Windows 10: BSOD when playing games and Updates are not installing

Discus and support BSOD when playing games and Updates are not installing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good evening I've just recently got several error messages saying that updates have failed to install due to registry such as the definition updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hel1998, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Hel1998 Win User

BSOD when playing games and Updates are not installing

Good evening

I've just recently got several error messages saying that updates have failed to install due to registry such as the definition updates for Windows Defender today and at the same time receiving an BSOD like "PFN_List_Corrupt" after Hearts of Iron 4 crashed. The same happens with Wargame Red Dragon. I've tried to search a solution in the web but, no hope. I am still getting error messages and BSOD's for the last two days. I hope somebody can find a solution to this problem. Any help would be grateful.

Yours faithfully

:)

Hel1998, Apr 1, 2017
  2. zuppaclub Win User

BSOD when playing game

hi, I have a problem

when I playing fade of silence or dead rising 4 on steam , I always got BSOD, the problem always on kernel, but other games there is no problem

here is the minidump

011118-33187-01.dmp

I already update my OS from version 1607 to win 10 version 1709 build 16299.192 and still got BSOD, and I already update my nvidia driver to 390.65 , clean install using DDU, and still got BSOD

already tried memory scan and there is no problem with my memory

my guess is , it's either because of my hardware RAM, or game bugs, but I don't know if it's true or not.

thanks BSOD when playing games and Updates are not installing :)

--------------------

update

now I got another BSOD when playing wolfenstein 2, error code special pool detected memory corruption, I don't know what driver that cause this BSOD BSOD when playing games and Updates are not installing :( , fyi , I only got BSOD when playing games, other than that I never encounter BSOD

minidump

011118-36640-01.dmp

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

zuppaclub, Apr 1, 2017
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys

Hi!

What are you playing a game, when BsoD?

Teddy2016, Apr 1, 2017
  4. BSOD when playing games and Updates are not installing

Genuine.txt is missing in the zip file. Please follow these steps:

1. Open an elevated command prompt.
    2. In the elevated command prompt, type the command below, and press Enter:

Code: licensingdiag.exe -report "%userprofile%\Desktop\Genuine.txt" -log "%userprofile%\Desktop\repfiles.cab"&del "%userprofile%\Desktop\repfiles.cab" /Q[/quote]
    zip Genuine.txt (u find it on Desktop) and upload please.

BSODHunter, Apr 2, 2017
  5. Hel1998 Win User
    Here would be Genuine Text.

Hel1998, Apr 2, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    Hopefully @BSODHunter will be back but in the meantime the analysis indicates that the memory management Page File Number list is corrupted. Can be caused by corrupt physical RAM, or by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists.

Code: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4e) Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists (ie: calling MmUnlockPages twice with the same list, etc). If a kernel debugger is available get the stack trace. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000099, A PTE or PFN is corrupt Arg2: 00000000001dd757, page frame number Arg3: 0000000000000002, current page state Arg4: 0e0001d0001d23d6, 0[/quote] It would be worth checking your RAM for errors.

BSOD when playing games and Updates are not installing [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST
    *Arrow Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

If this does not identify a RAM problem we will have to work on trying to identify the faulting driver. If you get any more BSOD events please add new logfiles.

philc43, Apr 3, 2017
  7. Code: 0x0000004E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (2.04.2017 21:42:11) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption PROCESS: chrome.exe Usual causes: Device driver, ?memory[/quote]
    You memory modules or ram slot is failing. There are error messages in event log too:
    Code: 2017-02-02T20 50:25.692 Fehler: Der Arbeitsspeicher des Computers wurde von der Windows-Speicherdiagnose überprüft, und es wurden Hardwarefehler festgestellt. Wenden Sie sich an den Computerhersteller, um diese Probleme zu identifizieren und zu beheben. 2017-02-02T20 50:25.692 Fehler: Der Arbeitsspeicher des Computers wurde von der Windows-Speicherdiagnose überprüft, und es wurden Hardwarefehler festgestellt. Wenden Sie sich an den Computerhersteller, um diese Probleme zu identifizieren und zu beheben. 2017-02-02T21 22:38.764 Fehler: Der Arbeitsspeicher des Computers wurde von der Windows-Speicherdiagnose überprüft, und es wurden Hardwarefehler festgestellt. Wenden Sie sich an den Computerhersteller, um diese Probleme zu identifizieren und zu beheben. 2017-02-02T21 22:38.764 Fehler: Der Arbeitsspeicher des Computers wurde von der Windows-Speicherdiagnose überprüft, und es wurden Hardwarefehler festgestellt. Wenden Sie sich an den Computerhersteller, um diese Probleme zu identifizieren und zu beheben.[/quote]
    You should also remove all Overclocking I see Software on your PC which is known for causing Bluescreens:

- ASUS GPU TweakII
    - MSI Afterburner

BSODHunter, Apr 4, 2017
  8. Hel1998 Win User

Alright I removed all the listed softwares and I'm going to do a RAM test this evening. Furthermore, I'm going to do a full scan on my desktop PC to see if there are nasty bits of data on my PC

Hel1998, Apr 4, 2017
  9. Hel1998 Win User
    Now after two days of testing my RAM. After I removed the software that BSODHunter told me to do has somehow solved my problem for some reason. I did the test twice and no errors came.

Hel1998, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD when playing games and Updates are not installing - Similar Threads - BSOD playing games

2. BSOD when playing game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when playing game: I only have issues when trying to play games. Below is my whocrash report. I've made sure everything is plugged in and sitted correctly RAM/GPU and still getting a BSOD. I've reinstalled windows 11 to see if something was corrupt to no avail. Any help would be great.Link to...
  3. BSOD When Playing Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When Playing Games: Hey so for some reason literally everytime I play valorant or any other type of game in about 10 minutes I get a BSOD. This didn’t happen all the time and it just started to happen a few months ago. Can anyone help me?...
  4. BSOD When Playing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD When Playing Games: Hey so for some reason literally everytime I play valorant or any other type of game in about 10 minutes I get a BSOD. This didn’t happen all the time and it just started to happen a few months ago. Can anyone help me?...
  5. BSOD When Playing Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD When playing game

BSOD When playing game: Recently I got BSOD several times while playing games, and here is the DMP text: ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck...
  7. BSOD When playing games

BSOD When playing games: Hello everyone, I have just made a fresh format and install of windows 10,but when i'm playing on games after random time my computer stuck and enter into BSOD with this error: "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP". I have used dm_log to attach the files of my pc. I already updated...
  8. BSOD when playing games.

BSOD when playing games.: Hello, I have ran into a BSOD issue. I have the dump file and system info file to look at. I recreated the crashes and it happens randomly whenever I play games on my computer. Games like overwatch randomly blue screen when I'm not doing anything in particular that causes...
  9. BSOD When Playing Game

BSOD When Playing Game: Hi Everyone I have been having BSOD problems when i play game that used alot of graphic such as Dota 2 , Overwatch etc. The BSOD that i getting is Internal_Video_Scheduler_Error , Video_Tdr_Error and sometimes the graphic driver has been stopped and successfully recovered...
  10. BSOD when playing games

BSOD when playing games: Hi, I keep having the blue screen when I'm gaming and its says something like etd.sys or whatever it is. Hope that I can get some help from here. 91885