Windows 10: BSOD when playing games, VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 0x119

Discus and support BSOD when playing games, VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 0x119 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I think it's about the Nvidia graphic card driver. BSODs started a couple weeks ago whenever I tried to start a game, most of the issues were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by peterhogunner, Aug 3, 2016.

1. BSOD when playing games, VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 0x119

I think it's about the Nvidia graphic card driver. BSODs started a couple weeks ago whenever I tried to start a game, most of the issues were dpc_watchdog_violation and system_thread_exception_not_handled. Then I uninstalled the previous video card driver (which was the newest) and installed the older version 361.75. It worked but not perfectly, sometimes it just turned into blackscreen and froze (uninstalling the driver by using DDU then reinstall it could solve this issue, but it just reappeared after rebooting).

Today another BSOD just appeared again when I was playing a game, and this time it showed video_scheduler_internal_error 0x119 in orange screen.

I wish I could upload my previous minidumps, but I just got my Window 10 anniversary update done so all of them were gone.

Update: BSODs happened twice today. The first one was dpc_watchdog_violation (according to WhoCrashed) had it happened when I did nothing. The second one was triggered when I was running DM Log collector. Attachment 151651_54 was the updated version.
    Attachment 94220

Update (Aug 27 2016): Just updated the newest Nvidia driver version 372.54 after Windows 10 anniversary update. Problem seems to be solved.

:)

peterhogunner, Aug 3, 2016

2. Windows 10, BSOD, VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 0x00000119

I am getting this BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 0x00000119 on my windows 10 PC.

It randomly happens during standby only. It won't happend even when I play graphics intense games.

Minidump here.

Dropbox - 020816-9734-01.dmp

Please help guys.

DilipParmar, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Video_scheduler_internal_error Bug Check 0x119

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below questions for the better understanding of the issue.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. From when is the issue persisting?

3. What are exactly the troubleshooting steps that you performed?

In the meantime, please follow the below link and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with the necessary details so that we can resolve your issue at the earliest.

Amarjeet_Paul, Aug 3, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD when playing games, VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 0x119

Look in C:\Windows.old\Windows\minidump, see if they are there.

Ztruker, Aug 4, 2016
  5. I checked. Unfortunately they were gone.

peterhogunner, Aug 4, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Only 1 dump. It does show that your PC is slightly under clocked:
    Code: 0: kd> !sysinfp cpuspeed No export sysinfp found 0: kd> !sysinfo cpuspeed CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4712HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz" MaxSpeed: 2300 CurrentSpeed: 2295[/quote] I suggest entering BIOS Setup and setting values to default then run for awhile. If you get any more BSODs please re-run DM_Log_collector and upload the zip file.

Dump, as you stated, points at watchdog.sys which is a Microsoft file and part of the OS. Highly unlikely to be the actual cause. More likely a driver or memory problem of some kind. Lets see if we can find out more.

===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to

BSOD when playing games, VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 0x119 [​IMG]
    PART TWO

and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Also, I can't find anything on the internet about the HP ENVY 15 9004TX laptop. Do you have a link to the page where it's manuals and device drivers can be found?

Ztruker, Aug 5, 2016
  7. I suggest entering BIOS Setup and setting values to default then run for awhile. If you get any more BSODs please re-run DM_Log_collector and upload the zip file.

Dump, as you stated, points at watchdog.sys which is a Microsoft file and part of the OS. Highly unlikely to be the actual cause. More likely a driver or memory problem of some kind. Lets see if we can find out more.

Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to

PART TWO

and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Also, I can't find anything on the internet about the HP ENVY 15 9004TX laptop. Do you have a link to the page where it's manuals and device drivers can be found?[/quote] Attachment 94424 Here's the new zip.

And my laptop should be HP ENVY 15 q004tx, my mistake*cry.
    Device drivers: HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

peterhogunner, Aug 5, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

The dxdiag report indicates you have a onboard Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and a discreet NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M.

The dump shows a problem with the Nvidia driver:
    Code: fffff801`50078220 fffff809`25ca95ecUnable to load image nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x9695ec[/quote] Did you try the Nvidia 368.81 version driver? Is that what you had before? If not, uninstall using DDU then try the 368.81 version, or try the one on the HP web site, the 353.24 version. There are a lot of driver versions between 353,24 and 368.81. Try some of them, see if better?

What about running with the onboard Intel video? I don't know how that performs for gaming, probably not well though.
    How long have you had the laptop? If it's still in warranty contact HP and get them to fix it or replace it.

Ztruker, Aug 5, 2016
  9. Did you try the Nvidia 368.81 version driver? Is that what you had before? If not, uninstall using DDU then try the 368.81 version, or try the one on the HP web site, the 353.24 version. There are a lot of driver versions between 353,24 and 368.81. Try some of them, see if better?

What about running with the onboard Intel video? I don't know how that performs for gaming, probably not well though.
    How long have you had the laptop? If it's still in warranty contact HP and get them to fix it or replace it.[/quote] Thanks for your advise, I'll try them. The current version works fine after reinstalling. If I don't do that, it is very likely to freeze in blackscreen when I open a game while forced shut down is the only way out. I guess there's no dump files for this issue?

The Intel video card has no problem, but just not good enough for many 3D games. I bought this laptop last year, according to hp support center the warranty has expired.

peterhogunner, Aug 5, 2016
  10. Did you try the Nvidia 368.81 version driver? Is that what you had before? If not, uninstall using DDU then try the 368.81 version, or try the one on the HP web site, the 353.24 version. There are a lot of driver versions between 353,24 and 368.81. Try some of them, see if better?

How long have you had the laptop? If it's still in warranty contact HP and get them to fix it or replace it.[/quote] Attachment 94644 Another BSOD when I was watching YouTube videos.

peterhogunner, Aug 6, 2016
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Still the Nvidia card.
    Code: BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 8, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+10b534 )[/quote] All I can suggest is to try other driver versions until you find one that works. Also make sure nothing is overclocked (if that is even possible with the Envy 15 laptop).

Download the latest HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI Version 6.1.1.0 Rev.A 22.2 MB Aug 7, 2016, See what tests are available and run them all.

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Other than that I don't know what else you can do. I don't believe the Nvidia card is replaceable. If it was I'd suggest doing so.

Could try running memory diagnostics on the chance that it is the actual root cause. Noting points to it but what if? It's something that can be replaced.

RAM:

Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Information

MemTest86+
    is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

Warning
    MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note
    MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Ztruker, Aug 6, 2016
  12. Did you try the Nvidia 368.81 version driver? Is that what you had before? If not, uninstall using DDU then try the 368.81 version, or try the one on the HP web site, the 353.24 version. There are a lot of driver versions between 353,24 and 368.81. Try some of them, see if better?

How long have you had the laptop? If it's still in warranty contact HP and get them to fix it or replace it.[/quote] I just realized that I have tried both version 368.81 and 353.24 before I posted this thread. I have also tried version 368.22, 368.39 and 368.69 but none of them worked. I'll keep trying the rest of the versions.

peterhogunner, Aug 7, 2016
  13. BSOD when playing games, VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 0x119

All I can suggest is to try other driver versions until you find one that works. Also make sure nothing is overclocked (if that is even possible with the Envy 15 laptop).

Download the latest HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI Version 6.1.1.0 Rev.A 22.2 MB Aug 7, 2016, See what tests are available and run them all.

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Other than that I don't know what else you can do. I don't believe the Nvidia card is replaceable. If it was I'd suggest doing so.

Could try running memory diagnostics on the chance that it is the actual root cause. Noting points to it but what if? It's something that can be replaced.

RAM:

Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

*Name: Views: Size: Attachment 99337
    It runs well after uninstalling and reinstalling. So now I suspect that this crashing now is about graphic cards changing (my laptop's using dual graphic cards). Is it possible that something went wrong when the system tries to switch to Nvidia card?

peterhogunner, Sep 1, 2016
  14. Ztruker Win User
    I suggest going back to the driver you had prior to the update since it was working.

Ztruker, Sep 2, 2016
  15. But it seems Microsoft will automatically update the driver.

peterhogunner, Sep 2, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD when playing games, VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 0x119 - Similar Threads - BSOD playing games

2. BSOD "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" WHEN INSTALLING GPU DRIVERS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" WHEN INSTALLING GPU DRIVERS: Hi everyone, so around Christmas time I got a second hand GTX 1060 6GB ASUS on ebay and when I first installed the drivers I had a few issues but they were minor and were fixed easily. however I couldn't play games as they would either freeze or just crash. I tried everything...
  3. BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR or black screen and restart when running some games...

BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR or black screen and restart when running some games...: Hi, I've made a recent post that the person stopped responding to me, I have a problem when I run a game that it will BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR and if it runs, it will slow down and stutter while the sound pops, this happens with many of the games I play now, I gave...
  4. BSOD caused by VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

BSOD caused by VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR: I have been having a few BSODs. One by Non Paged...something I don't remember properly. One by DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. One was caused by atikmdag.sys file/driver. And this is the 3rd one. I am having AMD 530 Radeon. I did try uninstalling the driver & then using...
  5. BSOD - VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

BSOD - VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR: Hi, I suddenly got this error from yesterday. I tried to review the dump file and the problems seem to be about nvlddmkm.sys and dxgmms2.sys but then I don't know what should do for next step. I have made sure the display card driver and windows are updated, done sfc scan...
  6. BSOD 0x119 mcupdate_genuineintel.dll

BSOD 0x119 mcupdate_genuineintel.dll: So I've got a home-built system, recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. Twice now, I have left the system alone for a while, only to come back to a bluescreen with hex code 0x00000119. I checked the minidump file, and it seems to be identifying mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll...
  7. BSOD Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error While playing

BSOD Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error While playing: So ive bought anew computer with MSI Gtx 1070 and Motherboard MSI Z170 M5 Gaming ive played a bit of medium-graphics games but the first high-graphics game i downloaded was sniper elite 3 which caused for me BSOD (Video_Scheduler_Internal_error) everytime I play (still...
  8. Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error BSOD help?

Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error BSOD help?: Hi all, Basically, I keep getting a bsod with this same thread. I thought at first it would be an issue with my graphics drivers so I simply reinstalled them. However, this keeps occurring. I have tried multiple versions of the drivers for my gpu and still the same issue....
  9. Bsod video_scheduler_internal_error

Bsod video_scheduler_internal_error: Hey! For around a week ago, I started to have blue screens every now and then. Usually happens 2-3 times a day and it can happen at any time. Error code is VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR. What I've done so far is to update my video card drivers. Have not noticed any...
  10. VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR and VIDEO_TDR_ERROR BSOD when gaming

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR and VIDEO_TDR_ERROR BSOD when gaming: I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 a week or two ago, and ever since I have been unable to play games for more than an hour without BSOD'ing. Usually I get a VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR, but once or twice it has instead been a VIDEO_TDR_ERROR (atikmpag.sys). This happens...