Windows 10: BSOD when playing games

Discus and support BSOD when playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm getting a DPC Watchdog Violation error when playing DOTA 2, as well as this it also crashes and BSODs on Kerbal Space Program, I used to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DoctorFlash, Nov 8, 2015.

1. BSOD when playing games

Hi, I'm getting a DPC Watchdog Violation error when playing DOTA 2, as well as this it also crashes and BSODs on Kerbal Space Program, I used to get infrequent BSODs related to nvlddmkm.sys error but now this happens at the beginning of every game making it completely unplayable, if you need any more details I'll be happy to provide them, thanks.

EDIT: Tested many games, the graphics crashes within 5 minutes of opening the games, then there is a 30 second delay before it goes to BSOD

:)

DoctorFlash, Nov 8, 2015
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys

Hi!

What are you playing a game, when BsoD?

Teddy2016, Nov 8, 2015
  3. BSoD

+ when i play other games i dont have BSoD i think i can recognize it mostly when im playing Division ,Dark Souls 3 these are the most problematic games they were even crashing but i tried to fix this crashes and i think i fixed it(by those steps above
    and in game changes +veryfing games files etc) because i can play longer without any crash but it makes BSoD + streaming with OBS.

MarioMoricz, Nov 8, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD when playing games

Hi DoctorFlash,

Welcome to the 10forums.

nvlddmkm.sys is the Nvidia Video driver.
    Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

Please try updating your BIOS.

Let me know how it goes *Smile

5. I've removed and reinstalled the nvidia driver as you said to but I cant update my motherboard because I get a "This app can't run on your PC" error when I try to run the update .exe file *Sad Sorry for the late reply, I've been away

DoctorFlash, Nov 17, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    The executable is unblocked?
    Right click > properties to check this.

7. Yes it was, I've managed to update my BIOS to the latest stable update though by doing it using a USB stick, I'll let you know if my problem persists, thanks *Smile

8. BSOD when playing games

It hasn't worked :-( I got much longer before it crashed but I switched from DoTA 2 to Kerbal Space Program and boom, within 5 minutes it crashed.

9. axe0 New Member
    When you get another bluescreen, just upload the zip from dm log collector and give some description. Now you have already given a description so it this time isn't needed.

10. axe0 New Member
    Please check Windows Update for the Windows 10 10586 update.

11. It's downloading now, I'll let you know if it has fixed the problem after *Smile

12. It's installed the update but I'm still getting the crashes *Sad

DoctorFlash, Nov 18, 2015
  13. BSOD when playing games

I've had another BSOD crash but this time its given the error "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)". I've attached another dump in case you need it/ there is anything new?

DoctorFlash, Nov 18, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    BSOD when playing games [​IMG]
    Diagnostic test
    GPU TEST

Run Furmark tutorial

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high

15. I managed to run it for the full 30 mins without any problems, no artifacts that I noticed at all.Attachment 49364Attachment 49364

DoctorFlash, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

BSOD when playing games

1. BSOD when playing games - Similar Threads - BSOD playing games

2. BSOD when playing game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when playing game: I only have issues when trying to play games. Below is my whocrash report. I've made sure everything is plugged in and sitted correctly RAM/GPU and still getting a BSOD. I've reinstalled windows 11 to see if something was corrupt to no avail. Any help would be great.Link to...
  3. BSOD When Playing Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When Playing Games: Hey so for some reason literally everytime I play valorant or any other type of game in about 10 minutes I get a BSOD. This didn’t happen all the time and it just started to happen a few months ago. Can anyone help me?...
  4. BSOD When Playing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD When Playing Games: Hey so for some reason literally everytime I play valorant or any other type of game in about 10 minutes I get a BSOD. This didn’t happen all the time and it just started to happen a few months ago. Can anyone help me?...
  5. BSOD When Playing Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD When playing game

BSOD When playing game: Recently I got BSOD several times while playing games, and here is the DMP text: ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck...
  7. BSOD When playing games

BSOD When playing games: Hello everyone, I have just made a fresh format and install of windows 10,but when i'm playing on games after random time my computer stuck and enter into BSOD with this error: "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP". I have used dm_log to attach the files of my pc. I already updated...
  8. BSOD when playing games.

BSOD when playing games.: Hello, I have ran into a BSOD issue. I have the dump file and system info file to look at. I recreated the crashes and it happens randomly whenever I play games on my computer. Games like overwatch randomly blue screen when I'm not doing anything in particular that causes...
  9. BSOD When Playing Game

BSOD When Playing Game: Hi Everyone I have been having BSOD problems when i play game that used alot of graphic such as Dota 2 , Overwatch etc. The BSOD that i getting is Internal_Video_Scheduler_Error , Video_Tdr_Error and sometimes the graphic driver has been stopped and successfully recovered...
  10. BSOD when playing games

BSOD when playing games: Hi, I keep having the blue screen when I'm gaming and its says something like etd.sys or whatever it is. Hope that I can get some help from here. 91885