Windows 10: BSOD when starting windows

Discus and support BSOD when starting windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hello, I have a computer here I suspect could be my video card failing. Its a different spec than whats posted on my profile. I first noticed this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by leafs580, Apr 18, 2017.

1. leafs580 Win User

BSOD when starting windows

hello,

I have a computer here I suspect could be my video card failing. Its a different spec than whats posted on my profile. I first noticed this issue when my computer would not go to sleep (as per the settings) or it would go to sleep I would turn it on and the screen would not turn on. The only way I would get the computer to respond to the monitor is resetting using the power button and do a hard reset. I would usually get the BSOD then but it goes so fast I'm not able to take a photo fast enough to see what error it is.

However, the obvious is I have a video card that's not windows 10 compatible but it has worked fine until now with the driver windows provided me through windows update. I'm sure the attachment will give all the information you need and the dump files are there.

I will try to generate the BSOD and post it but I'm sure you guys will see it in the file. Any questions let me know.

thank you in advance

:)

leafs580, Apr 18, 2017
  2. motenai Win User

BSOD when starting Warframe (Game)

Lately i've been having a strange issue.

I play Warframe quite intensively, and periodically (but i cant quite understand depending on what) the game is unable to launch and it causes BSOD with the blue screen message completly screwed up in lines and bits.

Once this happens i havent found then it happens every time i launch the game and the only solution i found is to uninstall and redownload it from scratch. It worked for a while, but this time it isn't and even after reinstall the game just causes BSOD.

I tried updating the videocard drivers, resulting only in getting the screwed up BSOD screen rather than the standard one with the memory dump percentage, but it didnt help fix the problem.

I tried verifying the game files, run it in 32bit instead of 64, disable multithreading, DX11 and DX10, nothing made a change.

Here i add a link to the minidumps (5 of them) Warframe_Minidump.rar

Not sure if anyone can give me an answer of what i should do to solve the problem but i hope so.

motenai, Apr 18, 2017
  3. BSOD when starting Warframe (Game)

Try report this issue through Feedback Hub app.

Check the game manufacturer's website and see if there is any new update and you may contact their support too.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Apr 18, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Please post the specs for the computer with the problem since the specs are for a different one.

Lawest dump shows a problem with dxgmms1.sys.
    Code: BugCheck 10E, {1d, ffff9c85a9841db0, ffffae8ed5aa9010, 0} Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::SetupForBuildPagingBufferIteration+9c )[/quote] This is for DirectX support and is a Microsoft driver, unlikely to be the cause of the problem. Almost surely your video card or driver as you suspected.

You have a ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series video card which has no Windows 10 driver. You could try uninstalling the current driver and let Windows 10 install the generic driver, see if that helps.

Ztruker, Apr 19, 2017
  5. leafs580 Win User
    I've already jumped the ship and uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it. And that BSOD happened. There unfortunately isn't any driver aside from what AMD ATI provides. Just wanted to make sure it isn't a different issue. I might just replace the video card it's way past it's prime.

Thank you for the help

leafs580, Apr 19, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    New video card is the way to go. Good luck.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD when starting windows - Similar Threads - BSOD starting

2. BSOD is showing up whenever I start my pc and I can't reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD is showing up whenever I start my pc and I can't reset it: Yesterday I started my pc normally and i kept it on for 3-4 minutes without doing any work on it.Suddenly a BSOD appeared and my pc shutdowned on its own, it restarted and the same BSOD showed and it shutdowned again.After 2-3 times it tried to fix itself but that didn't work...
  3. BSOD is showing up whenever I start my pc and I can't reset it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD is showing up whenever I start my pc and I can't reset it: Yesterday I started my pc normally and i kept it on for 3-4 minutes without doing any work on it.Suddenly a BSOD appeared and my pc shutdowned on its own, it restarted and the same BSOD showed and it shutdowned again.After 2-3 times it tried to fix itself but that didn't work...
  4. BSOD is showing up whenever I start my pc and I can't reset it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Recently, my PC has started experiencing BSOD often.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently, my PC has started experiencing BSOD often.: Recently my PC having continuous BSOD with distinct stop code; the most recent one I can detect is IRQL not less or equal.I don't know my hardware is failing or it just corrupted window.Pls help...
  6. Recently, my PC has started experiencing BSOD often.

Recently, my PC has started experiencing BSOD often.: Recently my PC having continuous BSOD with distinct stop code; the most recent one I can detect is IRQL not less or equal.I don't know my hardware is failing or it just corrupted window.Pls help...
  7. How to fix BSOD at start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix BSOD at start: Hello there,My laptop, which runs Windows 11, BSOD's me at startup. It wont even load up the login menu, it just blue screens, goes from 0 to 100% in 3 seconds, and prompts me to put in a driver key. Then, whether I do or not, asks me to fix it with the fix screen. I tried a...
  8. How to fix BSOD at start

How to fix BSOD at start: Hello there,My laptop, which runs Windows 11, BSOD's me at startup. It wont even load up the login menu, it just blue screens, goes from 0 to 100% in 3 seconds, and prompts me to put in a driver key. Then, whether I do or not, asks me to fix it with the fix screen. I tried a...
  9. BSOD on the first start of the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on the first start of the day: Hello, i built a pc and it wont stop showing a BSOD The RAM was tested with memtest86, i tried reinstalling windows many times, updated drivers, tried another ssd.No minidump file’s are being created and on the dump says wrong symbols.HELP...
  10. BSOD on the first start of the day

BSOD on the first start of the day: Hello, i built a pc and it wont stop showing a BSOD The RAM was tested with memtest86, i tried reinstalling windows many times, updated drivers, tried another ssd.No minidump file’s are being created and on the dump says wrong symbols.HELP...