Windows 10: BSOD when playing game The Witcher 3

Discus and support BSOD when playing game The Witcher 3 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello TenForums, Everytime I get into a game my computer freezes and blue screens with the error message "Machine Check Exception". Please can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by binhdtx, Dec 10, 2016.

1. binhdtx Win User

BSOD when playing game The Witcher 3

Hello TenForums,

Everytime I get into a game my computer freezes and blue screens with the error message "Machine Check Exception". Please can someone help me out?

Many thanks.

:)

binhdtx, Dec 10, 2016

2. KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE

I'm playing a lot of new games these days.... however some of these seem to crash my pc... That BSOD appears and says "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE".

A game (Witcher 3) that worked before updating now crashes too.

I think it is the buggy update. Games worked fine before the update. But for now, any help?

Ahmed Fazal, Dec 10, 2016
  3. DomasL Win User
    Taskbar allways on top

The issue does not occur on all games. Only on world of tanks, witcher 3 and rome 2 total war. When i play those games in fullscreen mode the text on them becomes blurry but when i switch to borderless window the text is sharp but the taskbar is showing

DomasL, Dec 10, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

Dumpfiles is
    Code: BugCheck 9C, {0, fffff802e8134ba0, 0, 0} Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KxMcheckAbort+7b ) Followup: MachineOwner --------- 0: kd> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (9c) A fatal Machine Check Exception has occurred.[/quote] WHEA error for a MCE fault

This could point to hardware problem with your CPU but more often also motherboard software and monitoring software can cause this kind of BSODs.
    Update these older/outdated drivers:

e1d65x64 Tue Nov 24 20:17:26 2015
    Driver Description: Intel Pro/1000 Network Adapter driver
    Driver Update Site: Drivers & Software

gdrv Thu Jul 04 06:27:55 2013
    Driver Description: Gigabyte Easy Saver - mobo power utility driver
    Driver Update Site: GIGABYTE - Support - Downloads - Motherboard

HWiNFO64A Tue Mar 31 11:51:32 2015 = Hardwareinfo
    TeeDriverW8x64 Tue Jul 28 19:35:42 2015 = Intel manegement driver

lifetec, Dec 12, 2016
  5. binhdtx Win User
    WHEA error for a MCE fault

This could point to hardware problem with your CPU but more often also motherboard software and monitoring software can cause this kind of BSODs.

Update these older/outdated drivers:

e1d65x64 Tue Nov 24 20:17:26 2015
    Driver Description: Intel Pro/1000 Network Adapter driver
    Driver Update Site: Drivers & Software

gdrv Thu Jul 04 06:27:55 2013
    Driver Description: Gigabyte Easy Saver - mobo power utility driver
    Driver Update Site: GIGABYTE - Support - Downloads - Motherboard

HWiNFO64A Tue Mar 31 11:51:32 2015 = Hardwareinfo
    TeeDriverW8x64 Tue Jul 28 19:35:42 2015 = Intel manegement driver[/quote] hello lifetec ,

//that mean i cannot do anything in this case, right ?
    I have remove gigabyte app / HWinfo and update LAN + Intel management.
    but still getting that crash without reason , tried tracking on event viewer but no clue. Just the witcher 3 my PC had that problem, another game is fine (playing over 2-4 hours)

anyway, thank you for your help, i will keep looking on my CPU then (maybe overclocking is not good for this game)

binhdtx, Dec 13, 2016
  6. lifetec Win User
    Yes overclocking can cause this kind of bugcheck also.

You can test your processor with this intel tool.
    CPU Stress Tests:
    Only need to run 1 or 2 of the tests under most circumstances. I haven't used any of the tests myself, so I listed all that I was able to find.
    - Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool (works in Windows)
    Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

lifetec, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD when playing game The Witcher 3 - Similar Threads - BSOD playing game

2. BSOD when playing games Starfield and Payday 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when playing games Starfield and Payday 3: Hello,I keep getting BSOD when loading screens in Starfield, and also in Payday 3 randomly.... all other games such as Rainbow Six Siege or Detroit become human work properly. There are no minidump files at all in my Windows folder. I tried to make a Windows reset without...
  3. BSOD when playing games Starfield and Payday 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing games Starfield and Payday 3: Hello,I keep getting BSOD when loading screens in Starfield, and also in Payday 3 randomly.... all other games such as Rainbow Six Siege or Detroit become human work properly. There are no minidump files at all in my Windows folder. I tried to make a Windows reset without...
  4. A bug in the save game of The Witcher 3

A bug in the save game of The Witcher 3: Hello, in the Witcher 3 game, I can only save manually. And quick save is only one, and automatic save and checkpoint can save three times, the next one will take the place of these three. I reinstalled Windows and started from the beginning, but I still have the problem.The...
  5. A bug in the save game of The Witcher 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A bug in the save game of The Witcher 3: Hello, in the Witcher 3 game, I can only save manually. And quick save is only one, and automatic save and checkpoint can save three times, the next one will take the place of these three. I reinstalled Windows and started from the beginning, but I still have the problem.The...
  6. How to fix the bug in the Witcher 3 save game

How to fix the bug in the Witcher 3 save game: Hello, in the Witcher 3 game, I can only save manually. And quick save is only one, and automatic save and checkpoint can save three times, the next one will take the place of these three. I reinstalled Windows and started from the beginning, but I still have the problem.The...
  7. device stuck in driver thread while playing witcher 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    device stuck in driver thread while playing witcher 3: [ATTACH] When I play the witcher 3 , device stuck in driver thread happens link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApCzu2tRCGPGbWfJwJqRulcsFGY?e=lWAh9n https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-stuck-in-driver-thread-while-playing/e4f0626b-a02a-489d-ab0a-0abd829a6b9f
  8. Witcher 3 Language Package - Witcher 3 Sprachpaket

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Witcher 3 Language Package - Witcher 3 Sprachpaket: Hello, I want to download the german language package for Witcher 3 on Microsoft Website. When I click on "download" Button he says me that there wouldn't be any compatible Device connected with my account. I already connected my PC with this account, it is shown under "my...
  9. BSOD playing The Witcher 3 or TerraTech error code 0x00000050

BSOD playing The Witcher 3 or TerraTech error code 0x00000050: Hello, i have resently built a new gaming/development machine for my self and have been Page fault in non-paged area on Blue screening. attached is the minidumps along with all the other required information. i look forward to your responces to help me out Kind...
  10. BSOD in witcher 3 and crysis 3

BSOD in witcher 3 and crysis 3: Slowly i'm starting to think my graphic card has a problem. This system is completely new (all exept for the gpu, 2x ssds and 1x hdd). I had overclocked to 4.3ghz, but after many crashes in crysis 3 and witcher 3, i thought i'd revert to stock to see how it fairs. While...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the witcher 3 keeps causing bsod

2. the witcher 3 pc bsod