BSOD When playing video games e.g. Overwatch, Dishonored 2

Discus and support BSOD When playing video games e.g. Overwatch, Dishonored 2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I recently bought a Powerspec G710. It was used and I performed a clean install. I've been getting several BSOD this week and they are usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StringSaber, Jun 14, 2018.

1. StringSaber Win User

I recently bought a Powerspec G710. It was used and I performed a clean install.
    I've been getting several BSOD this week and they are usually different. I performed a second clean install but I keep getting BSOD.

DESKTOP-O670QKJ-Wed_06_13_2018_202119_06.zip

Some of the stop codes I've gotten are:
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, Ntfs.sys
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, NETIO.SYS
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, nvlddmkm.sys
    KMOD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, ks.sys
    BAD_POOL_HEADER

I've looked some of them up and they have something to do with memory. I ran MemTest86 but it didn't detect any problems.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

:)

StringSaber, Jun 14, 2018
  2. RubberDucky Win User

Dishonored 2 benchmarks

Source: Dishonored 2: PC graphics performance benchmark review - PC VGA Graphics card guide

Dishonored 2 has this pre-order thing that allows you to play a day early, and so guru3d (and maybe a few more outlets, we'll see) benched it.

Quality settings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The benchmark is done on

the eight-core Intel Core i7-5960X Extreme Edition with Haswell-E based setup on the X99 chipset platform. This setup is running tweaked at 4.30 GHz. Next to that we have energy saving functions disabled for this motherboard and processor (to ensure consistent benchmark results). We use Windows 10 all patched up. Each card runs on the same PC with the same operating system clone.The drivers are:
    • GeForce cards use the latest 375.76 driver (download drivers).
    • Radeon graphics cards we used the latest AMD Radeon Crimson 16.11.3 Driver (download drivers).

1080P

[​IMG]

1440P

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VRAM

[​IMG]

RubberDucky, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Catherine Cus. Win User
    Frequent crashes playing Overwatch

Hi,

To determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried playing other games and check if the same thing occurs?
    • Which edition of Overwatch are you using?
    • Do you have the physical copy or the digital version of the game?
    If you're using the digital version, we suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . This can help in resolving issues regarding games and applications downloaded from the Windows Store.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Catherine Cus., Jun 14, 2018
  4. frozensolid Win User

freezing/BSOD 0x00000133 while opening overwatch and alttab play video

Quick update: I tried to use Mem check using memtest86 no sign of error
    Also yesterday when I played overwatch without any browser open (only overwatch open) I got freeze again and I got penalty from competitive, it's frustrating and I'm hopeless.
    Please help me

edit: tried to open overwatch and then play a video file with MPC. no freeze/BSOD so far
    conflict between game & firefox ?

edit again: so i tried to open overwatch and alt tab play a video on firefox youtube but no freeze. its pretty random

what i did so far is only turning off vsync on overwatch setting

frozensolid, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

BSOD When playing video games e.g. Overwatch, Dishonored 2 - Similar Threads - BSOD playing video

1. BSOD playing most video games (errors: 0000001a, 0000003b, 0000000a)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing most video games (errors: 0000001a, 0000003b, 0000000a): System Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1300x MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B350-F RAM: 16GB DDR4 PNY Anarchy 2400MHz Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB PSU: SeaSonic 520W Bronze OS: Windows 10 Education Problem: Every time I try to play a game (World of Warcraft, League of Legends,...
  2. Multiple BSOD typically when playing fortnite or video editing

Multiple BSOD typically when playing fortnite or video editing: Hello folks, Here's the deal, I've been getting BSOD's frequently for a few months now. I play fortnite fairly often and it's seems to be the most common trigger however video editing has also caused crashes. I've seen: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED...
  3. BSOD while watching a youtube video and playing a game

BSOD while watching a youtube video and playing a game: the bsod seems to always happens when i watch a Youtube video and play a small game like Zombidle. i've also had my computer freeze completely, as in the monitor is on with what i was doing but i couldn't move my mouse or do anything at that point i would do a hard reset to...
  4. BSOD on videos or playing fallout 4

BSOD on videos or playing fallout 4: Hello , i'v been having constants BSOD everytime im watching videos on youtube or when im trying to start a game, I switched from win 7 to win 10 , so i though it was some old driver. I updated every single driver yet nothing I checked if there as a problem with the disk...
  5. BSOD "dpc_watchdog_violation" when playing videos

BSOD "dpc_watchdog_violation" when playing videos: Hello, As many on the Internet, I have a BSOD when watching videos on Netflix, and sometimes on YouTube (it happens more often on Netflix than on YouTube). I read some threads about it, then I checked my graphic card drivers (there are up to date) and Windows Update,...
  6. Constant BSOD playing various games and rendering videos!

Constant BSOD playing various games and rendering videos!: Hi guys, first of all I'm gonna start by telling you I've done all sorts of troubleshooting ways there are for all this error messages that my PC keeps showing me. Recently I've upgraded my Motherboard,CPU and Rams, and ever since the PC is always having blue screens when I'm...
  7. BSOD DPC watchdog violation while playing Youtube videos

BSOD DPC watchdog violation while playing Youtube videos: Hello, I am posting here as a last resort. I have not been able to figure out why I am getting periodic DPC watchdog errors on my PC. During Youtube video playback, it tends to have artifacts and stuttering at any resolution, but it plays fine for a random amount of time...