Windows 10: BSOD when starting computer first time in day. sometimes in game

Discus and support BSOD when starting computer first time in day. sometimes in game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have had many BSODs regarding ntoskrnl.exe, FLTMGR.SYS, WdFilter.sys since I have updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by moonchild, Mar 21, 2017.

1. moonchild Win User

BSOD when starting computer first time in day. sometimes in game

Hello, I have had many BSODs regarding ntoskrnl.exe, FLTMGR.SYS, WdFilter.sys since I have updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have checked drivers, memtest, and bios drivers. All is fine. Memtest for a whole night.
    Specs:
    i7 4970k
    gtx 1080
    16 gb ram 1866hz
    z97-a

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachment 126151

:)

moonchild, Mar 21, 2017
  2. Idear..zZ Win User

BSOD in Win10 SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Every day the first time I turn on my computer, I will get a BSOD with SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (NTFS.SYS). The system will reboot when this BSOD happens, and then it will have a successful boot.

This happens only once in each day. Sometimes the file is NTFS.SYS, sometimes it's another file.

I have uploaded the MINIDMP file and msinfo32.nfo file to my Onedrive. Hope it can help.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Idear..zZ, Mar 21, 2017
  3. BSOD video TDR failure (nvlddmkm.sys)

I installed Windows 10 last week (clean install). The first day it worked fine, but after that, internet usage became incredibly slow, and I started getting BSOD with the video TDR failure at random times. I wasn't playing games, but it could happen when
    surfing the Web, or reading email or working with a Word document. Sometimes the computer rebooted (presumably with this error) when I was out of the room.

Files for BSOD Video TDR Failure problem

This is a link to a One Drive folder with mini dumps, The output of MSinfo and 2 Speccy snapshots.

Help! Let me know what information is needed.

ElizabethEstep, Mar 21, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Run in an admin command prompt following command
    Code: slmgr /dlv[/quote] a pop-up will show within a few moments, make a screenshot of it and post it.

5. moonchild Win User
    Attachment 126240

Here you go! Thank you for looking into it

moonchild, Mar 21, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    What memtest did you run?
    What settings were used for checking the drivers?

7. moonchild Win User
    I have ran memtest86 the most popular one! For drivers I just went to device manager and checked for updates; however, for the bios and intel drivers I checked them manually from the websites and all is up to date!

moonchild, Mar 21, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

BSOD when starting computer first time in day. sometimes in game [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

9. moonchild Win User
    Thank you! I will do the test again tonight, last time I did that test I reached 12 passes with no errors.

moonchild, Mar 21, 2017
  10. Voodoo 01 Win User
    as an additional advice, try to keep the chipset and Video drivers updated.

Run a chkdsk periodically as some HDD may wear out faster than expected lately

Voodoo 01, Mar 21, 2017
  11. axe0 New Member
    It sounds to me as if you ran memtest86 which I think is more popular because it is being maintained, the test I suggest is memtest86+ which from our experience is more reliable.

12. axe0 New Member
    Best to try to keep all drivers up to date *Wink

Partly incorrect, but it depends on a lot of factors (though, I'm not up to date on every news, it is general that HDD's are one part that fails the fastest).

13. axe0 New Member

It has become a standard for me to think of driver verifier when someone says 'checked drivers' which is why I asked for settings *Smile

14. moonchild Win User
    I ran chkdsk and all is fine, video and chipset are up to date too! I will run memtest86+ tonight and keep you updated it tomorrow!
    Thanks

moonchild, Mar 21, 2017
  15. moonchild Win User
    moonchild, Mar 22, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD when starting computer first time in day. sometimes in game - Similar Threads - BSOD starting computer

2. BSOD on the first start of the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on the first start of the day: Hello, i built a pc and it wont stop showing a BSOD The RAM was tested with memtest86, i tried reinstalling windows many times, updated drivers, tried another ssd.No minidump file’s are being created and on the dump says wrong symbols.HELP...
  3. BSOD on the first start of the day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on the first start of the day: Hello, i built a pc and it wont stop showing a BSOD The RAM was tested with memtest86, i tried reinstalling windows many times, updated drivers, tried another ssd.No minidump file’s are being created and on the dump says wrong symbols.HELP...
  4. Computer freezes after the first start-up of the day, every day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes after the first start-up of the day, every day: I've been having this issue for a few weeks, but I'm not entirely sure when it started, so I cannot determine a concrete root cause. My computer freezes every day after the first start-up, requiring a hard shutdown. At the end of the night, I shut down my computer, and start...
  5. Memory Management BSOD when starting computer up for the first time each day, reboots and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory Management BSOD when starting computer up for the first time each day, reboots and...: Hi everyone, My computer has recently been getting the Memory Management BSOD once an ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY BSOD while starting up for the first time each day. It would restart, and everything would be fine afterwards. It appears that it reaches the blue screen...
  6. BSOD since the first day

BSOD since the first day: Hello, I purchased a branded MSI system in Oct, 2018 with Win 10 preinstalled and since then i have constant and daily BSOD events. I use the PC mainly for work (graphic design), browsing and playing but the events do not seem to be related to a specific activity. I manually...
  7. Starting computer for first time

Starting computer for first time: Bought a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series 2 with Windows 10. Right out of the box, Cortana led me through selecting a country and even getting connected to my wifi. Then she said, we are going to check for updates - found updates - downloading updates - restarting computer....
  8. BSOD every day, sometimes multiple times a day.

BSOD every day, sometimes multiple times a day.: Hello, im getting BSOD every day for a long period of time. im getting tired of all this can someone please help me, thanks, Baran 76267
  9. BSOD when starting game first time

BSOD when starting game first time: This is a little weird, I usually get BSOD when I start my PC when it hasn't been on for hours, but when I blue screen and boot Windows back up it doesn't seem to BSOD. I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence, but can someone please advise? 98292
  10. BSOD USBXHCI.SYS when powering on computer first time each day

BSOD USBXHCI.SYS when powering on computer first time each day: Hi, Ive been getting BSOD's most days when I turn my computer on for the first time. After the BSOD it boots fine and does not crash again until the next day when the PC has been off for a while. The BSOD comes with a number of different messages, ive has...