Windows 10: BSOD when running any virtual machine

Discus and support BSOD when running any virtual machine in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I have a problem of blue screen on my windows 10 (with latest updates) The problem is about SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and its happening when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexSkroBot, Aug 4, 2018.

1. BSOD when running any virtual machine

AlexSkroBot, Aug 4, 2018

2. Running a Virtual Machine under Windows 10.

Hello J. Villanueva,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with running a Virtual Machine under Windows 10 in the system and getting error message: “Virtual PC 2007 SP1 does not work on this version of Windows”.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Run virtual machines on Windows 8.1 with Client Hyper-V

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/hyper-v-run-virtual-machines

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Aug 4, 2018
  3. sammy Win User
    Want to setup Xeon server running with atleast 15-20 Virtual machines in Budget

Hi Guys,

Want to setup Xeon server running with atleast 10-15 Virtual machines in Budget
    This is what I want to do since long time, please suggest me.

Thanks!

sammy, Aug 4, 2018
  4. BSOD when running any virtual machine

Virtual Machine is not starting because Hypervisor is not running

Virtual Machine is not starting because Hypervisor is not running.

Any suggestion?

BSOD when running any virtual machine 6b44dcbf-851a-407b-8e6a-1860efc4d936.png

ArchanaBhimireddy, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

BSOD when running any virtual machine

1. BSOD when running any virtual machine - Similar Threads - BSOD running virtual

2. DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION when running virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION when running virtual machine: I am getting crashes with DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION every few days when I am running virtual machine , have seen with vmware and virtual box both. Here is the minidump for the bug check happened due to vm running in virtual box. Please help to check the issue. System config:AMD...
  3. DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION when running virtual machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION when running virtual machine: I am getting crashes with DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION every few days when I am running virtual machine , have seen with vmware and virtual box both. Here is the minidump for the bug check happened due to vm running in virtual box. Please help to check the issue. System config:AMD...
  4. Virtual Machine Running windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Machine Running windows 7: I want to run windows 7 in my computer but im having problems finding the iso pls help.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/lifecycle/products/windows-7 i tried this one that i saw in other thread but it got taken down.if anyone could also make an easy guy of how to create the...
  5. Virtual Machine Running windows 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtual Machine Running windows 7: I want to run windows 7 in my computer but im having problems finding the iso pls help.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/lifecycle/products/windows-7 i tried this one that i saw in other thread but it got taken down.if anyone could also make an easy guy of how to create the...
  6. [BSOD] IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when starting any virtual machine Qemu Android Emulator for...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [BSOD] IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when starting any virtual machine Qemu Android Emulator for...: Hello everyone. I know there are thousands of threads regarding this kind of bluescreen of death. But I feel like for all of these there is a different reason for this happening. The problem only occurs to me whenever I boot up any virtual machine. Resuming it always worked...
  7. BSOD when enabling Virtual Machine Platform feature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when enabling Virtual Machine Platform feature: Hi, I've recently bought a new laptop with a Ryzen 7 4700u and I've been trying to install WSL2 but with no success so far. Following the guide from the Microsoft Docs, I get a BSOD with the following error SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED after enabling the Virtual...
  8. Virtual machine to run linux

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual machine to run linux: Windows is not my main OS. I use it for work and I'd like to install openSUSE (or any other distribution) on a virtual machine to use while I do office work on Windows. What are my options? submitted by /u/C8H10N4O2montreal [link] [comments]...
  9. Virtual Machine Running Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Machine Running Issue: Hi Guys... I am using VM Ware Workstation Pro 15, I want to run virtual machine on it. It displays an error is (VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. VMware Workstation can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard.)...
  10. Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine: How to: Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine [img] Information Nested Virtualization means that user can enable Hyper-V on existing virtual machines, and run virtual machines and Windows Sandbox on them. To make Nested Virtualization...