Windows 10: BSOD when switching from ethernet to Wifi: "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED"

Discus and support BSOD when switching from ethernet to Wifi: "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm hoping that someone can help me solve my various BSOD events with windows 10. My windows logs are also full of critical errors.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArkBrit, Sep 9, 2015.

1. ArkBrit Win User

BSOD when switching from ethernet to Wifi: "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED"

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can help me solve my various BSOD events with windows 10. My windows logs are also full of critical errors.

Essentially, every few days, (I can't replicate the issue at will), after I've used my laptop (Fujitsu u904 Lifebook) on it's docking station (Network via Ethernet), when I reboot off the docking station (Network via WiFi) I get a combination of errors. These range from:

- a message saying that Windows was unable to start the The Group Policy Client
    - a blank desktop with no shortcuts
    - clicking on the start button doesn't work (but the windows key does)

While not all thee errors happen together, what does happen is that I'm unable to connect to Wifi and the network icon is not visible in the tray.

Sometimes these are also accompanied by the BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

I know error this is about to happen, because when I power down from the docking station (I never take or put my laptop on/off it without it being powered down), I hear an error sound and then when next rebooting (off the dock), the Wifi symbol on the lock screen before entering the password has changed to the Wifi symbol with a small circle at the top left. Sure enough my windows event logs show various errors including a number listed as error No 7031,

I'm not a techie but read elsewere that if this happens, entering "netsh" & "winsock reset" from the admin screen does solve the problem after rebooting, but I'm having to do this every couple of days.

Does anyone know what's causing this? Be grateful for any insight. I've attached a download of my laptop's data.

:)

ArkBrit, Sep 9, 2015
  2. vilu85 Win User

" Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Sep 9, 2015
  3. ATGT Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

Hi

i have a nokia N8 with the following product code 059D1M2 im always checking for the update realase , now its been a month evryday i check the updates availability i find " Waiting for approval" is nokia joking on us or what !!?

ATGT, Sep 9, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi ArkBrit,

Welcome to the 10forums.

You say you have several bluescreens, but there is 1 dump file in the zip.
    If you use a program like Ccleaner, please stop with it while troubleshooting. These programs are deleting dump files which are needed for troubleshooting.

Please check {windows partition}\windows\minidump and check if there are any other dump files saved.
    Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial

Please boot into safe mode and see if the critical process died crash still occurs How to boot into safe mode

If this crash does not occur in safe mode, please do the following:

• Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked

See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.

Please do the following:

• Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again

If sfc/scannow doesn't say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation", please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

axe0, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD when switching from ethernet to Wifi: "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" - Similar Threads - BSOD switching ethernet

2. Computer switching from wifi to ethernet constantly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer switching from wifi to ethernet constantly.: So my motherboard has wifi built into it, I have the MPG Z590 Gaming Edge motherboard. I also have my ethernet connected to my router to my pc. When I Launch my computer, it switches back and forth between the two so for at least 2 minutes im constantly connecting and...
  3. switching between wifi and ethernet

switching between wifi and ethernet: Can you make my wifi become faster alone without the eternet the wifi works fast on all other devices in the house but not mine. I cant watch videos with just my wifi and I ask the HP chat help and talked to an agent and he said to reset the system and he said it would work...
  4. File sharing fails when switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi

File sharing fails when switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi: Hi, I have a network with : 2 Pcs on W10 Pro (PC1 & PC2) 1 WindowsHomeServer (WHS) a box to connect to the Internet File sharing is enable and everything works fine each PC can access the Internet and files from all computers. To get rid of the ethernet cable, I...
  5. BSOD Critical_Process_Died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Critical_Process_Died: Hello, I have various BSOD Crashes. They occur during normal Browsing. Firstly it was a "Unexpected Store Exception" in the help in another Forum at that time ( 2 weeks ago ) we managed to do a perfect SFC-Scan and a perfect DISM-Scan, which apparantly did not...
  6. Bsod: Critical_process_died

Bsod: Critical_process_died: The BSOD: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED occurred while playing Spider Solitaire, which is by itself not a critical process. A BSOD was previously posted for this system, but while the system was using an SSD drive. I've returned to the original HDD to avoid the SSD-related BSODs....
  7. BSOD when connecting to network (Ethernet and Wifi)

BSOD when connecting to network (Ethernet and Wifi): Debug report attached. Attachment 27187 10844
  8. How can I switch to WIFI from Ethernet instantly??

How can I switch to WIFI from Ethernet instantly??: Hi, I run an Ethernet cable to my modem for my Windows 10 PC. But unfortunately I have a lot of drop outs where the internet just stops (something I am taking up with my provider) and I have a pocket wifi to use as a back up. My PC can find the wifi and connect but the...
  9. BSOD - when trying to resume from sleep mode - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD - when trying to resume from sleep mode - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: While running a fresh install of Windows 10, when the computer tries to resume from sleep mode, it always crashes and the BSOD says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you." This was never an...
  10. Switching from ethernet connection to Wifi issue

Switching from ethernet connection to Wifi issue: Hi guys. Bit of a "first world problem" here i know but it is slightly irritating and really would appreciate any help There is 2 computers and 2 virgin superhubs in the house i live in (not both mine) both ethernet connected. Occasionally i have to unplug my superhub and...