Windows 10: BSOD When playing video games e.g. Overwatch, Dishonored 2

Discus and support BSOD When playing video games e.g. Overwatch, Dishonored 2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently bought a Powerspec G710. It was used and I performed a clean install. I've been getting several BSOD this week and they are usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StringSaber, Jun 13, 2018.

1. BSOD When playing video games e.g. Overwatch, Dishonored 2

I recently bought a Powerspec G710. It was used and I performed a clean install.
    I've been getting several BSOD this week and they are usually different. I performed a second clean install but I keep getting BSOD.

DESKTOP-O670QKJ-Wed_06_13_2018_202119_06.zip

Some of the stop codes I've gotten are:
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, Ntfs.sys
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, NETIO.SYS
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, nvlddmkm.sys
    KMOD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, ks.sys
    BAD_POOL_HEADER

I've looked some of them up and they have something to do with memory. I ran MemTest86 but it didn't detect any problems.

Any help would be much appreciated BSOD When playing video games e.g. Overwatch, Dishonored 2 :)

:)

StringSaber, Jun 13, 2018

2. Dishonored 2 benchmarks

Source: Dishonored 2: PC graphics performance benchmark review - PC VGA Graphics card guide

Dishonored 2 has this pre-order thing that allows you to play a day early, and so guru3d (and maybe a few more outlets, we'll see) benched it.

Quality settings

BSOD When playing video games e.g. Overwatch, Dishonored 2 [​IMG]

The benchmark is done on

the eight-core Intel Core i7-5960X Extreme Edition with Haswell-E based setup on the X99 chipset platform. This setup is running tweaked at 4.30 GHz. Next to that we have energy saving functions disabled for this motherboard and processor (to ensure consistent benchmark results). We use Windows 10 all patched up. Each card runs on the same PC with the same operating system clone.The drivers are:
    • GeForce cards use the latest 375.76 driver (download drivers).
    • Radeon graphics cards we used the latest AMD Radeon Crimson 16.11.3 Driver (download drivers).

1080P

1440P

VRAM

RubberDucky, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Frequent crashes playing Overwatch

Hi,

To determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried playing other games and check if the same thing occurs?
    • Which edition of Overwatch are you using?
    • Do you have the physical copy or the digital version of the game?
    If you're using the digital version, we suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . This can help in resolving issues regarding games and applications downloaded from the Windows Store.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Catherine Cus., Jun 14, 2018
  4. BSOD When playing video games e.g. Overwatch, Dishonored 2

freezing/BSOD 0x00000133 while opening overwatch and alttab play video

Quick update: I tried to use Mem check using memtest86 no sign of error
    Also yesterday when I played overwatch without any browser open (only overwatch open) I got freeze again and I got penalty from competitive, it's frustrating and I'm hopeless.
    Please help me

edit: tried to open overwatch and then play a video file with MPC. no freeze/BSOD so far
    conflict between game & firefox ?

edit again: so i tried to open overwatch and alt tab play a video on firefox youtube but no freeze. its pretty random

what i did so far is only turning off vsync on overwatch setting

frozensolid, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

BSOD When playing video games e.g. Overwatch, Dishonored 2

1. BSOD When playing video games e.g. Overwatch, Dishonored 2 - Similar Threads - BSOD playing video

2. Computer crashing when playing Overwatch 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashing when playing Overwatch 2: - Used Windows Update to reinstall windows- All drivers are up to date- MyASUS repair tool found nothing wrong- Used /sfc scannow and the DISM commandsMy laptop just goes black and restarts, it isn't a bluescreen. This is what my WinDBG says also, event viewer says there's a...
  3. BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch

BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch: Hello there,I'm getting bluescreens sometimes when I play Overwatch or when I am starting it.It happens randomly and I already checked my ssd and inserted new RAM into the computer.Also I tried to reinstall Windows and reinstalled / updated all drivers.Could you help me to...
  4. BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch: Hello there,I'm getting bluescreens sometimes when I play Overwatch or when I am starting it.It happens randomly and I already checked my ssd and inserted new RAM into the computer.Also I tried to reinstall Windows and reinstalled / updated all drivers.Could you help me to...
  5. BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD When playing Overwatch 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD When playing Overwatch 2: Hi there,I've been getting the BSOD with the label DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when playing Overwatch 2 frequently. I've searched it and some say it's a driver issue but I'm not sure.Here are the files:Dump FilesmsinfoThanks so much!...
  7. BSOD When playing Overwatch 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD When playing Overwatch 2: Hi there,I've been getting the BSOD with the label DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when playing Overwatch 2 frequently. I've searched it and some say it's a driver issue but I'm not sure.Here are the files:Dump FilesmsinfoThanks so much!...
  8. BSOD When playing Overwatch 2

9. RSOD playing Dishonored 2

RSOD playing Dishonored 2: Bugcheck was memory_management, with fltmgr.sys as the cause according to Bluescreenview. 110611
  10. BSOD / RSOD when playing games.. (overwatch)

BSOD / RSOD when playing games.. (overwatch): Im sometimes getting a completly red screen while im playing overwatch, this happens randomly. I used to have windows 7, and I'd get bsod, so I upgraded to win 10, and now im still getting it.. *Sad Some times I can play a day or to without it happening, and other times It...