Windows 10: BSOD when restarting computer or updating wifi drivers

Discus and support BSOD when restarting computer or updating wifi drivers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, Tried a few different things to try and resolve this issue and it is just bugging me. The system is running fine it just crashes when I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DomJones, Oct 8, 2015.

1. DomJones Win User

BSOD when restarting computer or updating wifi drivers

Hi All,

Tried a few different things to try and resolve this issue and it is just bugging me. The system is running fine it just crashes when I try to restart my computer. I only notice I had a fault because when I shut my computer down the monitor goes blank but the computer light is still on and running and it doesnt fully shut down.
    The error also pops up when I try to update/remove drivers for my networking device

The error I get is: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION(tcpip.sys)

I have updated all drivers via slimdrivers, only issue I am having seems to be with my Wireless Device
    When downloading software from suppliers site it fails to install

I have tested the system memory, disk checker and all appears to be fine

I have attached some System Logs from Event Viewer as well as MSInfo & MEMORY.DMP

Hopefully somebody can give me some guidance to resolve this issue
    If I have forgotten to provide anything then let me know
    Cheers
    Dom

:)

DomJones, Oct 8, 2015
  2. Marc J H Win User

After updating anniversary edition, getting BSOD when connects to the WiFi network.

Works fine on Windows 10. When the anniversary edition is loaded then it BSOD when the WIFI connects to the network. It appears Microsoft is loading a new WIFI driver which causes the BSOD.

I have tried disabling the device and it will work. Once you connect to WIFI it BSOD.

Does anyone know of a better driver to try? or if a fix is coming?

Original title: Realtek 8821AE Driver

Marc J H, Oct 8, 2015
  3. Win10 BAD_POOL_HEADER crash

Turns out the Dlink USB wifi adapter is what causing the bad pool header BSODs. Strange as I've been using it for the past year under Windows 10 without prior issues. Now when it's unplugged the computer runs fine with no BSODs, plugged in and it BSOD several
    times.

As it has no win10 drivers, I may have to buy a new wifi adapter.

lorry-driver, Oct 8, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi DomJones,

Welcome to the 10forums.

BSOD when restarting computer or updating wifi drivers [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    Please remove every driver installed with driver update programs.

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions

axe0, Oct 8, 2015
  5. DomJones Win User
    Hi Axe,

Thanks for your reply.
    Yeah it was pretty lazy of me tbh to use the driver detection software, I don't know why I did it at the time?

Only my GFX software was updated at the time and I have since updated this via the Nvidia tool.
    Although the issue was present before I updated the drivers.

I've ran AVG and spybot SD scans which have found nothing of relevance.

It has been happening for about a week or so now and I can't remember installing anything recently.
    I have just changed internet providers over the last few days and when I was playing about with the wifi to get it set up I did notice an Ethernet 2 - VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter.
    I've never noticed it before and not sure if it was a feature added in Win 10? Or some random software I have picked up along the way?

Thanks in advance for your help *Smile

DomJones, Oct 9, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please remove Kaspersky, it has been flagged in every dump
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for kltdi.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for kltdi.sys[/quote]

axe0, Oct 9, 2015
  7. DomJones Win User
    Hi Axe,

Thanks for the info. I do not have Kaspersky installed on my PC though?
    Would this be integrated with Zone Alarm by any chance?
    If so I will do a full uninstall and re-install on my computer

Cheers
    Dom

DomJones, Oct 9, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Did you have Kaspersky ever installed?
    If you have, then it is not removed properly.

9. DomJones Win User
    Hi Axe,

Weird as far as I can remember I have never used Kaspersky? I have always used Zone Alarm for my firewall and AVG & Sypbot SD for my virus scan and malware needs.
    Just trying to figure out how the drivers were installed especially if it keeps crashing my system?
    Am I best to download and install the free version and then do a full uninstall or is there another way to resolve issue?

Cheers
    Dom

DomJones, Oct 10, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    You might want to remove Zone Alarm, I am not sure but I guess Zone Alarm uses the same drivers.

Thema:

1. BSOD when restarting computer or updating wifi drivers - Similar Threads - BSOD restarting computer

2. Computer Restarts, no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Restarts, no BSOD: Hello,I noticed before that my computer would restart itself when playing certain games like Red Dead Redemption. Recently however, it did that out of nowhere when I just had it running in the background playing music. Below are my specs and the errors I found in the Event...
  3. Computer Restarts, no BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Restarts, no BSOD: Hello,I noticed before that my computer would restart itself when playing certain games like Red Dead Redemption. Recently however, it did that out of nowhere when I just had it running in the background playing music. Below are my specs and the errors I found in the Event...
  4. BSOD when I update wifi driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when I update wifi driver: So I have this motherboard that has built in wifi, but I decided to get a wifi card. Anyways, when I try to update the wifi driver for the onboard card, I get a bsod with something about netwtw10.sys. Motherboard is Aorus B550 Elite AX V2 rev 1....
  5. BSOD when I update wifi driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when I update wifi driver: So I have this motherboard that has built in wifi, but I decided to get a wifi card. Anyways, when I try to update the wifi driver for the onboard card, I get a bsod with something about netwtw10.sys. Motherboard is Aorus B550 Elite AX V2 rev 1....
  6. BSOD when I update wifi driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. BSOD when updating drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD when updating drivers: "THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED - RTKVHD64.sys" I've had this issue since around late 2018 when I updated my PC for the first time since early 2017 ( I had windows update forcefully stopped via registry changes, and forced metered connection) I forget my PC has these issues....
  8. Computer refuses to update when restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer refuses to update when restarting: After I run updates on my computer it tells me to restart my PC to install them. At 0% the computer quits attempting to update and restarts with an opening message "We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes"...
  9. Computer restarting and BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarting and BSODs: Hello, now I'm desperate with my pc. I keep getting random restarts without any screen, freezes and BSODs that say: KERNEL-SECURITY-CHECK-FAILURE IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL I ran memtest and it showed no issues....
  10. BSOD when updating driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when updating driver: Hi I'm trying to update my drivers and when I try to install the Intel(R) Serial IO Driver my laptop goes to a BSOD with the Stop Code: System Thread Exception Not Handled. What failed: iaioi2ce.sys. I had no open applications when this happened. I've tried it numerous...