Windows 10: BSOD when Running Elite Dangerous mostly.

Discus and support BSOD when Running Elite Dangerous mostly. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Forums, I had 3 BSO in the past 3 days and I wanted to find out what wascausing them.. The last ne I had occurred on 3-16-17. Istarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JLAF5150, Mar 16, 2017.

1. JLAF5150 Win User

BSOD when Running Elite Dangerous mostly.

Hi Forums,

I had 3 BSO in the past 3 days and I wanted to find out what wascausing them.. The last ne I had occurred on 3-16-17. Istarted EliteDangeous Horizons an the computer BSOD.. I had found heDMP filesand made a report for yous per your Instructions I will upload the file I created in a minute..

The BSOD seems to be happening when Launching games like ED and LOTRO..I guess all the relavent infor will be in the logs.. If you need mode Info Please ask.. I do have my System specs in the signature..

I also recently updatedmy NVidia Graphics driver so maybe they are causing an issue.. I think new ones are out too..

I appreciate any Help, Thank You

:)

JLAF5150, Mar 16, 2017

2. Windows 10 gaming BSOD

When playing Heavy graphics games like Elite: Dangerous or GtaV I am able to Play for around 30 minutes. Then i encounter a bsod with the error Unexpected_Store_Exception. Here is a link to both my minidump and memory dump files Shared items 10-22-2015

Tasty_glue, Mar 16, 2017
  3. W10 blue screen

Oooohhhh, my God, you are so clever!!!! Come on...

Do you think I did not investigate?

Try to run e.g. Elite Dangerous in Vm. Please, don't waist my time.

Arturo Weis, Mar 16, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

There is a newer Nvidia driver, give it a try.
    Code: Version: 378.78 WHQL Release Date: 2017.3.9[/quote] Meanwhile I'll look at the dumps.

Last dump indicates a problem with nvstusb.sys.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvstusb.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvstusb.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] This belongs to NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D so definitely points to the Nvidia card or driver.
    I suggest completely uninstalling the Nvidia display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you Nvidia card here: NVIDIA Driver Downloads

Then do a custom install of only the NVidia graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

See if that gets rid of the problem.

Ztruker, Mar 16, 2017
  5. JLAF5150 Win User
    Well I still use 3D vision.. I may try and older driver.. I would like to know how you guys read these dmp files to get the info??

JLAF5150, Mar 16, 2017
  6. BSODHunter, Mar 16, 2017
  7. JLAF5150 Win User
    Hey WOW thank you so much *Wink

JLAF5150, Mar 16, 2017
  8. JLAF5150 Win User

Well looking into the dmp files it appeared the first dmp might have been a TDR Timeout.. I did install an older driver as it seemed stable before..

I will take a look at those other 2 files later right now I think it is bedtime *Wink

JLAF5150, Mar 16, 2017
  9. JLAF5150 Win User
    Well I had another BSOD and I did not get the file saved.. So I am still having issues and I reinstalled the older driver 376.33..

It BSOD when I went to launch Elite Dangerous..

JLAF5150, Mar 17, 2017
  10. JLAF5150 Win User
    Well Ztrucker that was part of the problem the NVidia emitter but I found the cause.. IT seems running Win 10 it shuts off the emitter and when launching a Game the emitter causes a BSOD because of a Bug.. There was a post on it and it clicked on this last dmp file..

I found the post over GeForce Forums that described this issue and to fix it you either have to turn on the emitter before launching any game.. I am using Hardware info to reenable the emitter before Launching as to not cause a BSOD.. so this problem should be solved..

Hopefully I do not get anymore BSOD IF so I will let you know but I think this is solved will give it a few more days to be sure..

Thank you Everybody..

JLAF5150, Mar 18, 2017
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Is this for a nVidia GeForce Wireless 3D Stereo Glasses Kit with Emitter?

Ztruker, Mar 19, 2017
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Cool. I've seen advertisements for them but never had a chance to try them myself.

Ztruker, Mar 19, 2017
  13. JLAF5150 Win User

Well it is really cool. What gave it a bad name was the movies that where really 2D Movies they they converted to 3D does not look nearly as good as a native 3D Movie Gaming is Awesome and if you get a Rift they are in 3D and people I know are loving it..

So 3D is not dead jkust switched to VR *Wink

JLAF5150, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD when Running Elite Dangerous mostly. - Similar Threads - BSOD Running Elite

2. BSOD When Not Plug In Most of the Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD When Not Plug In Most of the Time: I'm using an asus tuf a15 2022 and my laptop ran into bsod most of the time nowadays. I tried to clean install windows, sfc /scannow, updating drivers but the problem is still there. It is running on windows 11, R7 6800H, RTX 3050This is the link of the minidump file Minidump...
  3. Icon only for elite dangerous is different color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icon only for elite dangerous is different color: submitted by /u/RandomGgames [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxthpo/icon_only_for_elite_dangerous_is_different_color/
  4. Frequent BSOD, mostly when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD, mostly when gaming: Hi, I'm getting frequent BSOD lately and have done 2 fresh installs of Win 10, but both times it only helped for short while. BSOD normally occurs during gaming, but has happened also just while browsing. Have updated all possible drivers and not sure what's the root...
  5. BSODs - mostly when browsing or idling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSODs - mostly when browsing or idling: For around the past month I've been getting random BSODs with different crash codes. They usually happen when browsing the internet or when idle with seemingly no common factor. No BSODs during gaming yet and temps are fine. I've put the different crash codes along with the...
  6. Is this file dangerous to run?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this file dangerous to run?: Is this file dangerous to execute? https://github dot com/dgolak/tools/blob/master/unpacker/hermes_ransomware/dump-1900544.mem.exe.7z I downloaded and opened the .7z. I believe that I did not execute, but am wondering if I did and if executed what would happen....
  7. Elite Dangerous

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elite Dangerous: My Freelancer game has finally refused to run in win 10 build 10526. It did, but I need to change mods, and it now wont run. I installed it 4 times, and then a fairly new mod, no luck, wont pass opening splash Q: Is Elite Dangerous only online? if so I dont want it, I...
  8. Just got Elite Dangerous

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just got Elite Dangerous: from Steam £4.99. I presume its single play, dont like multiplay. Tried training target practise, keeping ship on target was the hardest. 100876
  9. BSOD most often with only internet running

BSOD most often with only internet running: Need help with determining the cause of this periodic crash. Several weeks ago it would crash several times a day. Now with less frequency. Have uploaded the requested information. Thanks for making this simple. 73250
  10. BSOD when startin most games

BSOD when startin most games: Hello. I am having the unfotunate problem, where i am getting a BSOD when i try to start most of my games. I have included the Debug info, I hope that some one is able to help Anders 18739