Windows 10: BSOD when restarting windows

Discus and support BSOD when restarting windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Events prior to the BSOD: I get home from picking up a new external drive I turn on my computer as it was completly off while away and plug in the USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by demolishun, May 1, 2017.

1. BSOD when restarting windows

Events prior to the BSOD: I get home from picking up a new external drive I turn on my computer as it was completly off while away and plug in the USB for the device. The little light turns on on the external hard drive and then changes colors, manufacturer indicates this means no data is able to transfer. I then proceed to test it in each of my other USB ports each with the same results. I think its a bad hard drive so I repackage it and plug in my keyboard and mouse, neither of these are now functional. As this is a laptop my built in keyboard and trackpad still work so I do a soft restart, this seemed to have taken a while and after about 3 minutes the BSOD was upon me. Once I completelty restarted all USB ports appear functional now.
    Attachment 132950

:)

demolishun, May 1, 2017

2. BSOD with error driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

*Original TItle: The bad bsod

Hi

I was playing minecraft. Suddenly my pc shows bsod with this error driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Then it restarts. When I entered password and boot into the windows it showed bsod with this error. Then it restarts and I entered my password then I see this bsod again and this position repeated up to when I open my computer quickly after the reboot but
    I scare I see this bsod again. Please tell me how to solve this

علیرضاصمیمی, May 1, 2017
  3. rozj07 Win User
    system_thread_exception_not_handled (edevmon.sys) and system_service_exception(edevmon.sys) on asus laptop. doesnt boot on windows

I can't boot to windows. i'm always stuck up on BSOD and it keeps on restarting when it gets to BSOD and I can't boot to any recovery..

rozj07, May 1, 2017
  4. BSOD when restarting windows

Code: 0x0000009F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (2.05.2017 00:05:48) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: UsbHub3.sys [16.07.2016] * USB3 HUB Driver * => Info - Programming reference for Windows Driver Kit (WDK) MBAMChameleon.sys [16.02.2017] * Malwarebytes Chameleon Protection Driver * => Chameleon - Free Malware Removal Tool If using this farflt.sys [21.02.2017] PROCESS: System Usual causes: Device driver[/quote]
    Please remove Malwarebytes for testing:
    Malwarebytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

BSODHunter, May 1, 2017
  5. OK, I have uninstalled that software for now, here is the new report if needed
    Attachment 133147

demolishun, May 2, 2017
  6. now we have to wait if any BSOD occurs again ;-)

BSODHunter, May 2, 2017
  7. Let the thumb twittleing commence

demolishun, May 2, 2017
  8. BSOD when restarting windows

First BSOD since last time, 2nd total on this system, sending info soon

demolishun, May 24, 2017
  9. here it is
    Attachment 136560

EDIT: Popped on a tv show with Kodi, and opened up a game (skyrim) to play in the background while relaxing, noticed the video was lagging out but not the game so i tried to kill some programs, the program I had killed that was the last straw was the curse launcher. Trying to provide as much feedback as possible, I do realize windows is buggy as hell so I would be perfectly content if you said "OS corrupted please reinstall"

demolishun, May 24, 2017
  10. Hi, theres no bsod dump the zip file. Please check this or wait till a mindump is generated

But I see in eventlog that there were problems to generate this dump:
    Code: 2017-05-24T21 24:37.409 Error: The previous system shutdown at 8:56:38 PM on ?5/?24/?2017 was unexpected. 2017-05-24T21 24:26.303 Error: Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. 2017-05-24T21 24:26.418 Critical: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. 2017-05-24T21 24:38.559 Error: Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file. 2017-05-24T21 24:38.559 Error: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f (0x0000000000000003, 0xffffde8d64e7a060, 0xffff8280bcd2e870, 0xffffde8d6a9e6910). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000.[/quote] Maybe u can provide us with the full memory dump. Its located in C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. U could upload it with OneDrive oder Dropbox.

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD when restarting windows

1. BSOD when restarting windows - Similar Threads - BSOD restarting

2. Cannot enable memory integrity - freeze and bsod after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable memory integrity - freeze and bsod after restart: Memory integrity setting is off and I can't leave it on without Windows crashing. If I turn it on, Windows asks to restart. When I restart, Windows freezes at the loading screen with spinning circle and after some time crashes with bsod and error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION....
  3. Cannot enable memory integrity - freeze and bsod after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable memory integrity - freeze and bsod after restart: Memory integrity setting is off and I can't leave it on without Windows crashing. If I turn it on, Windows asks to restart. When I restart, Windows freezes at the loading screen with spinning circle and after some time crashes with bsod and error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION....
  4. PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...: Happened during gaming, cpu is being cooled very well, gpu drivers are maybe 1 driver behind the latest, never had any other faulty problems with my hardware.Restart happened on the 4/22/24 on 12:41 AMChecked event viewer and found this critical error during the time of the...
  5. PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...

PC randomly restarted without BSOD while gaming. Computer didn't turn off, it froze at...: Happened during gaming, cpu is being cooled very well, gpu drivers are maybe 1 driver behind the latest, never had any other faulty problems with my hardware.Restart happened on the 4/22/24 on 12:41 AMChecked event viewer and found this critical error during the time of the...
  6. Memory_Management BSODs only at restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory_Management BSODs only at restart: Hello, i have been getting Memory_Management BSODs since i upgraded my computer. They only happen when i restart the computer, it doesn't happen when i turn off - on maybe because of clean boot. Yesterday it had no desktop icons after startup and windows explorer was not...
  7. Memory_Management BSODs only at restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory_Management BSODs only at restart: Hello, i have been getting Memory_Management BSODs since i upgraded my computer. They only happen when i restart the computer, it doesn't happen when i turn off - on maybe because of clean boot. Yesterday it had no desktop icons after startup and windows explorer was not...
  8. Memory_Management BSODs only at restart

9. PC restarts randomly with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC restarts randomly with no BSOD: My PC restarts randomly with no BSOD or anything. Just a black screen and straight restart. This has been happening consistently for a week, but has happened like 1-2 times before that as well. It's out lf control now, however. Today, my PC was consistently restarting around...
  10. PC restarts randomly with no BSOD

PC restarts randomly with no BSOD: My PC restarts randomly with no BSOD or anything. Just a black screen and straight restart. This has been happening consistently for a week, but has happened like 1-2 times before that as well. It's out lf control now, however. Today, my PC was consistently restarting around...