU - bought a new one and cooling and used different ram as well. All to no avail....
  7. BSOD when stressing gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when stressing gpu: Recently i have been getting BSOD while playing games So i stress tested my laptop gpu The Temperature is always 70-80 C But after a while i hear glitching in sounda And suddenly everything freezes and the BSOD appears Everything is updated drivers, windows, everything My...
  8. Random BSOD's when stressing the PC

Random BSOD's when stressing the PC: Hi, I have been getting random BSOD's in the last month or two. I am a Media Production student, therefore I use the PC for video & photo editing, VFX etc. During these activities, when the PC is under high stress, it tends to crush with a random BSOD, such as...
  9. Intermittent BSODs when stressed

Intermittent BSODs when stressed: So I have been having intermittent BSODs when my computer is under somewhat heavy stress though occasionally it's when I'm only running one application. Not sure if this is a windows 10 problem I know some drivers aren't quite updated yet. I was having quite regular crashes...
  10. Many BSODs when at stress

Many BSODs when at stress: Hi, I'm getting random BSODs like PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ; SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED when playing games. Last time after restarting PC (BSOD) win10 run a disc repair, its going insane. I've tried: -Turning off, on ,and system managed...