Windows 10: BSOD when playing browser game, first BSOD error ever from Win 10

Discus and support BSOD when playing browser game, first BSOD error ever from Win 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As the title says this is the first actual BSOD error i've gotten on this computer since upgrading to Win 10 which was over a year ago. And probably... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rangervegas, Dec 10, 2016.

1. BSOD when playing browser game, first BSOD error ever from Win 10

As the title says this is the first actual BSOD error i've gotten on this computer since upgrading to Win 10 which was over a year ago. And probably only the 5th time i've ever gotten a BSOD on this computer.

It happened in the middle of playing an in browser game that was running in Java or Flash. Not sure which one.

I know a bit about looking at error code reporting in the event viewer but it appears several things happened at once and i'm not sure which one caused what.

I have attached the requested Zip file from posting instructions.

Thank You

:)

rangervegas, Dec 10, 2016
  2. zuppaclub Win User

BSOD when playing game

hi, I have a problem

when I playing fade of silence or dead rising 4 on steam , I always got BSOD, the problem always on kernel, but other games there is no problem

here is the minidump

011118-33187-01.dmp

I already update my OS from version 1607 to win 10 version 1709 build 16299.192 and still got BSOD, and I already update my nvidia driver to 390.65 , clean install using DDU, and still got BSOD

already tried memory scan and there is no problem with my memory

my guess is , it's either because of my hardware RAM, or game bugs, but I don't know if it's true or not.

thanks BSOD when playing browser game, first BSOD error ever from Win 10 :)

--------------------

update

now I got another BSOD when playing wolfenstein 2, error code special pool detected memory corruption, I don't know what driver that cause this BSOD BSOD when playing browser game, first BSOD error ever from Win 10 :( , fyi , I only got BSOD when playing games, other than that I never encounter BSOD

minidump

011118-36640-01.dmp

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

zuppaclub, Dec 10, 2016
  3. Blue Screen While Playing Online Games

Hello, I have recently upgraded from Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 10240 to Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 10586.3. A BSOD is always being triggered when I play online games. The BSOD usually occurs during loading and it has an error message of " KMode_Exception_Not_Handled
    caused by dump_wmimmc.sys ".

What is the root cause and the possible solution?

By the way the online game that I play is CABAL Online and this is the only game in my PC that triggers BSOD. Other games work normally aside.

Shindyo190, Dec 10, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

BSOD when playing browser game, first BSOD error ever from Win 10

The dumpfile was
    Code: BugCheck 124, {0, ffffc00a1554d028, bf800000, 124} Probably caused by : memory_corruption Followup: memory_corruption --------- 3: kd> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception Arg2: ffffc00a1554d028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure. Arg3: 00000000bf800000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value. Arg4: 0000000000000124, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.[/quote] WHEA error for a MCE fault

This could point to hardware problem with your CPU but more often also motherboard software and Monitoring Software can cause this kind of BSODs.
    AiChargerPlus Thu Apr 19 03:17:35 2012
    AsIO Wed Aug 22 11:54:47 2012
    AsUpIO Tue Aug 03 04:47:59 2010 (4C57835F)
    ASUSFILTER Tue Sep 20 17:46:33 2011
    Update all your Asus software Utilities to the latest versions, or better if you do not need it remove/uninstall.

speedfan Fri Mar 18 17:08:46 2011 = update to the latest version

WinRing0x64 Thu May 02 04:19:47 2013
    Driver Description: many different programs that center around the using of the WinRing libraries (RealTemp, Corsair Link2 (known BSOD issues w/Win8), Razer GameBooster, Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool, Fusiontweaker (Google Code), etc)
    Driver Update Site: OEM - none at http://www.python.org/emacs/winring/

Also update or remove these drivers:
    dokan Mon Jan 10 13:49:29 2011
    Driver Description: Dokan Library driver ( dokan-dev.net - Ce site est en vente! - Portail d'informations ) used to create custom file systems/drivers.

User mode file system library for Windows.
    Driver Update Site: DokanLibrary 0.6 Download (Free)
    Releases · dokan-dev/dokany · GitHub

dtsoftbus01 Fri Feb 21 10:49:36 2014
    Driver Description: Daemon Tools driver
    Possible BSOD issues in Win7
    Driver Update Site: Download DAEMON Tools for free - DAEMON-Tools.cc

Logitech setpoint driver are from 2012
    Logitech webcamera drivers are from 2012

RTKVHD64 Wed Jul 29 13:59:49 2015 = Realtek high definition audio driver

your supportpage https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MA...Desk_Download/

lifetec, Dec 11, 2016
  5. ok thanks for the info.
    Unfortunately the most current version of AI Suite 3 software I had to get was from a next gen verison of my mv the Maximus VII
    Which was AI Suite 3 1.01.02 that said it was compatable with Win 10 64bit so that is what i'm currently using. Apparently the last update or stable version of some of those individual modules are a bit old. There is a AI Suite 3 1.00.56 That says it's for my MB But it only appears if I select Win 8.1 64bit so should I be using the older version? I assume the newer version I am using now has at least more up to date modules, even if some of them are a bit old.
    I uninstalled Speedfan altogether since I don't really use it anymore. I use AI Suite 3 which is from my MB Mfg and it provides fan control and temp sensing.
    This link http://www.python.org/emacs/winring/ leads to a 404 error on the Python.org website.
    This dokan-dev.net - Ce site est en vente! - Portail d'informations is a dead link. I already saw Dokan 0.6 installed in Programs and Features and uninstalled it as I can't remember what I had it installed for to begin with. Can you tell me the specific Dokan driver file that is old so I can make sure it got removed when I unstalled Dokan 0.6?
    The Daemon Tools Lite version I have Win 10 wont even let me run the uninstaller program for it, saying "This app can't run on this PC. This app dosent run on this verison of windows" Should I just download and install the newer version of Daemon Tools Lite over it and then uninstall as I don't really use Daemon Tools anymore?
    Updated Setpoint and Webcam software to latest available from Logitech website.
    I have Plantronics USB Headset so I don't ever really use the Realtek integrated sound but I do remember it getting a windows update a while back so that jibes with the file date on the driver.

I am attaching a new version of the log file to see how much i've been able to fix per your recommendations.

Thank You

rangervegas, Dec 14, 2016
  6. rangervegas, Dec 14, 2016
  7. lifetec Win User
    The new zipfile does not contain a new dumpfile.
    So i assume you did not got a other BSOD again,

I use the dumpfile to extract the drivers moduleslist.
    If you removed the dokan program after the BSOD/dumpfile then it could completely be removed from your system.

Daemon tools.
    According to the Asus Suite 3, if there happens to be another BSOD, remove this program and see if this stabilise your system.

Maybe one of the steps you already did made your system stable and stopped the BSOD.
    If you get another BSOD please reply with a new zip with the dumpfile(s).

lifetec, Dec 14, 2016
  8. BSOD when playing browser game, first BSOD error ever from Win 10

I've uninstalled several other old programs on my computer. Things dating back to 2010 and 2011 tonight after getting another BSOD with the same message. I also uninstalled a few elements of the AI Suite 3 that I don't use at all. The EZ Update part and the Push Notice program.

The procedure for uninstalling the SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD) did not find any versions of it on the computer and the uninstall button was grayed out. Even though as far as I can see that has to be incorrect as my computer shows Daemon Tools Lite installed and I can see the program files. Is there any way to force the computer to bypass the "This app can't run on this PC" message to get the program uninstalled? I feel like possibly what has happened is that when I upgraded to Win 10 it disabled SPTD itself or told me it wasent compatible and asked me if I wanted to disable it and I said yes, but the other files associated with the program are still left over.

Unless you can find something else that seems likely I guess i'll just have to deal with the fact that the AI Suite isn't 100% happy with my computer and I'll have to manually overclock and use another program to monitor/control the system fans. <Shrug>

rangervegas, Dec 25, 2016
  9. Had another one occur later on while playing Assassin's Creed Unity although it might have been while I was alt-tab'ed out of the game. Forgot to mention I also just updated to a new video card. Is now EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB although I doubt the card itself is causing this, as i've played hours in a Lego game with no problems. I'm beginning to think it may be somehow related to the AI Suite 3 programs. But I dread the thought of manual overclocking without having a good temperature/fan control program. Even though I never really overclock by much. I like the fact that the AI Suite recommends the next natural Mhz step on the processor instead of just a flat 10% or 20% or something like that. <sigh> computers are a pain when you know too much about how to control them but not enough about the software to know what is causing little nit picky problems. *Wink*Wink

rangervegas, Dec 25, 2016
  10. lifetec Win User
    If you got a new BSOD, after you removed the older drivers, could you post a new zip.

In the meantime you could test your cpu.
    CPU Stress Tests:
    - Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool (works in Windows)
    Download Intel(R) Processor Diagnostic Tool

lifetec, Dec 25, 2016
  11. I'm not sure what you mean by this but perhaps I wasnt as clear in my comments about the video card as I should have been. I got the GTX 1060 about a week ago and installed it along with the latest set of Nvidia drivers. The BSOD's I got and posted zips for were the ones I just got in the last day or so.

Previously I had not gotten a BSOD all the way back to the one I posted to start this thread. So this is still a very infrequent problem, I just happened to get two BSOD's yesterday within a few hours of each other.

BTW the system passed the Intel test completely.

rangervegas, Dec 26, 2016
  12. lifetec Win User
    The last dumpfile of 26 december still contain all the old drivers from 2011 and 2012 etc and all the old monitoring software.

lifetec, Dec 26, 2016
  13. BSOD when playing browser game, first BSOD error ever from Win 10

Am I missing something here? I'm not sure how some of these could still be showing up in the latest 2 zip files as I uninstalled most of this or updated it after your first message. <shrug>

rangervegas, Dec 26, 2016
  14. I'm not sure what is still showing up but alot of it shouldent be at least from this original message about possible issue items.

rangervegas, Dec 27, 2016
  15. Sorry this got posted twice. When I went and looked at the thread it looked like the previous message never got posted for some reason.

rangervegas, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD when playing browser game, first BSOD error ever from Win 10

1. BSOD when playing browser game, first BSOD error ever from Win 10 - Similar Threads - BSOD playing browser

2. BSOD error when playing games only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD error when playing games only: when I ran my dump file I got this error below,\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorAC.sys, Win32 error 0n2 It's an intel storage rapid technology, but I can't seem to find a fix, I tried downgrading the driver version but I still get a blue screen error, I've ran all the...
  3. BSOD error when playing games only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error when playing games only: when I ran my dump file I got this error below,\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorAC.sys, Win32 error 0n2 It's an intel storage rapid technology, but I can't seem to find a fix, I tried downgrading the driver version but I still get a blue screen error, I've ran all the...
  4. BSOD error when playing games only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD When playing game

BSOD When playing game: Recently I got BSOD several times while playing games, and here is the DMP text: ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck...
  6. Random BSOD error 1001 for the first time ever

Random BSOD error 1001 for the first time ever: Imgur: The magic of the Internet Randomly happened after like 4+ hours of playing a game that I have been playing for a month straight with no issues.This is a first time this error happened. Posted dumpfile below. 136804
  7. Freezing first, BSOD later (playing games)

Freezing first, BSOD later (playing games): Hi everyone. i got a problem on my laptop From 1 month ago until now, i am facing a freeze first, BSOD later while playing games, if i alt+tab to windows, or anything, my laptop will freeze instantly (and immediatelly bsod). I tried factory reset, got no sucess....
  8. BSOD When Playing Game

BSOD When Playing Game: Hi Everyone I have been having BSOD problems when i play game that used alot of graphic such as Dota 2 , Overwatch etc. The BSOD that i getting is Internal_Video_Scheduler_Error , Video_Tdr_Error and sometimes the graphic driver has been stopped and successfully recovered...
  9. BSOD when playing games

BSOD when playing games: Hi, I keep having the blue screen when I'm gaming and its says something like etd.sys or whatever it is. Hope that I can get some help from here. 91885
  10. BSOD while playing browser game.

BSOD while playing browser game.: newly updated to 10 pro from 7 pro. crashed today while I was playing browser based flash player game. I made sure to update all my drivers and re-installed programs that needed to be. my computer is self built (my first custom). Any help would be great. thank you for your...